Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 8:43 AM
I have your lovely red soup mod, though the queue/menu thumbnail for it is still Shimrod's white one and yours is the only one I have. Quick fix plx? <3
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 2:35 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 4th Apr 2012 at 3:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by falcophoenix
I have your lovely red soup mod, though the queue/menu thumbnail for it is still Shimrod's white one and yours is the only one I have. Quick fix plx? <3

Sorry, I missed one set of icons. Thank you for pointing it out.

The fixed versions are in the original thread in post number 5, as are the icon fixes of the bean soup and the jellybeans.
It won't do any harm to not re-download them, it's just for consistency in the images, so you only have to re-download if the inconsistency bothers you. (The recently uploaded carrot soup is fine.)

click this link to find them quickly
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 3:58 PM
Default New bowl
Hand painted Bulgarian bowl.
You can only have one bowl design in game, remove any others before installing this one.
(My other bowl's package name starts "Forsaken_Bowl" to make it easier for you to find if you have it installed and wish to use this one instead)
Single serve and group serve bowls pictured.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_BowlBulg.rar (9.1 KB, 412 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 11:06 PM
Default Hopeful Orphan Permanent Buff
The hopeful orphan used to get a letter from their parents if they asked around.
The letter used to give a +30 buff to focus every time it was read.
Since either one of the patches or the EP, this buff is now only available on the initial read of the letter for 12 hours, once it expires it can't be had again.
I did try and make this mod so the buff was repeatable like it was originally, but nothing I've tried has worked, so as a fall back option I've made the buff permanent instead.
Be careful not to ctrl-click the buff away, because it can't be got from reading the letter again.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_HopefulOrphanPermanentBuff.rar (49.3 KB, 829 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:13 PM
Default Latticed Berry Pie + Guide
I've had this one for ages. It's not my favorite so I haven't uploaded it before.
It does, however, include a guide I made for where the food image should be placed for custom creations. It's slightly off on the white side (that will make sense if you look at the image btw :P) so if you make your own food, just come slightly off on the white side of the image and it'll be fine. The way the food sits is not in a perfect dodecahedron, so the template is as close as I could be bothered making it. The image placement was fine previously on most food, but I had to make this guide to get the pie crust to line up right round the edges, and it's handy if you make soups etc with swirls or deco on top to see if it will even all appear in the bowl. So the guide helps cut a little time off the trial and error process.
I'm hoping to see someone else upload some custom food here, which is why I'm uploading this.

The food mesh makes pies sit strange from certain angles and heights, with a bump in them. It's not noticeable most of the time though, but thought it should be pointed out.

This is what the guide looks like. It's in the package file as the actual food file the game uses, so if you want to have a go at making your own, just extract it using S3PE and make your changes.
Screenshots
Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_FoodLatticeBerryPie.rar (34.0 KB, 427 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th May 2012 at 10:28 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 10th Aug 2012 at 4:52 AM. Reason: download not working properly
Default Pink Plate
Plate works fine, putting it back up for download

I'm removing this download, since it's a bit temperemental. It took me ages to get it to work properly, but it was always inconsistent before this.
I had got it to work consistently in new kingdoms and old before I uploaded it, but I've loaded the game today and my blacksmith (who the plate was already tested with) won't cook any food from the oven again.
It does work if directed to cook from the larder. It just seems to be when the you click on the oven it doesn't work.
If you have it in and can't cook any food either click on the larder to cook or just remove the remove the download and it will all work again.
I'll take another look at this when I get some time. My apologies to the people who downloaded it.

Re-texture of plates for the food from the oven.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_PinkPlate.rar (15.2 KB, 288 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#32 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 11:30 PM
Default Choosing a flavor
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Problems (albeit a minor one, and one you probably won't come across)
The only problem I came across was when I saved a kingdom then went to test another 'flavor' of the mod in the same kingdom, although woohoo is still inititiated autonomously they never make any move to go to the bed. (Woohoo still worked when directed to do it, so it doesn't break the actual game function)
This problem will only occur if you save a kingdom using one version and then you try to use a different version in the same kingdom.
Doing this will only affect a kingdom that has been saved using more than one version of the mod, all other existing kingdoms will be fine and any fresh kingdom will be fine also. Thought it was worth pointing out though.
This may seem like a minor problem to you, but it makes me very worried. It means that I basically have to pick my flavor very carefully, and stick with it essentially forever. This being the case, could you perhaps give a little more documentation on these mods, and the differences between the flavors? In particular:
No Jealousy works as the name implies, but I've left the propose marriage, and get married options with low jealousy on them.
Could you add a little more detail here? Is the mod at all tunable? Does it apply to every sim in the game, or just certain ones? Do you mean that "propose marriage" and "get married" have low jealousy and high jealousy options, or did you make them all low jealousy? And just what does a "low jealousy" marriage entail (as opposed to "no jealousy")?

