Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:36 AM
"By extension, you should also want to do likewise with other lame Sims animations like z's coming out of ones head while sleeping or musical notes appearing magically in the air when a guitar is played, or the awful trampoline animation. I doubt that you are making serious attempts to mod the many other lame Sims animations beyond the sparkly stuff ones in Awesomemod."

Uhm, all of the mods you just listed off already exist. In fact, for the Z's one, there's also mods for the Vs from vampires and the 10101s from Simbots.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
"By extension, you should also want to do likewise with other lame Sims animations like z's coming out of ones head while sleeping or musical notes appearing magically in the air when a guitar is played, or the awful trampoline animation. I doubt that you are making serious attempts to mod the many other lame Sims animations beyond the sparkly stuff ones in Awesomemod."

Uhm, all of the mods you just listed off already exist. In fact, for the Z's one, there's also mods for the Vs from vampires and the 10101s from Simbots.

1st- If you want to quote someone, you simply click the Reply button under their comment.

2nd- I never said these mods don't exist, of course they do, people who work with screenshots and Machinima would need them.

3rd- There never was a basis to have this conversation as the censor blur is an option in the Awesomemod configuration xml...
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php

While I wouldn't pretend to have JMP's knowledge of this, I'm thinking that my option could probably be added without removing the existing options.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:04 AM
Mod that changed bar opening hours. Really handy thing, but it conflicted with Nraas Register so I had to remove it.

Oh and also No Autonomous Reaction to Simbots - I believe that everyone know why.
Scholar
#29 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:56 PM
"1st- If you want to quote someone, you simply click the Reply button under their comment."
Sweetheart, I've been running forums since before you were born. I know how to use BBCode. If I feel like using quotation marks instead, I can damn well use quotation marks.

"2nd- I never said these mods don't exist, of course they do, people who work with screenshots and Machinima would need them."
You said you didn't think Kewpie was going through the effort of making mods like that. Which I agree with. Because the mods already exist.

"3rd- There never was a basis to have this conversation as the censor blur is an option in the Awesomemod configuration xml...
While I wouldn't pretend to have JMP's knowledge of this, I'm thinking that my option could probably be added without removing the existing options."
No one ever said it was impossible to censor toilet-pee. They said Pescado had decided not to. It's his mod, he can add what he wants to it. If you want toilet-pee so bad, create your own mod.

And 4th, "never" try to "tell me" how I should "format" my "post."

Now, since you're so determined to be a whiny whiny whinerpants, this is the last response you'll get from me. Cherish it like you would a meaningful gift from a dear friend. Bronze it and place it on your mantle for future generations to admire.

Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:08 PM
This thread was just meant to be for fun and give some appreciation to some unsung heroes of the modding world. I really don't care enough about blurs to get into all this ridiculous drama. If you want to fight over what Pescado should and shouldn't blur in AM, go onto MATY and start this discussion. I am sure lots of folk are eagerly awaiting a post like this to toss in the dome and let claeric and cwurtz help you out on it.

---

Anyway I wanted to thank the folk who posted some cool mods that I didn't know were out there and put them on the radar for me and everyone else.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:20 PM
Yes, thanks for those who posted the mods they use. A couple I had forgotten about and several were new to me so it's been very useful.

I mainly use Twallen's but have downloaded several of those mentioned on here and will give them a go.
Scholar
#32 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:44 PM
That reminds me, I did find the Put Away All Books mods I was thinking of.

They were Treeag's:
Scraps: http://www.modthesims.info/d/420870
Books: http://www.modthesims.info/d/386361
Fish/Produce: http://www.modthesims.info/d/385765

Field Researcher
#33 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
3. Twoftmama's "Shut the Flock Up - Bicycle sounds" - This is something so seemingly minor and trivial. I mean, you can't even hear the bike sound. But I recently found out that the sound effect glitches out now and then, causing all of the sound in the game to go silent until it fixes itself. This very minor mod fixes that.

OMG, thank you for posting about this! This bug has been driving me crazy and I had no idea that there was a fix for it. It took me awhile to find it, though, so if anyone else is looking for it, here's where I found it: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...ovember-7-2011/
Scholar
#34 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:54 PM
I forgot about Inge's mod too... it's a godsend.

Okay, I'm embarassed... I cheat outrageously, but another favorite of mine: Olipro's Food Replicator XT.

Figured I better fess up, lots of food changes in the new expansion and I wouldn't want Olipro to think no one was using this great mod! That would be very not good.
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:59 PM
I should probably put this on WCIF, but isn't there some mod out there that puts away books, BUT makes the sims leave the toddler books on the floor? Or did I just dream that one?
Instructor
#36 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 10:33 PM
I use the Romantic Reputation Recombobulator mod Kill all o allow my sims to have romantic freedom without the silly rumor mill starting. I like to play alien sims and to me having them conform to human romantic standards is silly.
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 10:43 PM
Default ..
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
I use the Romantic Reputation Recombobulator mod Kill all o allow my sims to have romantic freedom without the silly rumor mill starting. I like to play alien sims and to me having them conform to human romantic standards is silly.

