Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 7:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Black screen on sims2 with sound
please help i have windows 7 and cannot play my sims. My system is as follows:

Windows 7 home preimum 64 bit
I5 processor 2300
AMB Radeon 6570
6 gig Ram

Set up is as follows:

Computer to AV Receiver on HDMI, AV Receiver to 42 inch Plasma on HDMI. This worked when I was on XP but the computer had to be replaced and I am unable to play sims. Is this a resolution problem?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 11:49 PM
Well, I am not an expert or anything but I had a similair problem when I tried to play sims 2 on my new windows 7 home premium (I don't know if the other things match), but in my situation, I found out about a foolproof way, that is surprisingly weird and simple:

Instead of trying to start the game by doubleclicking the shortcut on the desktop, just take out the disc from the computer, and put it back in, and then just let it start. For a shorter ay with the same effect, you go to "my computer", and then double click the sims 2 icon.

I hope for your sake that the same thing applies to your pc. Otherwise I'd recommend using a crack, because since I got all the expansions (no, not bought, don't sew me) and used a crack, I can once again use the shortcut. I'm not sure if this the work of the crack though, but it is worth a try.

ltr
Site Helper
#3 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 12:57 AM
Your computer may not be up to playing the game. That graphics card is only one step up from an integrated graphics chip. You should probably read this FAQ and follow the suggestions:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...nboard_Graphics