Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Back to the Basics

by triciamanly Posted 26th Mar 2012 at 3:19 PM - Updated 27th Mar 2012 at 3:44 PM by triciamanly

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 11:59 PM
Once again a beautiful house Anne, thank you for sharing :lovestruc
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 3:43 AM
And a lovely job too.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 5:54 AM
This is a neat house and I promptly placed it in Desiderata Valley. However, the bookcases and cabinets that were supposed to be in the attic room were actually in that middle dead space. There were also three random cabinets with a couple vases on them in the sub-basement. Nothing seriously wrong with the house. Thought you might like to know.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 8:31 AM
An interesting use of space and colour, Anne. I also like the idea of entering a contest, where do I find them?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
An interesting use of space and colour, Anne. I also like the idea of entering a contest, where do I find them?

Hi karen lorraine! Thanks so much for commenting! The contest I was speaking of is sponsored by wgroome and is now in the 4th round. Just for fun, you should participate in the 4th round because there are 4 judges and they give you really constructive feedback in addition to a score. I love it, even though I'm at the bottom of the pack! Here's the link:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469141
You choose one of the family bios, build a house to the exact foundation and then reply to the thread with pics of your lot. You'll be able to see other people's work there too to get a better idea. Hope to see an entry from you dear friend!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jylla
This is a neat house and I promptly placed it in Desiderata Valley. However, the bookcases and cabinets that were supposed to be in the attic room were actually in that middle dead space. There were also three random cabinets with a couple vases on them in the sub-basement. Nothing seriously wrong with the house. Thought you might like to know.

Hi jylla! Thanks so much for your comment! I placed the bookcases and cabinets in the dead space so that only the top half of them would show, creating a low shelf and lower bookcases that wouldn't stick up out of the sloped roof. Also, the ones in the basement are supposed to create a hearth for the fireplace! When you play, you will really only look at the ground floor and attic levels, at least that was my thought! Does that make sense? You may have to use the cheat move_objects on for them to show up correctly. Thanks so much for writing about it so others can see my explanation too!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
Hi karen lorraine! Thanks so much for commenting! The contest I was speaking of is sponsored by wgroome and is now in the 4th round. Just for fun, you should participate in the 4th round because there are 4 judges and they give you really constructive feedback in addition to a score. I love it, even though I'm at the bottom of the pack! Here's the link:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469141
You choose one of the family bios, build a house to the exact foundation and then reply to the thread with pics of your lot. You'll be able to see other people's work there too to get a better idea. Hope to see an entry from you dear friend!

Anne, I'd love to enter but you can't enter mid-contest. I found out about this contest when someone posted a house but it was days to the deadline and I knew I wouldn't make it so didn't bother. If you find any other contests feel free to pm me with them - I'd love to have a go. Karen
Inventor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 12:56 AM
Cozy and charming.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:31 PM
Finally a house that has a lot of space and still isn't enormous! Thank you!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XxXBennoXxX
Finally a house that has a lot of space and still isn't enormous! Thank you!

Thanks so much XxXBennoXxX!! I hope you don't have trouble with the furniture in the basement and dead space! Maybe that wasn't such a good idea, but of course, it's easy to delete! I appreciate your comment!
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 9:09 PM
ok can some one help me i know how to add cloths and hair and stuff like that but when i add house they dont show up in my sims 2 game and i have the right exspanion pack for every download and i do go through 7-zip file manager and copy it to the sims 2 download thats how i add the hair shirts pants and stuff like that to my game but the houses i add to the game dont show up in my sims 2 game i need some help
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kikiowl
ok can some one help me i know how to add cloths and hair and stuff like that but when i add house they dont show up in my sims 2 game and i have the right exspanion pack for every download and i do go through 7-zip file manager and copy it to the sims 2 download thats how i add the hair shirts pants and stuff like that to my game but the houses i add to the game dont show up in my sims 2 game i need some help

You are right to save it to the sims2 download folder. Then, go into the folder and find the lot you just downloaded. Right click on it and choose Extract here. In a few seconds, a sims2pack icon for the lot will appear at the bottom of the list of downloads. Double left click on it, and the game installer will open. Choose install. The game installer will then tell you that your cc was installed. Start the game and you should find it in the lots and houses bin. Thanks for writing, good luck!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 9:25 PM
Oh, this is gorgeous, tric! Everything about it, inside and out, makes me want to live there, it looks so peaceful and relaxing.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd May 2012 at 9:29 AM
I love it.. Thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th May 2012 at 8:41 PM
Wow this is gorgeous! And no CC? Even better! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 8:53 PM
amazing