|Search this Thread|
|8th Apr 2012, 3:51 PM||No more homework in the inventory #1|
Problem: Since Showtime, kids and teens don't have homework in their inventory anymore in my current game. The fact it appears after Showtime might not be relevant and might be a pure coincidence.
Version of the game: 1.33
(I was in 1.31 but patched just to see if it would change anything; it didn't).
What I have tested:
- I ran my game a couple of sim-days without any mods: the problem still happens.
- I loaded my game with Twallan's mods, to "reset everything" and I ran my game a couple of sim-days: the problem still happens.
- I loaded my game with Twallan's mods, to "reset everything", saved and closed the game. I have removed Twallan's mods, and ran my game a couple of sim-days: the problem still appears
- I ran a new game, without any mods: no problem. Homeworks appear after school.
- I ran a new game WITH my mods: no problem neither, homeworks appear after school.
- I've deleted the caches each time.
So, I came to the conclusion the problem was in my save, as it only happens in my town, and in my current game.
What could I try next to fix the problem? I'm a bit short of ideas...
Is there a way to force homework to appear (even with a mod)?
I've tried to clone the homework to make it buyable, but of course, it doesn't work (things would be too easy!)
|8th Apr 2012, 10:54 PM||#2|
This is a puzzler, Sandy. Did you also try Twallan's error trap?
|8th Apr 2012, 11:12 PM||#3|
No, I haven't thought about the Error Trap. I don't have any script error when I play; will the error trap create one?
The only thing I thought trying today was the Home School, with Twallan's Career. When kids are home-schooled, they can download their homework, and it works fine. But when they're back to school, no more fresh homework to do.
I've posted at Twallan's site to know if there's a way to, at least, make the "download homework" available for all the kids, and not only the home-school ones.
I'm not too worrried about the grades as I can change that with the Master Controller, but I really miss the interaction.
I'm going to download the Error Trap. Thanks for your suggestion! *kiss*
|8th Apr 2012, 11:17 PM||#4|
Error trap will fix problems in your game if you save, so try loading the game with it in, playing for a while and then saving. Twallan will hopefully have some answers, too!
|9th Apr 2012, 12:20 AM||#5|
Gooooooood Gracious, I love you even more than I used to (and it means quite a lot!!) The Error Trap did the trick!!! My kids have now their homework back! Twallan is a genius, and so you are! *smooooch*
(F-X doesn't thank you for this; he'll have now homework to do after school instead of chatting with his old friend, Sim Sample! )
|9th Apr 2012, 12:36 AM||#6|
Aww, poor F-X! *simsample huggles F-X*
I'm glad it worked, Sandy- that error trap is a handy tool to have. Twallan is a saviour!