Thanks for making these mods, by the way. Were I not so nervous about screwing up my kingdom by picking the wrong one, I would just leap in and use them! I guess in the end I may be forced to start new kingdoms just to try out the different options, but in the mean time any answers you could give me would be very helpful.
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Iestyn
This may seem like a minor problem to you, but it makes me very worried. It means that I basically have to pick my flavor very carefully, and stick with it essentially forever. This being the case, could you perhaps give a little more documentation on these mods, and the differences between the flavors? In particular:
Could you add a little more detail here? Is the mod at all tunable? Does it apply to every sim in the game, or just certain ones? Do you mean that "propose marriage" and "get married" have low jealousy and high jealousy options, or did you make them all low jealousy? And just what does a "low jealousy" marriage entail (as opposed to "no jealousy")?

Thanks for making these mods, by the way. Were I not so nervous about screwing up my kingdom by picking the wrong one, I would just leap in and use them! I guess in the end I may be forced to start new kingdoms just to try out the different options, but in the mean time any answers you could give me would be very helpful.

There isn't much more to say about the mods than I already have
No jealousy means there's no jealousy, a sim being cheated on will not react in any way, even if they're standing right next to the couple....your sim can do what they like without having to worry who is in the vicinity.
Low jealousy will proc when another romantically involved sim realizes that their love interest is getting married or has proposed marriage to another sim.
Low jealousy involves nothing more than a bit of weeping and a slight relationship decrease, which you can easily set right by interacting with them.
The mod can't be altered from within game, and it applies to every sim.
I'd say if you're in doubt then download the one with all options, incase you want these later.

Autonomous woohoo only has a chance to proc if your sim already has it available to them on the romantic options, and Shimrods mod adds functions that you have to select yourself, so if you download the one with his name on it and don't want to use seduce to get to a romantic relationship quickly then don't have your sim seduce another sims or if you don't want to execute another sim then just don't click execute sim.

No jealousy exists because I had a few kingdoms where my King had consorts and being slapped around by ones consorts in public.....or at all....well you just wouldn't do it would you lol. I left the marriage options with the function for them to cry freely because a bunch of consorts weeping at his wedding amused me, and also even if you're not the jealous type, being sad because you missed the chance with someone you love is perfectly natural and not neccessarily anything to do with jealousy, so it seemed only right to leave that in for the marriage options.
If I feel a sim should be irate at their loved one trying to get off with other sims I can always direct them to those actions anyway, and aside from making other sims oblivious to romantic options and crying when marriage to another sim is brought up, this part of the mod doesn't do anything else to your game.
If your sim isn't the cheating type then don't have them cheat, if your sim is, you can always have them still keep watch for their partner to play your story the way you want, if they get caught, you can direct your betrayed sim to react or (if your betrayed sim is inaccessible and you don't want to add them as an active sim) you can have your cheating sim start the argument with them to get it going, (which to be fair most people do when they're caught in the act anyway).
For me it's easier to have this mod in than not in, I can correct the other attitudes that should react from within the game, but there is no function at all to stop my King being beat up by a bunch of girls who should have no romantic claim on him anyway, and even if they did, you still wouldn't attempt to punch him in the head anyway would you. It's not right. I kind of feel EA should have made the monarch with no or low jealousy on them anyway.
Unless your sims are cheating all over the place you won't even notice this mod is there.

Autonomous woohoo is just as it says, but isn't available till the romantic options list it anyway. So again, unless you've taken your sims to that level of relationship this mod won't do anything. Woohoo has to be available to them already for them to have a chance of doing it autonomously. It won't be a kingdom of sims running around woohooing everything that moves.
It's for those moments when they're left to their own devices and even married couples won't woohoo without your interference, I just wanted it more realistic.

