Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 4236 times.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:56 AM
Default CAW still in Beta?
Remember when EA released CAW? Everybody who had a PC went "swoon" and almost immediately downloaded it to see what it could do, leaving the Mac users out in the dark. Its been a few years since EA has released CAW. Not only is the software still in Beta, but it is still only for PCs. Sims 3 is (hopefully not) nearing the end of its its cycle as the newest Sims game, with rumors of Sims 4 already available. When is EA planning to make a full version of CAW and make it readily available to Mac Users? Will they ever make one? Or will they just forget about it and move on to Sims 4. Discuss.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Advertisement
Mad Poster
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:36 AM
CAW is offered "As is" and it is not in development. It's not actually in BETA, it's very misleading, that label.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 6:06 AM
So why have they not released it for Mac?

GTA V
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 8:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide651
So why have they not released it for Mac?

I suspect doing so would require additional effort, and they don't want to do that. Someone there probably decided it wasn't worth it, not that I necessarily agree with that.

Nothing against Mac, but since it's a less commonly used platform there's less reason to make stuff work with it.

In the meantime, have you tried using VMs (virtual machines...basically you can run PC software on Macs with this)?

- Ben
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 9:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide651
When is EA planning to make a full version of CAW and make it readily available to Mac Users?

They are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @SimGuruGraham
unfortunately CAW will not be released for macs, sorry. It's an internal development tool that we use to create the game, and it was made available "as is" for the community to experiment and create with.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g8kjgo

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 3:10 PM
i mean I have a PC, but I always hear my friend complain about how she cant use it because she has a mac.

GTA V

Section jump