Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 9:59 PM
Default Re "Regular" Sim in a Uni neighborhood
I've been busily working on my new University. Like many, I've been making uni-related community lots from scratch, occasionally checking on Sims 2 sites for inspiration.

So I want to make absolutely sure before I do still another stupid thing and mess up a brand-new neighborhood ... are you allowed to make houses for non-Uni Sims in a Uni sub-neighborhood? Since these sub-neighborhoods are so large, I was contemplating making some residences for the "Dean" and a "professor" or two far away from the main campus, but on the same grounds. Of course, they're not REALLY a "dean" or a "professor", but this is a game of imagination.

I can't see why not .... but with all these posts about how doing this or that isn't a good idea, I want to make sure.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 2:36 AM
Sounds like a bad idea to me. Time works differently in University than in a normal neighborhood and the developers never meant for you to have non-YA sims in your uni hood.
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 7:04 AM
There was a hack called "Adults Go To College" from Christianlov, but his stuff is no longer available for download since a couple of months ago. I have it, but I haven't used it since I first got it, back when I still played Uni sub-hoods.

It's a hacked painting that allows you to send adults to uni sub-hoods, giving them the semester bar instead of the regular age bar and their age resets once they graduate and move back to the main hood. Once in uni hood, you can stop their semester timer with another hacked object, like Pescado's collegeclock.package which would allow you to keep them in uni hoods indefinitely.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
There was a hack called "Adults Go To College" from Christianlov, but his stuff is no longer available for download since a couple of months ago. I have it, but I haven't used it since I first got it, back when I still played Uni sub-hoods.

It's a hacked painting that allows you to send adults to uni sub-hoods, giving them the semester bar instead of the regular age bar and their age resets once they graduate and move back to the main hood. Once in uni hood, you can stop their semester timer with another hacked object, like Pescado's collegeclock.package which would allow you to keep them in uni hoods indefinitely.

Is it possible to upload Christianlov's mod somewhere? like mediafire or anywhere else?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 4:16 PM
If you have inTeen, there's a flavor pack called Residential Graduates that lets any sim from baby to elder live on a uni campus. I've been using it for a while, and it hasn't caused any problems for me. The only other thing you need is some kind of teleporter to get them there. I use inge's cat to summon them to the dorm I'm playing, and then I move them in. Then I just move them out to their own house using a newspaper or a computer. I prefer this mod because they have the regular age bar and not the semester bar.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Is it possible to upload Christianlov's mod somewhere? like mediafire or anywhere else?

I second this. That sounds like it would be awesome for sending Plantsims to Uni.
Instructor
#7 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Sounds like a bad idea to me. Time works differently in University than in a normal neighborhood and the developers never meant for you to have non-YA sims in your uni hood.

I am going to be sole disagree-er on this one. Developers never meant for us to have Uni's in our main hood and I have a nicely functioning one that has worked well for years. (Squinge's College Mega Pack)

Developers never meant for us to have community time pass by on residential lots. A mod came along and changed that. (Community Time Project)

We were also never meant to be able to visit other Sims. I've got a mod that allows me to do that. (Chris Hatch's Visit Other Sims)

My game still runs well and has not blown up, nor does it show any signs of doing so. But granted, I am very particular about keeping my hood clean and healthy and being very careful!

Back when The Sims 2 was still being produced and OFB came out, I did a lot of "out-of-the box" thinking with my game and talking about what I was doing in the simming community inspired some of the mods/gameplay styles that we are all enjoying today.

So yeah, my motto is, make a clean test hood, check out Christianlov's mod or the inteen flavor pack mentioned above and then try it and see. That's how I've learned.

Then share what you've learned with the community so we all benefit.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Site Helper
#8 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liv Lukas
I am going to be sole disagree-er on this one.
Actually, it sounds like everyone has been trying to find alternatives, which makes you far from the only one.
Instructor
#9 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Actually, it sounds like everyone has been trying to find alternatives, which makes you far from the only one.

I meant on the agree/disagree buttons under your post of which, as of right now, I am the only one.

Scholar
#10 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 5:37 AM Last edited by Simsica : 26th Mar 2012 at 5:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.

Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I second this. That sounds like it would be awesome for sending Plantsims to Uni.

I would have to make an account somewhere to upload it. I'll let you know.

ETA: Maybe because I just got up and haven't had my coffee yet or it's just my general aversion to creating accounts, but I think it would be better if someone else with an already existing account would put the file up for download somewhere. I'd send it to them via the PM, if necessary.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 8:08 AM
I have a mediafire account. You can send it to me if you want to, and I'll post it here, Simsica.

My simstagram =(^_^)=
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Darby : 26th Mar 2012 at 9:22 PM.
There was a post in a thread fairly recently that linked to an archive of Christianlov's hack collection, but haven't been able to find it again.

Anyway, I grabbed the file, and would be happy to send a copy to you, MimiSim, for sharing. I looked into doing so myself, but can't seem to access my MediaFire page, and like Simsica, I was reluctant to create another file-sharing account. Too lazy. :p

ETA: Eh, got the lazies out. Here you go!
http://www.4shared.com/zip/nubiNnLg/file.html
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 4:13 AM
Thanks Darby for posting this. My internet decided it wasn't going to work today. :-)

My simstagram =(^_^)=
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 5:18 AM
My pleasure.
Instructor
#15 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 6:02 AM
Darby,

4shared was asking me to login or create an account to DL that. So I am attaching my Christianlov complete mod collection here, for ease of downloading. That is the complete zip that I downloaded from the daum site before it went down.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ChristianLovModCollection.zip (1.45 MB, 1072 downloads) - View custom content

Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 8:20 AM
Thanks, Liv. 4shared was asking me to login tooand I'm not creating an account to download stuff!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liv Lukas
Darby,

4shared was asking me to login or create an account to DL that. So I am attaching my Christianlov complete mod collection here, for ease of downloading. That is the complete zip that I downloaded from the daum site before it went down.

Awesome - thank you, Liv.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 6:37 PM
Wow. So many alternatives! Thank you all!

I might err on the side of caution ... this time. I'm rather cowardly that way. But the idea of using Squinge's Mega Pack, or using the Christianlov mod, and making a test hood sounds intriguing. I might give that one a go.

Thanks again!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#19 Old 18th May 2012 at 2:00 AM
Here's a daffy question: is there a listing somewhere of what all the mods in that dl do? Thank you soooo much for posting it! I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out another way to resurrect a cat without his resurrecttron...just went thru the package, oh vi! LOL so many interesting new tools!