Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 2502 times. | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets
Default "Sims 3 not responding" message when starting after new update. HELP!
Hello,

I am so frustrated. I installed the Sims 3 Pets back in December, and I have the base game as well. Both worked absolutely fine on my laptop. I run Windows 7. However, just today I went on to play and updated the game (I've also updated Origin if that means anything) and immediately upon trying to play it says "Sims 3 not responding" and a Windows error pops up. I can't even get past the initial screen for 3 seconds.

I have no mods installed, everything is the way it was in the beginning. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

If I uninstalled the game and then re-installed it would that do anything? I'm willing to do ANYTHING at this point because I paid for it and I want to play. I'm so sick of having issues after these updates are installed.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:10 AM
Reinstalling might help, but a better option is to follow the Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki FAQ - specifically the parts about testing without user files. Since you have no CC, you can of course skip the CC-related sections (though it is still a good idea to double-check that there isn't some CC lying about which you'd thought you deleted, but didn't).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider
Reinstalling might help, but a better option is to follow the Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki FAQ - specifically the parts about testing without user files. Since you have no CC, you can of course skip the CC-related sections (though it is still a good idea to double-check that there isn't some CC lying about which you'd thought you deleted, but didn't).

Thanks! I actually already went through all of those steps and it was just telling me to remove things that I didn't have in any of my folders and then it said if it still wasn't working to post in here, which is what I did.

Anyone else have any ideas for how I might be able to fix this?
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 4:15 PM
Things you didn't have? You don't have a Sims 3 folder in Documents?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 4:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider
Things you didn't have? You don't have a Sims 3 folder in Documents?

No, I said it was telling me to remove things I didn't have in my Sims 3 folders, like cache and custom content, none of the things listed were in any of my folders.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 4:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k39pandas
No, I said it was telling me to remove things I didn't have in my Sims 3 folders, like cache and custom content, none of the things listed were in any of my folders.

Nevermind. My bad. It's working now. Thanks for your help!
Closed Thread

Section jump