Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 1:03 PM Last edited by Misanthrope : 5th Mar 2012 at 1:14 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
Default People are having trouble with installing my sim.
I've gotten some comments about how my sim isn't showing up in people's games. It's the sim I made here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/466017

- I've uninstalled him from my game,
- Removed all my custom content from the mods folder
- Re-downloaded him from this site, and then re-placed him in the SavedSims folder
. He still shows up.

So I'm not really sure what to tell them =/

art_gurl73 said that she has downloaded another sim from this site which shows up correctly. For some reason, mine does not.

Is the problem on my part? Did I export him correctly? Is there some EP requirement that I forgot to list? (I don't remember using any EP content, but I'm not sure how to verify EP requirements either).

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:47 PM
Some of us have frozen our game at the 1.24 level because we don't want Pets, and don't want to deal with "fixing" CC that works nicely if we don't patch. It might be a patch level issue. What patch are you on, and what patch do the people who can't see him have?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:52 PM
Apparently sims created with patch 1.26 or above don't work correctly for unpatched games - the thumbnail will show up in CAS, but selecting it results in an invisible sim.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 4:57 PM
I made him during patch 1.26, but she (art_gurl73) has patch 1.29 =/

I've since updated to patch 1.29 as well, and he still shows up correctly in my game, so I'm not sure why it's not working for her.

My Blog
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 5:01 PM
Doesn't show up for me either using the sim file. Doesn't show as installed in the Launcher using the Sims3pack file. I have patch 1.29 and there is no trace of him in CAS.

Did you upload the save file/S3pack that had the CC still on the SIm? Or did you remove the CC, save and upload that file?

I ask because I've had problems with Sims not showing up that had store content when exported even tho it doesn't attach.

Just a thought.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 5:08 PM
^ I removed his hair, and he was not uploaded with any custom skin.

There may be an issue with the store content or other CC. When I get home, I'll re-upload a completely CC-free version.

Thank you for letting me know.

My Blog
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 7:50 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/?bi4y4waqm16p1d9

I've uploaded a CC-free version. Can someone verify if it works? >__<

My Blog
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 10:39 PM
Mkay, now he's showing up in CAS as an adult using the Sims3pack file...You did it...YEAH!!!

Didn't try the sim file, sorry. I have to close game for now and feed the Grumpy Ol' Man! If no one else tries it for you I'll give it a go later. But, I think the other should work just fine.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:42 AM Last edited by Misanthrope : 6th Mar 2012 at 3:06 AM.
Thank you very much; I think it's working now.

My Blog