Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:48 PM
Default Custom Pose Question
So, I love all the poses out there, but sometimes things don't match up right when I pair up Sims of different age groups together. For example, I'm making a sims series where I use a young adult male sim and a teen female sim as a couple. I wanted them to be different heights, and I wanted young adult sims to be like seniors or juniors, and the teens to be the underclassmen. But for most poses, when I try to put them together, she's too small, or the angling is just off.

So... is it possible to have a teen and young adult sim in poses together that were originally intended for both YA sims?
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 9:22 PM
You can think of TS3 poses as like plaster mannequins... when you have a 2-sim pose, neither sim knows anything about where the other sim is, they just keep their form. That's why poses will also often result in clipping with sims of different body types, or certain clothes. There's no physics built in. (That is also why child sims don't have the same interactions as teen sims... they require all-new animations to do the "same" interaction.)

To accommodate different size sims, you'd have to modify the poses... that requires the use of 3D modeling software. You'll be able to find tutorials in the Create section, for instance http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._3_Making_Poses .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 9:25 PM
Okay, that makes sense. I've never made anything for the Sims before, but I guess it's about time I try! Wish me luck.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSimsDiva
Okay, that makes sense. I've never made anything for the Sims before, but I guess it's about time I try! Wish me luck.
Good luck to you! Also, you may find some purposes for which perfect fit isn't needed, so it can be done with camera angle, ALT key and OMSP etc. rather than a new pose. I used one of Alistair's poses in this shot and I'm pleased with the result, but from a different angle you'd see that Janet's hand is resting a little above my shoulder rather than quite upon it, because T's are a little smaller than YA's.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 9:47 PM
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 6:35 PM
Hey i used the simswiki to try make my poses and it did not work. it is not on the pose list. and when i add it the name is : a_LG_pose 1 the sim stands there for ages doing nothing. Help me do i need to add images to get it on the game and the pose list? if so how do i do it , do i use S3OC and how do i use that?
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucylucesim
Hey i used the simswiki to try make my poses and it did not work. it is not on the pose list. and when i add it the name is : a_LG_pose 1 the sim stands there for ages doing nothing. Help me do i need to add images to get it on the game and the pose list? if so how do i do it , do i use S3OC and how do i use that?

For modding help, check out the resources in the Create menu, lucylucesim You'd probably be best off asking in the Q+A thread for the tutorial you were trying to follow.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 9:57 AM
Maybe not the right place, but I'm totally confused here, trying to sort out, so I'll give it a try anyway Why all theese poses, what do U use it for? Can one get advantages in the game with them or something?