Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 2202 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 8:58 PM
Default Help! My Sims 2 Doesn't Exist to EA!
Ok, so about 2 years ago, I believe, I purchased The Sims 2 Double Deluxe Edition from the EA Store. I had tons of fun with it for an entire year on my older PC. One day, about 5 months later, my brother decided to delete my Sims 2. So, after alot of yelling, I decided to reinstall it on my new PC. "Oh sure," I thought, "EA will DEFINITELY let me reinstall it." I guess I was wrong. They didn't even record on my EA "account" that I had purchased it. So now, I am very frustrated. I don't want to buy a game I already bought. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 9:44 PM
There's not really much you can do if it's not on your account and EA customer support can't help you. Did you check by logging in through origin?

Perhaps you could pick up a second hand disc cheaply.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 11:35 PM
You can also get it new from Amazon for about $20
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 11:48 PM
That's why I won't buy downloads. I want to have the disc.

"Death cannot stop true love; it can only delay it for awhile." Westley to Buttercup "The Princess Bride"
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 11:57 PM
I'm not familiar with going through the EA Downloads, so please bear with me ... did you or you parents get ANY receipt of this download from EA? I know that whenever I download something through normal channels (iTunes or Amazon, for instance), I get some sort of e-mail confirmation. Also, if they used a charge card, check or PayPal, they might still be able to get a record of the transaction. It's a start. If you could somehow find an order number, you can go to EA and state, "Hey. This is the item/customer number. The object was purchased on (date) with (credit card name ... I wouldn't enter the number at this point/check.no., etc.) What's the deal?"

It's very possible, though, that EA will treat this the same way they would if you bought a physical copy and decided to Zumba on it ... they may claim "tough luck". But I do remember reading that you could (at least one time) buy a replacement at a lower cost.

If neither approach works, your best bet would be to chalk it up to experience and get a new or gently-used physical copy from a reputable Amazon, Half.com, etc., seller. In the case of a used copy, make sure it has a usable activation code.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 11:56 PM
Try checking Origins.com - I was reinstalling all of my Sims games last weekend and there were two that I bought as downloads last year through EA's website. When I logged back into my account on EA.com I couldn't find a purchase history or any place to download and reinstall my games....I finally figured out that all of that was actually stored in my Origins account, which should have the same user name and log in as your EA.com account. I logged into Origin and there my games were! So maybe you're just looking on the wrong account.

Section jump