So neither of these mods will do anything at all unless you've put the sims into a romantic relationship yourself.
Shimrods mod adds functions to your game that you have to select from the menu yourself, so again unless you're selecting them then his part of the mod won't do anything to your game either.

I'd still say if you're in doubt download the one with all options incase you want them later. For the most part you won't notice the mods are there anyway, but that will depend on how you play the game. If you normally have a bunch of sims cheating on other sims and sims slapping other sims all over the kingdom then you'll certainly notice a difference from no jealousy lol
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 1:29 AM Last edited by Iestyn : 2nd Jul 2012 at 1:55 AM.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

I guess I was hoping for something like the "No Jealousy" LTR in TS3, you know? I have one particular sim who runs around a lot—and ideally I'd like this one sim to get away with it, without removing jealousy from the game entirely.

But that's probably not possible, and of course, as you say, sims don't cheat autonomously. Furthermore jealousy in TSM is not anywhere near as problematic as it is in TS3, so I suppose I'll scarcely notice the difference if I remove it entirely (I've never seen sims slap one another out of jealousy, but then I have very few married sims, and those that are generally aren't cheating—the promiscuous sim is not in any relationship at all). Of course that argument cuts both ways: my lothario can probably live with the mild jealousy the base game entails.

When you recommend I go with the most complete mod, do you mean that the problem doesn't occur when switching to a less complete one (i.e. only if you add something new), or do you mean that I shouldn't have a problem going with less because everything is voluntary? I still worry about this bug... doesn't it concern you that it might cause problems should you ever need to update your mods?

You're right, by the way: low jealousy should be intrinsic to the monarch (though not necessarily the monarch's spouse!)

If I had the option to do so safely, I think I would just add in autonomous woohoo, and worry about jealousy later. Autonomous woohoo would really add a lot to the game, I think.
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 4:19 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 2nd Jul 2012 at 5:37 AM.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

I guess I was hoping for something like the "No Jealousy" LTR in TS3, you know? I have one particular sim who runs around a lot—and ideally I'd like this one sim to get away with it, without removing jealousy from the game entirely.

But that's probably not possible, and of course, as you say, sims don't cheat autonomously. Furthermore jealousy in TSM is not anywhere near as problematic as it is in TS3, so I suppose I'll scarcely notice the difference if I remove it entirely (I've never seen sims slap one another out of jealousy, but then I have very few married sims, and those that are generally aren't cheating—the promiscuous sim is not in any relationship at all). Of course that argument cuts both ways: my lothario can probably live with the mild jealousy the base game entails.

When you recommend I go with the most complete mod, do you mean that the problem doesn't occur when switching to a less complete one (i.e. only if you add something new), or do you mean that I shouldn't have a problem going with less because everything is voluntary? I still worry about this bug... doesn't it concern you that it might cause problems should you ever need to update your mods?

You're right, by the way: low jealousy should be intrinsic to the monarch (though not necessarily the monarch's spouse!)

If I had the option to do so safely, I think I would just add in autonomous woohoo, and worry about jealousy later. Autonomous woohoo would really add a lot to the game, I think.

Ah, in the base game I didn't have any problem with jealousy, even when the monarch was in bed with the bard while his wife came into the room and stood at the end of the bed, she had zero reaction. P&N changed it for me, loads of face slapping and shouting.
My sims don't cheat, but in certain kingdoms I like to make consorts for the monarch and face slapping is just wrong.

The mod you're talking about would probably take someone like Grim to make, and a core mod would silence mine anyway. I left my censors and sleep in clothes etc mods in and they in no way interfere with Grim's core mod taking control, I'd imagine mine would be the same. Safe to leave in the folder, or remove completely while a core mod took over jealousy and woohoo.

