Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th May 2012 at 8:55 AM
Well went for my first and second work experience....
I did a great job and my employees and supervisors were proud of me for doing a good job.
I didn't get paid yet but I will get a full amount for working hard.. XD

Best of all, if I work hard and complete my work experience. I hope my employer will employ me to work at the Good Guys and will have good income...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 4th May 2012 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bananas8338
Funny you should mention that, I'm the office's Saturday girl too! I start at 6AM every Saturday, to set up the store for the day's trading. To get there on time, I have to wake up at 5AM, which is hard after a long week at school... but the office pay rate makes it worth it. xD
You didn't have to count that half a million pounds, did you? I can only imagine how long that would take!

Oh no, we were a team - about 5-6 of us. It took all day though. We must have emptied the tills about 10 times - you had to go round the store with a large bloke in body armour and a locked box. Christmas was extremely busy. Then the security man came in his security van and took it all to the bank.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#28 Old 4th May 2012 at 6:33 PM
I'm a kept woman

I'm a homemaker and I work retail during the holdiays to pay for x-mas...stops the credit cards from melting on a yearly basis.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 21st May 2012 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
I'm rich and my peasants do the working for me, of course.

Unfortunately I have to work for this person.

It's not all bad though you get to meet some nice other simple folk; it's not all fun and games though, we have to practice subsistence farming and 70% of the crop is taken. I have just enough to keep the clothes on me back >.>

Being serious though I have a full time job as a firefighter; I work 2 48 hour shifts each week though sometimes I can run 96-120 hours (Eek) if the going is bad (Like there's a brush fire, or we are in some sort of emergency phase.) Hard managing with the misses when that happens as well >.>

American Rocker Bomb, similar to an Irish car bomb, take a shot glass and fill it with five hour energy, then take a pint glass and fill it with your choice of energy drink. Drop in the shot glass and chug, then wait for SVT to set in.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 21st May 2012 at 12:35 PM
I have a part time job - 20 hours a week but the pay is fairly good and allows me to help my husband pay the bills. I enjoy my job I work for a charity.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 22nd May 2012 at 10:24 AM
I'm a casual worker at my local supermarket, I only do 10-15 hours (but at $23/hr it isn't so bad), while I complete a double degree full time at Uni! Busy life.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 22nd May 2012 at 10:44 AM
I'm a SAHM/homeschooler. That is I look after the house and home school our two children. My husband is the towns locksmith and we have a shop down the main street and I am technically a partner in the business so I guess that also makes me a...locksmith's shopkeeper's partner? Dh just said that he's an entrepreneur thank you very much.
Alchemist
#33 Old 22nd May 2012 at 1:35 PM
Does work after school counts as part-time job? If yes, I work after school at a gasstation

I come in peace
#34 Old 22nd May 2012 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clay4kelly
I'm a casual worker at my local supermarket, I only do 10-15 hours (but at $23/hr it isn't so bad), while I complete a double degree full time at Uni! Busy life.

Canadian, other country, or American dollars?

American Rocker Bomb, similar to an Irish car bomb, take a shot glass and fill it with five hour energy, then take a pint glass and fill it with your choice of energy drink. Drop in the shot glass and chug, then wait for SVT to set in.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 23rd May 2012 at 2:35 AM Last edited by clay4kelly : 24th May 2012 at 3:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Undercovers_Agent
Canadian, other country, or American dollars?

Australian dollars, which are roughly equal to American/Canadian anyway.
Test Subject
#36 Old 30th May 2012 at 2:59 AM
This is my second year working at an amusement park. I work in a department were we hand out the uniforms to the employees. It's alright for the most part, mostly just busy work. Some of pros are that we don't deal with any guest (yet employees can be just as rude, too), we work inside which is great during the summer, and I like mostly everyone that I work with (except this one guy that no one else really likes). Unfortunately, I only get paid minimum wage ($7.25) and even though there is a bonus, you basically have to work all season to get it which I won't be since be able to since i'm moving to college in the fall.
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:35 AM
I'm a Certified Nursing Assisstant that works Monday thru Friday from 3pm-11pm. It's hard work but very enjoyable. You get to learn alot from talking to your residents especailly ones that are over 100 years old. I have a little lady that is 104 and she is the sweetest lady, and she talks about all kinds of things from way back in the day.
Instructor
#38 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 9:40 AM
I'm working in a mountain restaurant as a waiter this summer. It's not that bad, even though it's pretty far from my house so I have to take a shuttle bus to get there.
The past two years I worked as a waiter in a luxury hotel, and the year before I was in a pastry shop.
I'm 19 and I go to college, so it's crucial for me to earn some money in order to travel a bit and buy designer items.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 9:50 AM
I didn't get employed but I worked experience at the Good Guys for 2 months!
I get paid $25 per day and I worked for 1 day per week
But the girls made me a special last day party for me and I was happy about that...

But anyway I have found a good I can work at. It is not work experience and it is part of school course.
I will work at HOYTS Cinema and I will get $11 per hour.

Wish me luck to get employed because I really need a job to work...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Theorist
#40 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:54 PM
I once worked in a restaurant that paid me $5.5/hour, and work at least 20 hours a week.

I quit when the manager started asking me to come during exam period, and caused me to do badly in most of my modules.
Undead Molten Llama
#41 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Undercovers_Agent
Being serious though I have a full time job as a firefighter; I work 2 48 hour shifts each week though sometimes I can run 96-120 hours (Eek) if the going is bad (Like there's a brush fire, or we are in some sort of emergency phase.) Hard managing with the misses when that happens as well >.>

As a Coloradan, I salute you. Fervently and whole-heartedly. Even if you've never fought a Colorado wildfire. Thankfully, the big fires this year were on the other side of the mountains from me, but in 2002 there was a really big one not far away from me at all, in a town I visit often to go grocery shopping 'cuz they have a Walmart and we don't, and...Yeah, we here in Colorado love firefighters.

Me, I'm a musician, so I'm basically self-employed/a contractor. These days I teach for most of my money, but I do a good number of studio gigs for movie and TV-show and, lately, video game soundtracks. It's fun work, being in the movies without actually being in the movies and all the stress/goldfish-bowl living that goes with that...but studio days can be very long. I'll long remember the movie where we in the orchestra were in the studio recording...for 48 hours straight, with only a few short breaks to eat/drink/pee. Not long enough breaks to actually sleep. That was killer. Especially because after those 48, we got 10 hours off...and then we were back in the studio. For ANOTHER 48 hours. *headdesk* We were all about ready to kill the (rather big-name) director because HE was the *$@&er who was hounding the composer for all this extra stuff which we, then, of course had to record. :p

And the sad part is that you're paid by the day, not by the hour. Which is nice if you're only in the studio for four hours. Not so nice if you're in there for 24. Followed by another 24. I also do concert gigs, but those are a lot rarer than they were when I was younger and didn't have kids.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 2 of 2