I have never heard of that mod before. I will check it out. The reputation thing is silly. The only sim I have ever had who got the faithful moodlet was one that lived in an empty town and never spoke to another adult sim of either gender until his oldest son got married. The other sim in an almost identical situation did NOT get the faithful moodlet and I'm guessing it was because he said hello to the mailman once weeks before he met his wife. WTF? Stupidest moodlet ever.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 12:04 AM
There is no other modder who has bothered to add that nice touch of hiding the toilet animations so I'd like him to keep it.

Really ? Pretty sure there is tuning for [Decensor] that does that.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:42 AM
Does anyone have a link to twoftmama's website? Her mods look interesting but google is giving me nothing.

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Mad Poster
#40 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:54 AM
Twoftmama's mods are on her forum

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/

You have to register to the forum (free registration) to see her mods and the mods of the other mod makers on the forum.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:59 AM
Thanks!

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Theorist
#42 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:58 PM
Forgot to include this before, but the No Intro mod is probably one of my favorites as well.
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:11 PM
Geez Twallan. Your mods are so amazing. I swear every day I find out there is some feature on it that I never used so I had no clue it was there. You also have some new stuff for this patch that made me 100% brand loyal to you and I have dropped other mods that duplicate what yours does.
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 11:25 PM
After getting Generations and playing for five minutes I had to add TFM's mod to keep the stupid ice cream truck from parking outside the house. I have played less than 2 sim days and I already hate that thing.
Scholar
#45 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:05 AM
After getting Generations and playing for five minutes I had to add TFM's mod to keep the stupid ice cream truck from parking outside the house. I have played less than 2 sim days and I already hate that thing.

Ice cream truck is Pets, actually.

Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:27 AM
Ack. Thats what I get for installing 5 things at once. I have no clue what went with what.

I also didn't really get that all of the older EP and SPs I got except for pets required individual manual patches. I got some really horrible bugs that started destroying my game. The funniest was one of my neighbors was glitched and would constantly do the "ice sculpt" animation with the chainsaw sound (but not the chainsaw) wherever he went and whatever he did. His hands would go up in the air and he'd make a loud BZZZZZZZZ sound every 20 seconds or so. How I wish he were a simbot.

The least funny was that I was unable to go inside the buildings that I lived in except in build mode. I had to knock down the walls to get inside the house.
Scholar
#47 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:07 AM Last edited by Zokugai : 8th Mar 2012 at 7:21 AM.
Yeah, I had massive crashes every 2 minutes after installing Pets. Turns out, my Late Night had never been updated. Gotta love FordGT90Concept's patch downloader.

Coincidentally I was coming here to add it to the list.

The Patch Downloader scans to see which of your old exps are out of date, downloads, and installs the right patches for all of them. Compared to the EA launcher, which just checks the basegame and the most recent exp. http://modthesims.info/d/409829

And the Crash Log Analyzer, which is a bloody miracle, does exactly what it says and scans your error logs to tell you what caused your crash. And if you had a crash it doesn't know yet, if you click "Export to text file" and then paste that text file's contents into the comments section, the creator seems to be very prompt in "diagnosing" it. http://modthesims.info/d/416883

Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:12 PM
My favorite "lightweight" mods... let's see...

"No Intro"
Inge Jones' Lot Sizes
claudiasharon's (originally stevebo77's) No Foot Tapping While Waiting For Clear Route!
Buzzler's Moar Interactions
treeag's Put Away All Books
PiperK1980's Call Any Sim, Anytime!
sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul
Flyby's The MultiOwnersDoor 2.0 (3.0 does not work with patch 1.29)
whiterider's Bog Off, Bobby: No/Reduced Curfew

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfection.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#49 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:43 PM
First the clean house mod (~2000 lines of code), now MoarInteractions (~12000 lines of code) is a minor mod too. At that rate somebody's going to mention twallan's StoryProgression next.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Instructor
#50 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:54 PM
Does anyone know if there is a mod for dog and cat social decay, or one that makes them more social together? I have never seen pets spiral into loneliness so fast before. My sims are working or even sitting at the house just watching tv, I have 2 dogs and 2 cats and none of them interact with each other when they need social. I am not sure if there's something making them stupid, but I don't have any mods installed (as of yet) that would alter it. I have to constantly be in testingcheatsenabled to make sure they don't get taken away. I want to not have to do that anymore. Thanks!
Page 2 of 4