Aside from this, since EA abandoned TSM after P&N I don't see that the mod will need updated, and I made it for my own game, and then decided to share for those who were looking for it too, since there was nothing else even vaguely similar out there. There was originally only one version of the mod, I wanted to keep Shimrod's mod and have no jealousy and autonomous woohoo for myself, but when I put it up to share I made different versions so people could have the parts they wanted. I could have left it as all or nothing in which case this wouldn't be an issue for you (and the 'bug' would never have been discovered), but I still think most people prefer to have a choice. It's completely up to you whether you want to download it or not. I can't do anything about the 'bug' except point out that it exists and leave it up to the downloader whether they want the mod or not. The bug doesn't affect the games own woohoo function, only the autonomous woohoo, which is something you won't have without the mod anyway, so....
If EA did update and this mod had to be updated to work with it (not all mods need updated after a patch or EP anyway) but if it did and the function broke for old kingdoms, I'd put up a new one for people who still wanted it in newer kingdoms while advising of the problem for old kingdoms. The other option is to not bother downloading a new one at all in which case you wouldn't have autonomous woohoo for any kingdom so I still don't see it as a major problem. You can have it for new kingdoms but not old, or none at all, the choice is still quite simple for me, and if it needed updated and you didn't download a new version because of old kingdoms, that would be silly, since if it needed updated you would still have to remove the older version since it would no longer work (otherwise why am I updating it), and so would still have no autonomous woohoo in old kingdoms....while at the same time removing the option from new kingdoms too, since you removed the mod completely. It's not game breaking it just makes autonomy for woohoo not work in kingdoms that have been saved using a different flavour of the mod...and if EA updated in such a way that the mod broke then the autonomy breaking with a new mod may not even be an issue anymore because who knows what EA did in this never going to appear patch or EP.
I said to download the one with all options incase you want them later, and can't have them without breaking autowoo on old kingdoms, but you're right the base game had so little jealousy going on that 'no jealousy' is probably not worth it. On the other hand, there's so little jealousy in the base game that you could have all the options downloaded and not notice a difference from no jealousy but still be prepared in the event you get P&N, which has an insane amount of jealousy going on, and can be highly annoying.
Saying all that though, I have P&N and that's what the mod was tested with, it should work for all versions, but since I haven't seen it work with just the base game with my own eyes I make no such claims.

I don't agree that the Monarch's wife should have outward jealousy reactions. Some of the mistresses of England's Kings are more well known than the wives of the Kings, and the wives did not complain, and if they did, they didn't do it publicly. The only royal wife I can think of who was outspoken about her husband's promiscuity is Juana Castille of Spain (and she was way higher up the Royal ladder than he was), and she was deemed mad, partly for her outbursts about her husband's cheating.....which for a man wasn't seen as cheating, but only natural and almost expected. Precarious times to be a woman, let alone the woman of someone powerful, so I still think as wife of the monarch you'd bite your tongue, even as the powerful wife of a lesser royal you were in a dangerous position. The man pretty much owned the woman, a woman did not have any claim over a man, and royal's didn't marry for love they married for titles and hopefully new kingdoms for them or their children to be ruler of, love was a bonus if they were lucky, so it was no wonder they took other women that they were more attracted to and happier in the company of, it never worked the same way for females though, they were stuck with what they were married to whether they liked them or not, and more often than not didn't even have a say in who they married, it was decided for her. I'm going mostly by Britain's monarchy since that's where I'm from and so what I know of, and the little I know of Europe's monarchy, but I think it was pretty much the same for royals all over. Even today's heir apparent had a famous mistress that he later married, which is the true love story, and not the first fairy tale marriage that both parties were sadly pressured in to. Even far into the 1900's a woman had very few rights in marriage. So the idea a monarch's wife from the medieval period had any room to complain to him, I find hard to imagine. She was probably nothing more than an approved of breeding machine to provide a suitable heir (and by suitable I mean not female), and most likely not even important or special to him, although I'd think that there was the rare case where the opposite was also true and she was valued and her opinion mattered to him, but this could just be Disney's influence :P
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 7:42 AM
I suppose you are right, I cannot really fault anything you say here.

But to clarify, what I meant about jealousy and the monarch's spouse was not that, say, if a King cheats, the Queen Consort should confront him, rather that the Queen Consort should not have the same right to cheat. As you say, historically the King was considered to have a right to have mistresses, but fooling around with the Queen was treason punishable by death. Queens Regnant often took lovers, but even then they did not have the freedom a King would have had.

So in my hypothetical, ideal version of TSM, the Monarch (male or female) could get away with cheating, but the Monarch's spouse could not—the gender equality is not historical, of course, but it is in keeping with other aspects of the game.

Anyway, we're no longer talking about the mod here, so I guess I should shut up. Thanks yet again.

