Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 34 (Who?), Viewed: 11428 times.
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 12:35 AM
Default Oh why must EA create some ridiculous outfits...
Back when everyone was still playing Sims 2 I remember thinking how ridiculous some of the outfits were. It's like they were assembled by a blind man with absolutely no sense of style. Thank God for custom content! But then I would get frustrated because I'd have tons of unnecessary clothes to scroll through to get to my pretty custom content. This is even more tedious in the Sims3, where you can't buy outfits anymore (another feature I was sad about not being included in the new Sims), and every time I want to change my sim's outfit I have to wait until hundreds of ugly little EA outfits and hairstyles to load in order to view the custom content. I've never created any custom content before, but I'm considering learning how to create a mod for this nuisance since I can't seem to find one anywhere. Is anyone else annoyed by this as much as I am? Wouldn't you just like to view your custom content when you're altering your sim's appearance instead of various pages of irrelevant EA content you never even use. Am I alone in this suffering?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 12:43 AM
its not that bad for me anymore...i know all the cool stuff is at the very top of the list...or the very bottom....
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieusa
its not that bad for me anymore...i know all the cool stuff is at the very top of the list...or the very bottom....

I agree--it was really bad in the beginning but for the past year or so--I think the clothes is pretty good both in terms of style, texture and detailing. I definitely download less cc clothes now and even deleted a lot of what I had downloaded previously.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:21 AM
I like almost all the clothes that comes with TS3. I only wish there were more normal male clothing. I don't download much CC clothes since some do not suit the look of the game anyway, like photoshopped clothes. In TS2 you might be able to get away with it but the graphics in TS3 and the lighting don't seem to allow it, IMHO.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:22 AM
It's even worse that the advertisement clothes for The Sims 3 Store are at the very top and load before all of the rest of the clothes.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassoon_crazy
It's even worse that the advertisement clothes for The Sims 3 Store are at the very top and load before all of the rest of the clothes.

Oh mine shows up the opposite way....

EX/SP clothing are at the top...and store/CC clothing are at the bottom...
Instructor
#7 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:54 AM
There are some EA clothes that I use quite often, but some that I don't even see anymore because I'm so used to just scrolling past them. I usually do have to wait a minute or two for everything to load, then scroll aaaaallll the way to the bottom and work my way up the list backwards. But I don't really have all THAT much CC, so I would say that the ratio of clothes I actually use is at least 50/50 (EA/CC), probably more on the EA side.

Although I would LOVE a mod that allowed me to hide the stuff that I know I will never use (like those swim fins that show up for every category, really?!).

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Forum Resident
#8 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 2:38 AM
I wish I could get rid of those damn scuba flippers.
Scholar
#9 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 2:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Doofus
I wish I could get rid of those damn scuba flippers.

i thought those were store CC...can't you just uninstall them...
Forum Resident
#10 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 2:49 AM
I think there is an option is Twallan's Master Controller to set your CC clothing on top. My CC always display first. And there is another option to shift+click to hide your unwanted clothing item.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 3:25 AM
They are "bad" for one reason: Fashion Designers gets bored. It's like EA says have a field day and they come back with whatever. Same with the object designers - they don't know when they have a good thing going. Some of the stuff is friggin amazing, most of it alright, but some of it needs to be beat with a lead pipe.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#12 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 4:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieusa
i thought those were store CC...can't you just uninstall them...

I suppose I could try to figure out which store package has them and then uninstall it, but I have so much it's a pain in the ass.

The damn scuba flippers show up on the townies everywhere.

In a similar vein, I have a problem with HP's nude bottom underwear. I have that included so I can get my tattoos right, but as a side effect, half the new townies walk around naked from the waist down. With scuba flippers.

I'm able to live with that, though, because I know why I have it included. The flippers though... The store content mostly just clogs up my build and CAS menus with useless crap that slow down the game.

Still, I'd like to get the cowplant. The TS2 cowplant was sweet.
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 5:09 AM
I don't download CC for TS3, my sims wear EA's default clothing all the time.
I think all outfits in TS3 are far better than TS2. Remember in TS2, belly/chest-showing, (too) mini skirt, sandals, baggy shirts, weird jeans shape ?
I'm glad in TS3 EA didn't include any those horrible TS2 clothing sense. At least EA has good job improving the outfits looking. The outfits look normal like real life people wear everyday.
Some of the outfits have good models like CC creators' made.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 5:54 AM
I do agree TS3 clothing is less ugly to look at, but some of them are still a bit weird and don't seem to fit anybody. I just wish EA would have made more fitting shirts for the ladies, now the majority of the shirts, the bottom hem, is curved and goes away from the body. Worst explanation ever but I'm not sure how else to describe it.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Doofus
The damn scuba flippers show up on the townies everywhere.
In a similar vein, I have a problem with HP's nude bottom underwear.

Some items are valid for random and you can disable that in s3pe, with the flipper, the simpler way is to download this fix from Anach (ShoesBeachFlippers - Flippers only in swimwear and no longer valid for random):
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,19875.0.html
With HP's package, you can open it with s3pe, choose CASP, press the Grid button on bottom panel, in Clothing Category, select False, Commit and Save. I often check that entry when I download decades or unique style that only fits some specific sims.
Inventor
#16 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 12:52 PM
I HATE the muscle shirts that came with generations. Why would anyone wear a shirt with fake muscles sewn into it? Or the animal outfits. Why so many animal outfits? It makes me wonder if the EA people were born in a lab and never have seen humans in the wild wearing real clothing.

