Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 8:09 AM
Default How do I get a townie into College?
Alright. My Sims, Tegan and Sara, continue to roll the want:

"Blah Blah goes to college"

Both of the people they roll for, are townies. So is there anyway to get a townie into College without playing them? Or am I stuck with the stupid want of them to get into college? -.-"

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 8:31 AM
There should be a send to college button on the main neighbourhood screen in your neighbourhood, that allows you to select both your Sim and premades. Or is it on the University screen? Sorry its been ages since I last did it, but on one of those screens is a button which allows you to take your Sims and premades to University without having to move in townies or go into houses to get your teens to University.

Oh Noes Not Another Blog! - where you can see my awful custom content and horrible attempts at challenges, storytelling and picture taking.
Not much up there right now, this is only the beginning! :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annoainthere
There should be a send to college button on the main neighbourhood screen in your neighbourhood, that allows you to select both your Sim and premades. Or is it on the University screen?

Correct, it's on the university screen!

It pops up a list of all eligible teens, I'm sure your Sim's buddy is on the list too

Hi, I'm Camilla, and I'm a Sims 2 addict!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 9:46 AM
Just go to the first menu when you go into a neighborhood and click the University with the arrow sign and then select all the sims you wanna send to college (hope that answer was clear enough haha I can't find the right words). Also, love the Tegan and Sara thing c:
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilGeek
Correct, it's on the university screen!

It pops up a list of all eligible teens, I'm
sure your Sim's buddy is on the list too

Thanks LilGeek, its been two months since I last played and the memory got a little fuzzy! LOL

Oh Noes Not Another Blog! - where you can see my awful custom content and horrible attempts at challenges, storytelling and picture taking.
Not much up there right now, this is only the beginning! :D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 11:02 AM
Happy to help ^_^

Hi, I'm Camilla, and I'm a Sims 2 addict!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 1:10 PM
However, be aware that once sent to college in this way, townies turn into playables, not dormies! So you will either have to play them, or use a hack to change their status.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annoainthere
There should be a send to college button on the main neighbourhood screen in your neighbourhood, that allows you to select both your Sim and premades. Or is it on the University screen? Sorry its been ages since I last did it, but on one of those screens is a button which allows you to take your Sims and premades to University without having to move in townies or go into houses to get your teens to University.

Thank you so much

Quote: Originally posted by sierrakusterbeck
Just go to the first menu when you go into a neighborhood and click the University with the arrow sign and then select all the sims you wanna send to college (hope that answer was clear enough haha I can't find the right words). Also, love the Tegan and Sara thing c:

Tegan and Sara is the shizz Love them ^.^ And thank you.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
However, be aware that once sent to college in this way, townies turn into playables, not dormies! So you will either have to play them, or use a hack to change their status.

Whoa..Whoa what?! I have to play Micheal and and and this girl I totally forgot her name?! For...Like reals?! Yieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee This is...Like...So I'll have like 6 peeps in my home. Well, at least I built it big enough :D

Thank you so guys and girls so much ^.^

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 5:02 PM
When you use the send to University button, the townies will become playables. So, you have to choose what you want to deal with: playing them, or ignoring the wants of your current playables for the townies to go to college.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 5:12 PM
Well, then, I guess. Let the house get bigger This will be fun, except the fact...Tegan, Sara, Jasmine, and Margaret are coming to the end of their Sophomore Year, and the new peeps will be just starting out. But, what the hey, the more the merrier. Plus, bigger house parties! WOOT WOOT

Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 5:57 PM
Or use a hack to turn them into dormies once they move in. Simlogical teleporter can do it.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 1:36 AM
The send to college button exists in both your main hood screen and your Uni subhood.

The townie teens you age up will be sent to the Sim bin in the Uni hood. From there you can place them with your existing sims or in a whole different residence. If you don't feel like playing them you can use the Sim Blender and choose "Make me a townie." This will turn them into a YA who can then show up in dorms and as a walk by, be invited over etc.

If you want them to be a sophomore use the College Adjuster to change their semester to 4.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 10:42 AM
The wants will go away once your sims have grown up.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#14 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 1:58 PM
Or get Inge's teleporter cat and, after you've sent them to college, make them "townies", which makes them dormies as long as you're in a University neighborhood when you do it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 5:33 PM
Its fine, really. I don't mind playing them, truthfully. However, I would like them to be in the house or dorm with my Sims at the same time, my Sims go in. Like have them ALL Freshmen It'll be fun, plus I can get...>.> Ohelia Spceter in, even if her mother or grandmother whatever she is (Olive) likes to beat up everyone...Sometimes I wonder if she is trying to get more gravestones to add to her collection -.-"