ETA: I *AM* using P&N, and I still haven't seen the extreme jealousy you mention! Again, I can only assume this is because while my kingdom does have a lot of promiscuity, it doesn't have much actual *cheating* going on.
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 3:31 PM
I suppose you are right, I cannot really fault anything you say here.

But to clarify, what I meant about jealousy and the monarch's spouse was not that, say, if a King cheats, the Queen Consort should confront him, rather that the Queen Consort should not have the same right to cheat. As you say, historically the King was considered to have a right to have mistresses, but fooling around with the Queen was treason punishable by death. Queens Regnant often took lovers, but even then they did not have the freedom a King would have had.

So in my hypothetical, ideal version of TSM, the Monarch (male or female) could get away with cheating, but the Monarch's spouse could not—the gender equality is not historical, of course, but it is in keeping with other aspects of the game.

Anyway, we're no longer talking about the mod here, so I guess I should shut up. Thanks yet again.

ETA: I *AM* using P&N, and I still haven't seen the extreme jealousy you mention! Again, I can only assume this is because while my kingdom does have a lot of promiscuity, it doesn't have much actual *cheating* going on.

I didn't mean the Queen Consort should have the right to cheat. My comment was more an expression of sympathy for all the poor real life girls throughout history who got stuck more often than not with men they probably despised, and she was not allowed to seek out the same kind of solace as he was. Strikes me as a sad and lonely life, and then the girls who felt they were lucky to have found love and he betrayed her anyway. I know on the other hand you had the ones who were pleased that a mistress got him the hell out of her bed, but still sad on all counts I think.

In answer to not wanting your Queen to cheat, she won't in your game unless you've taken her to a romantic relationship with another sim yourself. The no jealousy doesn't encourage cheating, and autowoo doesn't have a chance to happen unless the option is already available between 2 sims. If she's had a relationship before she marries the king, there's an option to break it off and make that sim an ex, which I'm sure you already know, so the option shouldn't be available to them. Anything 'unacceptable' your Queen does will have to have been made possible by you in the first place...and if she does cheat...directed by you, then you can always select the options for rage face on your King to negate the no jealousy mod.

I'm actually quite jealous you haven't seen much jealousy in P&N lol. I have zero cheating of married couples in all my kingdoms....except one where I had to test a mod in an existing kingdom and my active sim's husband would not do as he was told, so I had to test her with someone else :P
All the face slapping I've seen came from the kingdom where I made consorts, some were nothing more than 1 kiss with 1 girl and she came to join the rush of girls who wanted to punch his head in if he kissed someone new. Most of the rest he'd slept with, but this 1 girl must have had the chivalrous trait or something because she always refused to get into bed with him, she reacted the same as the rest though, and he wasn't married at that time, or engaged. I got rid of the consorts after he got married, but jealousy with them was quite extreme for even the most minor discrepency.

I'm the same as you. I'm paranoid about my game and what I put in it. You'll barely notice either of my mods, and like I said, sims that should react you can do yourself from within the game, sims that shouldn't you can't fix without the mod, so for me I'd rather have it in than out, that way I can play any story I want without autonomy getting in the way, and Shimrods mod adds interactions to the pie menu that you'd have to select yourself. Better to download the all-in-one mod incase you want the rest in the future.
If it has more of an effect than you'd like you can always remove it for that kingdom and put it back in for a kingdom you'd use it in.
You can always wait and see if Grim updates his core to include something similar, but I still think being a core mod it will over-ride mine completely anyway, negating the problem of autowoo breaking if you use the core instead. I wouldn't quote me on that though, and Grim will know better than me if this would be the case. I'm basing it on what a core mod does and what I've seen from standard mods being left installed while I use similar functions on the core mod.

You can always install the full one and play a new kingdom to see what it does and how noticeable it is to your standard way of playing to decide if it's something you want to keep, which given your level of paranoia (which I can totally relate to) would probably be the best option for you. I often wish I was braver with my game because there's some functions in Grim's core I'd love to play around with, but I'm not, even though I chastize myself for being such a coward on a regular basis. I back up all my saves and downloads and sims I've made etc but still, the thought of maybe having to reinstall makes me want to cry.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:22 PM
Hey, don't cry nice lady. I just finished my third re-install, and if an old man on a worn out computer that the game said could not run it can do this surely you can survive. So, go forth bravely, test the core!
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
Hey, don't cry nice lady. I just finished my third re-install, and if an old man on a worn out computer that the game said could not run it can do this surely you can survive. So, go forth bravely, test the core!