But at least in ts2 and ts3, you could change their clothes. In TS1, a randomly generated sim had to keep whatever head they were given forever. The worst thing I remember is that Maxis came out with some spooky halloween things - like an inside out man. And when you went out on the town, youd see these freaks with inside out heads or gorilla masks or these weird mecha helmets. The WORST thing though was when you had a baby in the game and it got one of the freaky heads. There was no way to change it (maybe there was a mod, but I didn't do too many mods back then)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:50 PM
The muscle shirt is flotation device, that's why:
A. It's for children, because on a child would wear it)
B. It's also set to swim wear.

That's one of those "dumb" things that's passable, because it makes complete sense. Most, if not all, of the clothing in Generations children would wear in real life. Adults, sometimes, try to constrain children to adult clothing and their style (which makes children look odd sometimes, so a trillion animals motifs, some odd shapes and muscle floaties is passable, because children like it. Simple as that.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#18 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 2:44 PM
I think Twallan's Dresser mod will address many of these issues... ability to blacklist items, change the sort order (custom content first or EA content first)...
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 2:48 PM
I don't mind the outfits so much and I have no CC clothing whatsoever. However I don't like some of the tops, they look like they were created to be worn with baggy bottoms and look very strange on thin sims or when paired with tight fitting bottoms.

View my other downloads on MTS

www.mintrubbing.org
Field Researcher
#20 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 2:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxnoxnox
Some items are valid for random and you can disable that in s3pe, with the flipper, the simpler way is to download this fix from Anach (ShoesBeachFlippers - Flippers only in swimwear and no longer valid for random):
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,19875.0.html
With HP's package, you can open it with s3pe, choose CASP, press the Grid button on bottom panel, in Clothing Category, select False, Commit and Save. I often check that entry when I download decades or unique style that only fits some specific sims.

Most of the store items are valid for random or in categories they never should have been put in. Like those damn flippers. Why anyone thought they should be an every day outfit and valid for random is beyond me. Or the jester hat. Okay, if you want to have a jester fine, but random Sims wearing it is a bit much. I have at least 10 Sims in my neighborhood with that stupid hair because I forgot about it and didn't fix the CASP to stop it. Since most of them are homeless it makes finding and fixing them even more fun.
Scholar
#21 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 4:13 PM
I don't care for the clothes either. I find the women's clothes way too conservative. There are no low-cut T-shirts or V-necks that bare a little cleavage, and none of the casual tops are particularly form-fitting. I'm not talking about clothes to make my female sims look like hookers (TS3 does already have clothes for that), but just the kind of casual wear I see all the time on students around my college campus. Hardly any girls around here wear casual tops as conservative as the choices in TS3. I like the female outfits available to the Protagonist in Saints Row: The Third much better, and that's not even a game focused on creating characters.

There's not really any men's clothes I would personally wear either. The T-shirts are all rather tight and short. Maybe that's popular today, but most men I know that wear a casual T-shirt prefer them kind of baggy, untucked, and longer - long enough that it would cover a belt, if worn. I know skinny jeans are the thing, but I prefer baggy jeans, and there is only one and it has a hole in it.

Some of the outfits I just don't like, because they look like they were lazily made. Like layered dresses where the layers are just painted on in the texture, when it really should have been extruded on the mesh itself. Same thing with belts, bows, necklaces, straps, and other similar details. That's another thing I like better about the clothes in SR3, they weren't as lazy - small details are part of the mesh and not painted on.

Meh.
Theorist
#22 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 5:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie
Or the animal outfits. Why so many animal outfits? It makes me wonder if the EA people were born in a lab and never have seen humans in the wild wearing real clothing.

You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
Deception, Oil & Laserbeams: motherfucking Tumblr
Scholar
#23 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 8:05 PM
Generally I don't like Sims clothing... TS2 or TS3 but the TS3 ones are a bit bearable. In TS2, I'd download 3rd party CC clothing for everyone and I'd have tons of it. With TS3, I've downloaded some 3rd party CC clothing but not even a quarter as much as I used to with TS2. The thing that drives me nuts is, in all their clothing collections - EP/SP or Store, there's always 2 - 3 items I like and the rest is rubbish. I wish someone would over there would get a stylist to critique their clothing lines.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 8:14 PM
I like the sims 3 clothing a little bit better then the sims 2. Mostly because the sims 2 shirts are like belly shirts. (I hate belly shirts!)
Scholar
#25 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 10:17 PM
The male tshirts drive me nuts. When have you ever in your life seen a normal male tshirt that's short enough to show skin between the pants and the shirt? Who looked at that and went "Yeah, this anatomy seems accurate"?

And it's really all of the male basegame shirts. The wifebeater, the tshirt, the tanktop....whoever was working on TS3 basegame was clearly a chick (or blind), because she had no concept of men's clothing.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Page 1 of 2

Section jump