Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:13 AM
Default How is your SHOWTIME experience so far?
Just got the game. First few minutes into the game.

I dont get the 'feel' of a new expansion with this one yet. Sure, there seems to be tonnes of 'community lots' with lots of new stuffs, but I think thats about it. My sim doesnt have much money yet to afford all the new stuffs, and I dont like to cheat.

Will try make my sim pursue the singing career and report back later.
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:18 AM
Yay - I knew I could rely on you Emino - lets see some pics .

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:20 AM
Only have the dvd pics so far:

Currently seeing new stuffs in CAS. The male clothes are alright. Seems like stuffs I would wear. The hair however I wouldn't dare to do it onto myself.. lol

I take back my word... WTF is this? Why EA? WHY?!!

Scholar
#4 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:37 AM
Oh, hell, no one said anything about grown men dressed in bunny costumes. This EP has potential after all.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:53 AM
So as a singer, the guy started by singing telegrams, performing for tips and getting gigs.

Anyway, sims with Natural Born Performer trait will do everything with Flair. Like how daredevil sims do everything extreme.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:12 AM
Psssh, that "with flair" thing sounds lame, unless the sim does jazz hands while getting into the shower.

(Please tell me they actually do jazz hands while getting in the shower.)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Psssh, that "with flair" thing sounds lame, unless the sim does jazz hands while getting into the shower.

(Please tell me they actually do jazz hands while getting in the shower.)

It is lame. And I cant tell, really. No blur removal mod yet.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:54 AM
I think the new town of Starlight Shores is kind of bland, however there was a simfest in my game, and it went really well, there were about 3 acts. And no one goes to work, they just perform all day. I kind of get the feeling that EA's SP has improved also, because a sim came up to my sim and started to autonomously flirt with him. That's NEVER happened in my game with vanilla progression. Your going to have to do some major tweaking to this town, which has me kind of disappointed because they did such a great job on Apaloosa Plains, and Lunar Lakes. Or maybe because we've had so many great player made towns, I'm kind of spoiled to mass detail. Anyway as far as content, this expansion pack has LOADS of stuff. However the kids,teens, toddlers didn't get anything new (didn't expect that with this kind of EP anyway). All in all, it's pretty good with all the potential things we can do now. Only disappointment is the new town.
Inventor
#9 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 10:22 AM
Thanks for the pics and info emino! That bunny suit is ridiculous!
I'm hoping to get the game tomorrow I've been on the fence (because of the social features/Simport) until the patch came out and I found out the social features weren't nearly as hard to block out as I'd imagined--at least for me--so now I'm looking forward to this EP. I really missed Superstar so I think I will probably love it.
Now if only we get weather next everything would be perfect. I forgot how much I liked weather until I went back to TS2 for awhile :P
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 10:24 AM
lol at the hair, it looks so eighties, just saw similar hair on a "Love and Marriage" re-run last Friday when I was in the gym.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 10:51 AM
A bunny suit? Now we're assured we will get our money's worth. :p
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 2:06 PM
Ow, some ppl have it already... I'm in Europe, we have to wait a bit, but I'm not going to install the new EP anyway, before all my mods are updated. What about the new town? I saw pics of it on youtube, you know, that online chat where they presented the town, and I thought it was quite small, with lots located sparsely, not close together. Is the town really so little, and is threre a room to expand it (like, can empty lots be place along the roads?).
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 2:47 PM
The new town is boring. And it seems like it would be a hassle to convert anything else in our old town to include stages, since they have these rugs to arrange the audiences.
Theorist
#14 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:00 PM
Does the bunny suit at least come with a bunny head and feet to complete the look?

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:33 PM
What about the people, are they pretty or pudding?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:37 PM
A hassle? To rearrange/add some tables and chairs? o_O

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#17 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:47 PM
Yes! Most important. How horribly hideous are the premades?

Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Does the bunny suit at least come with a bunny head and feet to complete the look?

The suit is already connected with bunny feet and there are seperate bunny heads.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:56 PM
Can you use the bunny suit as a pajama? If not, I hope modders will figure it out so we'll have footies. I love them footies.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
What about the people, are they pretty or pudding?

They are hideous lol, seriously EA did a terrible job on the townies.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
A hassle? To rearrange/add some tables and chairs? o_O

Hm, I usually do much more serious rearrangements in the town, like add lots, custom apartments, take down some buildings to place new ones, and delete almost all families but a few. Any time I start playing an EA town, I try to make it more townlike (but without skyscrapers, they lag), and it is not always easy. Judging from what I saw, it will really be a hassle to rearrange SS if the lots refuse to get placed in all those gaps. The town's really sparse, like, a bunch of buildings here, then a bunch of buildings there, and huge green areas between them.

But the terrain paint is not bad, must i say! And i like those little paths. I'd add more flora, though. But, unlike placing new lots, it is easy to do.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fraavio
Can you use the bunny suit as a pajama? If not, I hope modders will figure it out so we'll have footies. I love them footies.

Yep, the suits are available for adults (and I think teens) for everyday and pj outfits.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:05 PM
I just realized that the hair on emino's sim looks like Christian Bale's in American Psycho. Hello Patrick Bateman sim.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:48 PM
^I meant just tabled and chairs though lol
I'm going to get some pictures of Sims for people. This is going to take a while though.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#25 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
lol at the hair, it looks so eighties, just saw similar hair on a "Love and Marriage" re-run last Friday when I was in the gym.

Actually I believe that hair is CC converted from the Sims Medieval.

Page 1 of 18