lol, thank you SilverPrinz, but I know I won't. I might eventually one day, on a kingdom I can happily delete, then realize the functions work fine and hate myself forever for not trying them sooner lol. Sadly, no matter how hard you try, you just can't run away from your personality type
I haven't been ignoring your posts btw, I've been busy recently, and also not sure how to answer the questions you asked quickly and concisely, or even correctly =)
I was kind of hoping Grim would have stepped in when I didn't reply, but I know he's been really busy as well.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 4:39 AM
Default faulty keyboard likes to drop letters when I type, fixed typo
No problem on the questions, I figured it was like you say. I am not upset, just get frustrated sometimes so if that came through I do ask you forgive me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
No problem on the questions, I figured it was like you say. I am not upset, just get frustrated sometimes so if that came through I do ask you forgive me.

(((hugs))) I enjoy your presence here, nothing to forgive you for, don't worry about it.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 6:52 PM
Oh, one more thing... I use the cherry pie texture and thank you, it sure looks better in the game than the original. (hugs back)
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 4:48 AM
I've re-uploaded the pink plate in post 31.
I figured out the problem.
It seemed it was only the blacksmith that refused to cook, I remembered the other day that I added one of the decorative cornish pastie looking pastries to the blacksmith's oven. It looked real nice, so I left it there, a few sim days later it disappeared, but this was obviously what caused his cooking problem when clicking on the oven directly and I hadn't noticed this cooking problem until I tested the plate with him and by that time I'd forgotten the invisible deco item. No other sim has had a problem with the plate and I've been using it consistently since I first uploaded it, so I tried a new blacksmith in my new kingdom just to make absolutely sure and it works fine, so I've re-uploaded it.
It's not at all 'medieval' I know. I made it for a very girly character.
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 7:04 AM
Hmm the refusing-to-cook-on-the-fireplace problem I've encountered before even when I was playing a clean base game (first fresh install on my system when I first got it, no cheats, no mods, no Resource.cfg, no P&N) so it might not be specific to your mod. I just automatically direct my Sims to "Make Food" from the Larder from then on.

Your mods are looking very neat and I'm about to download some of them. One question though, does the autonomous WooHoo make your Sims pregnant? I know I can always disable pregnancy or download Shimrod's mod that makes it only a 15% chance but I actually like the 50% chance since it's more realistic. I just don't want new kids running around when I next play a Hero.

I agree with your stance on jealousy regarding Monarchs. And sad that you mention Juana de Castilla, her story is one that breaks my heart. I just finished reading a book about her.

Funny too, since I'm basing my kingdom off of 16th century Castile, with some modifications of course since TSM appears British in mechanics. Maybe I'll do a new kingdom and wrap the story of Henry VIII around there... complete with six wives. The first wife will become my Jacoban Priest (since Catherine of Aragon was sent to a nunnery)... the others will be sent to the Pit Beast (or Executed by Sword... or maybe only for the Anne Boleyn incarnation), one will mysteriously die after giving birth (now I want a mod that has a chance for a Sim to die of childbirth) and one will survive to be regent.

I just don't know if Licentious or Glutton will be more appropriate for my Henry VIII incarnation.
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 3:57 PM
No it wasn't anything to do with my mod, it was because I'd altered the blacksmith's fireplace and then forgot I did that and didn't notice the problem till I tested the plate with him. I'd say stoopid sims, but it's very obviously stoopid me lol.
This is the only time I ever had a problem with cooking.

Em...good question. I'll say yes since it is the games function only with autonomy on it.
I think probably only when it's an active sim though, I think if your inactive heroes are woohooing by autonomy then they won't get pregnant, but I don't actually know.
I use Shimrod's 15% pregnancy and haven't had a pregnancy in my game since I put it in, so I haven't been able to test this. I might remove it and check though. I do think your hero would have to be active though. I'll remove the pregnancy mod and check.

I think the 50% is kind of unrealistic....not in the terms of numbers of pregnancies but in the terms of the child mortality rate, you could have a whole bundle of kids and only have a couple survive to adult hood, and TSM doesn't kill babies or children or terminate pregnancies, so I like the lower pregnancy rate partly for this reason (partly because the kids are useless and partly because there isn't enough room in the houses). I know with Grim's core I could get rid of some of those kids but I know I wouldn't have the heart to do that. I get attached to the pixellated peoples.

