Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 18 (Who?), Viewed: 2083 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 10:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problems zoning apartments
Ok, i've been trying to fix this now for hours and i've exhausted every avenue!

I recently discovered plasticbox's Backdoor Lane series, these were made pre apartment life so none are zoned. I've been trying to zone this house...
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=236312
I've made some changes and modifications so i've included the link so you can see what i've changed.

I have tried:
-Removing the stairs to the basement
-Removing the split leveling on the stairs
-checking the apartment doors
-making sure each apartment has basic kitchen/bathroom furniture
-removing gates from gardens (i know you can't have them so i haven't put them back)

I then realised it might be the steps down to the garden...
I tried a method that i have successfully used before which involved adding an extra block of foundation, putting an invisible fence around it, deleting the foundation and putting the stairs within the fence. However, i keep getting told i can't intersect the wall.

I thought it was this but when i deleted the doors and the steps and tried then but it still came up invalid so now i'm really confused!

I've included some pictures so you can see the changes i've made to the original house and the steps i've gone through.

Also, one last thing, i don't know if this makes a difference but its the only thing i can think of! the foundation height is slightly higher than defult...would this cause problems with the steps to the garden?

Hope you can help....i'm completely stumped!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 10:44 PM
Could you post some larger screenshots? Those are really hard to see!
Site Helper
#3 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 11:41 PM
Try removing all of your modular stairs inside of the apartments and replacing them with the one-piece stairs:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=324826
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 1:38 PM
Thank you i'll try that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 1:57 PM
Nope, that didn't work
Site Helper
#6 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:05 PM
Try removing any half-walls or fences inside of the apartments.

If that doesn't help, then we're going to need bigger pictures to see what you're doing wrong.
Queue Concierge
staff: administrator
#7 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 4:31 PM
Changing the front door to apartment doors and removing the back door successfully rezones this to apartments, so nothing inside is preventing the change.

So to keep the backyard as included you need to follow either Tutorials:Building_an_Apartmentwiki or http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=437141. Both use the invisible fence you mentioned. Since the foundation is not standard height you will need to use cfe to add the additional foundation at the same height.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:58 PM
ok thanks i'll try all this
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 3:40 PM
sorry, i've only just had time to try this....neither of these worked for me....
How do i create larger images and what images would you like?
Site Helper
#10 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 6:25 PM
Use an external program to take snapshots. I usually just use the PrintScreen button on Windows XP, then paste the image into Paint, but that may not work with some systems.

This FAQ has some helpful advice. Specifically, the section labelled "Screenshot Tips: Camera controls, Windowed mode, C key vs. Print Screen, Screenshot programs, Editing/Optimizing":
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ses#Screenshots

An alternative is to package the lot and attach it to your post. That will allow us to examine the lot more carefully.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 10:36 PM
Sorry, still having a little trouble with screenshots and lack of time at the moment, i'll try the screenshots or packaging in the next few days
Site Helper
#12 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 11:15 PM
Packaging is probably the more useful, since we can then see everything as close as we want. Of course, it doesn't hurt to do both.

What we really need is a large image which clearly shows the area that has the problem. Of course, you'd have to know where the problem was to give us that image. Therefore, just give us large detailed pictures of the lot and we'll look them over.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 11:53 PM
Ok, Will sort that out
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:01 AM
Just a test to see if the screenshot is working, if it is, i'll do the rest
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:11 AM
Here are the other screenshots, if you need any more, let me know
Screenshots
Site Helper
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 2:35 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 22nd Apr 2012 at 4:11 AM.
As HugeLunatic points out above, it is possible to successfully change this lot to an apartment by doing the following:

- Remove all front doors and replace with the apartment door.
- Remove all back doors.

So, we know a set of things which work. If you want to have back doors going to the back porches and then into the individual back yards, you'll have to follow the tutorial that HugeLunatic linked above:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=437141

You'll probably need to use CFE to add the foundations and you'll need to add a fence to fully enclose each of the back yards. If you can't add the stairs after adding the invisible fence, try making the temporary foundation (and area surrounded by the invisible fence) 2 tiles deep, rather than one, so that the fence doesn't conflict with the placement of the stairs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 11:54 PM
That sounds like a plan....don't know why i didn't think of that!
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 12:03 AM
YES! This worked! all zoned and ready to go
Thankyou so much for all your help really appreciate it :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 10:10 PM
Oh typical :/ now that one is sorted....i've moved on to another lot from the same series and run into problems. I think i know what it is so just the question, how much split leveling is too much split leveling in an apartment?

Section jump