Was it The Last Queen of Spain that you read? I find her story particularly heart-breaking as well, for all of it but especially considering who betrayed her before she was exiled, given how much she adored him :*(

Henry the VIII had Catherine Howard executed as well.
Catherine Parr was only regeant when Henry was away in France. It was the Duke of Somerset who was Regeant for Edward VI when Henry died, and the Duke of Northumberland after him.

Oooo, licentious or glutton...I agree, hard choice.
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 2:45 AM
My replies are in bold.

No it wasn't anything to do with my mod, it was because I'd altered the blacksmith's fireplace and then forgot I did that and didn't notice the problem till I tested the plate with him. I'd say stoopid sims, but it's very obviously stoopid me lol.
This is the only time I ever had a problem with cooking.

A: I still have that problem even now, about the fireplace-not-cooking thing. I haven't altered my fireplaces (maybe except for the color, but I only use the options that come with them). What did you do to fix this? Oh well, maybe it's something I have to live with since I have genius Heroes in my kingdom... that can't use a fireplace properly. Hey, maybe they're Timelords! (Lol, I was just re-watching Doctor Who.)

Em...good question. I'll say yes since it is the games function only with autonomy on it.
I think probably only when it's an active sim though, I think if your inactive heroes are woohooing by autonomy then they won't get pregnant, but I don't actually know.
I use Shimrod's 15% pregnancy and haven't had a pregnancy in my game since I put it in, so I haven't been able to test this. I might remove it and check though. I do think your hero would have to be active though. I'll remove the pregnancy mod and check.

A: Oh, thank you! I must say I admire your interest to check things out in the game. You've been a wealth of information to me. :lovestruc

I think the 50% is kind of unrealistic....not in the terms of numbers of pregnancies but in the terms of the child mortality rate, you could have a whole bundle of kids and only have a couple survive to adult hood, and TSM doesn't kill babies or children or terminate pregnancies, so I like the lower pregnancy rate partly for this reason (partly because the kids are useless and partly because there isn't enough room in the houses). I know with Grim's core I could get rid of some of those kids but I know I wouldn't have the heart to do that. I get attached to the pixellated peoples.

A: Good point about the mortality rate actually. I might pick up Shimrod's mod, but for now I don't want any pregnancy mods since I've encountered difficulty with this during the Heir to the Throne quest... it took them a LOT of WooHoo's to get my Queen pregnant. I don't know if they fixed this with PN though, I haven't had the quest again since I installed it.

I think it'll be too shocking for pregnancies, babies or children to die suddenly of illness for a EA Sim game. Aside from my idea of childbirth deaths, I might look into actually doing mods for these. The problem is I don't know where to start. If it's ok, could you point me where the 'editable' game files are? I've read somewhere that you can edit scripts or something. If it's in .csv format or similar I might be able to tinker with it. If not, I'm willing to learn.

Was it The Last Queen of Spain that you read? I find her story particularly heart-breaking as well, for all of it but especially considering who betrayed her before she was exiled, given how much she adored him :*(

A: If you're talking about "The Last Queen: A Novel" by C.W. Gotner then yes! I cried about a dozen times throughout the chapters, not only out of heartbreak but of frustration! You don't know how much I hated this strong, noble and intelligent woman broken just because it is the norm of the times!

I'm gonna pick up his new book about Isabella soon. I'm very excited about this.

Henry the VIII had Catherine Howard executed as well.
Catherine Parr was only regeant when Henry was away in France. It was the Duke of Somerset who was Regeant for Edward VI when Henry died, and the Duke of Northumberland after him.

A: I know Henry had her executed... I just need a scaffold and block installed in the Judgement area otherwise I'd have to do it with Execute by Sword option by Shimrod. XD

I don't think I can actually create this item though since it'll call for new animations. Probably in the future.

Thanks for the clarification about Catherine Parr. I sometimes get my facts confused. My Throne Room is going to get very crowded hehehe. Luckily I installed some Backroom Beds inside the hidden hallways of the castle.

I'll do this after I finish my "Spanish Empire" ambition, as I like to call it. Currently in the "Imperial Domination" ambition.

Oooo, licentious or glutton...I agree, hard choice.

A: I'll make him Chivalrous and Licentious at first. Then replace Chivalrous with Fun-loving or something, but still Licentious. I'll replace his traits everytime he has a new wife. Probably he'll be a Glutton by the time he marries Howard and Parr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 3:41 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 11th Aug 2012 at 3:44 PM.
I was the one who broke the blacksmith's fireplace, so I haven't come across your specific problem before. LOL at your retarded geniuses =D I love Doctor Who, loved David Tennant in it. I'm a bit ashamed of myself that I only noticed the Time Lord reference in TSM recently. Especially since I always knew the TickTop guy was called 'Time Lord' I just never linked the name in my head till a couple of months ago

Oh I agree too shocking to have it in a sim game, and don't think I'd be happy if they did include random child and baby death. I meant more that I could do it myself with the core, I just know that I wouldn't though. So I prefer to keep the rate down in a way that doesn't harm any little pixels lol. TS1 sim kids died from guinea pig disease. I remember trying to build a wall round my sim's kid lol but death just portalled in to where he was :*(

As for the game files...Shimrod posted a thread recently explaining which ones to use and why. They're in the 'game data' folder.

I have a few C.W Gortner books, but I especially loved The Last Queen....When you say new book about Isabella do you mean her Mother? I didn't even know he'd written that one. ....just read up on it on the official site, sounds excellent. I'll be sure to get this one too. Thanks for the heads up =)

I only know details about Henry VIII because I used to be fascinated by Anne Boleyn's story. My mother is also a history buff, and although I thought I was never paying much attention some of it seems to have sunk in, much to my surprise lol.

I never managed to get the backroom beds to be used. I only tried twice but they always remained empty. Are yours being used?

I lol'd at your last answer. Genius. I love your idea of changing his traits as he progresses. Perfect way to do it.

*edit* mean to say that I have no unplanned pregnancies yet, but then I only have the one romantic couple so far, they're married but he never seems to go home, he seems to hang around the pit, the forest or the castle all night, I've yet to see him go to where he actually lives.
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by falcophoenix
Would you be willing to make your peach dress recolor into the default nightgown? Or if possible to use just a simple, strapped/strapless long dress, or at least a retexture of something like it if you're unable to mesh? I never liked the ugly, unflattering grey nightdress-and-cap that females are forced to wear, but anything overly fancy wouldn't be fitting for everyone.

Don't know if you're still around, but it is possible to have it show up as sleepwear. I've got them to show in my new kingdom.
Anyone can do this....
Open the package with S3PE Select the CASP file
Click grid
Look for clothing category and click to access the drop down list
Next to sleepwear click true
Click commit
Remember to save the file.

Sleepwear is randomly generated on to your sim at the start and also randomly generated onto NPCs, I've seen mine a couple of times on the Doctor's operating table on an NPC now.

If anyone doesn't have S3PE, or is uncomfortable using it I'll upload another version of the dresses and the boxer shorts enabled as sleepwear.

You can't switch the generated pjs with edit in cas though, and there isn't any other choice of hair in cas except the stoopid night cap, so if you want normal hair in there you'll need to edit those casp files too I guess.
I saw the handmaiden in the doctors and she kept her normal hair when she changed so maybe there's a way to get rid of the hat, I don't know what it is though since there's nothing else in CAS to choose from.

Thanks to Silverprinz for his post on recoloring the pjs with edit in cas, which is what tipped me off that the pj assignment might be random and just because I couldn't get them to show on test didn't mean they never would show.
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 12:29 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 1st Sep 2012 at 5:35 PM.
Default No Pigeon Fiddling
Fed up with everyone fiddling with the pigeons in the messenger box? Me too.
This shuts off autonomy on the various messenger boxes. They still function as intended if you direct your active sims to use them, and it doesn't interfere with quests that use the messenger boxes.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_NoAutoMessengerBox.rar (3.3 KB, 640 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 12:34 PM
Default Get out my freaking bath
The amount and types of sims who feel compelled to use the Monarch's bath is shocking.
The fact that the Monarch thinks nothing of getting into the dirty peasant water is disturbing.
Keep your Monarch squeaky clean and fresh with the 'plebs be gone bath'.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_StayOutOfMyBath.rar (3.0 KB, 2894 downloads) - View custom content
Page 2 of 9