|Search this Thread|
|9th Sep 2012, 05:55 PM||#26|
Join Date: Nov 2008
What I'm thinking of doing when I get the Supernatural expansion pack, is I want to get some werewolves for my vampire family; for hunting, gathering items, and generally being out in the day when vampires are asleep.
|23rd Sep 2012, 06:11 AM||#27|
Started working on this. My vamp Cassian broke up the Crosby family, taking Heather as his mate while her ex-husband and infant daughter were put into the dungeon for blood donors. Also have Lorraine Cantina, Luke and Ginny McDermott within the dungeon. With my vampire mod I'm working with, I would need two donors per vampire, unless they have the Barely Hungry LTR and then it goes down to one. The McDermotts are expecting a baby to add to the donors.
Slowly building a castle. My main concern was a dungeon to keep the food in. ;p Currently waiting for Heather to no longer be a 'fledgling' so that she can take care of her vampire babies.
|29th Nov 2012, 07:13 PM||#28|
Join Date: Jul 2012
I love this challenge! Going to start one soon. (:
|30th Nov 2012, 06:35 PM||#29|
interesting, though as much as i like it i prolly won't be able to try it since when i put the mods for having more than 8 my game lags more than it already does as well as freezes and crashes,
|5th Dec 2012, 09:52 PM||#30|
Join Date: Oct 2012
I'm totally gonna try this! It's a brilliant way for me to get my mind off the exams! Haha.
|5th Dec 2012, 10:29 PM||#31|
Haha the dreaded exams. I'd love to see your try.
How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
|26th Dec 2012, 02:43 AM||#32|
Yes! Your vampire coven may rival or ally with particular races, or even indoctrinate them into their kind. I'll update the rules this weekend for Supernatural.
|26th Dec 2012, 03:17 AM||#33|
Glad to hear it, as I`m starting the challenge in a few days. I have LN, but if only my cousin would let me borrow her SN....
How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
|5th Jan 2013, 05:25 AM||#34|
Join Date: Dec 2011
I'm doing this challenge on my tumblr!
|5th Jan 2013, 11:15 PM||#35|
I followed you on my tumblr. Good luck with the challenge.
How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
|8th Jan 2013, 04:44 AM||My Take... #36|
Join Date: Jan 2013
So, I have gone several generations into this challenge, and I have created essentially a more in depth version, that is more restrictive. Tell me what you think/any suggestions for gameplay.
Bear with me through the repeated stuff...
THE COVEN RULES
- The plasma fruit is dead. All adult vampires must feed from humans, or they must raid the hospital's blood bank. If arrested, they are not allowed to leave the home for one week. The adults must get blood for the children to feed on.
- Contact with mortals is to be strictly limited. Mortals are to be used for feeding, service jobs, and if it is so desired, transformed into a Fledgling. Every generation you must turn 2 vampires and kill 3 humans, getting 2 slave or pet
-Children are not allowed to stay in the house of the parent once past child. They must be kicked out with/without a servant, and given a nice house. Around this age the Elders assign the marriage.
- Sexual relations between a mortal and vampire are strictly forbidden. A classic seduction is allowed, but the vampire must not have Woohoo with the human. This risks a dirtying of the species. If a half vampire, half human child is born, both parents must be murdered, and the child is not allowed to advance past the Fledgling rank.
- When fledglings are added, you may beautify or uglify them, and change traits, LR, etc. Even names!
- Vampires are vain creatures who fear old age. A few days before elderhood, a vampire must relinquish their body to thirst to retain their honorable name after death.
- Each pureblood child born is a precious gift, and must be taught all three basic toddler skills.
- On one night of the week, the entire coven must meet in their altar room to discuss coven affairs.
- There must be a portrait or photograph of each coven member, and if you're feeling particularly ambitious, a book written about each. (For the library, of course!)
- If the Elders are disliked by two thirds of the coven and wholly unskilled, a revolution may take place. All vampires closely affiliated with the Elders must be kicked out or killed. The most popular or most skilled in charmisa, logic, or athletics will take their place, and select an heir. This new rule may be as brutal, lax, or democratic as the player sees fit.
- Self employment is encouraged.
- All pets are allowed.
-To fill the town with only vampires (at least one per household)
-To assign such vamps in such jobs as their status requires
-To have an only “purebred” line, as specified by the current elder
-To allow children from alternate houses to marry
-To have fully skilled leaders of the Houses
-To have all jobs, careers, skills, and leaders maxed.
-Town is an “authentic” vamp village. Not a city or town, but not tiny.
1. Elders - Oldest living generation, manage property, decide punishments, and choose fledglings. If a vampire wishes to rise in rank, it is always wise to befriend the elders. They decide marriages, LR, new names, and jobs. They learn an instrument, charisma, athletics, alchemy, inventing, sculpture
2. Heir/Heiress - Second in command, directly related to founders. One may be selected each generation. The heir (and their lover, if they have one) become Elders after the previous generation has died. See above skill sets.
3. Elites - Carry out rule, order, and punishment. Must be close to the heirs. There may only be four elite at a time. Specialize in: writing, painting, riding, logic
4. Family - Adults related to the Founders, but not selected as Heirs or Elites. Also vampires that have completed the Fledgling stage. May have a day job or run the cemetery. Specialize in: Gardening, cooking, fishing, cleaning, handiness, mixology
5. Fledglings - Newly transformed, unrelated Sims. Fledglings are not allowed to interact with children. May have a day job. Fledgling status lasts for two weeks. Specialize in: Gardening, cooking, fishing, cleaning, handiness, mixology
6. Pets – Fairies, Werewolves, Witches, human children. They get given to a leader in a house, and help with their work, learning what would help their master. They are kidnapped- not dumb enough to be caught as a regular slave. Usually become “friends” with an Elder, so the elder orders their capture.
7. Slaves – Kept in the dungeon, bare necessities. Takes 50,000 for a YA female, 40 for A, 20 for E. 30 for YA male, 25 for A, 20 for E.
Rulers: Decide everything about the coven (Dark/reddish hair, red eyes, medium-light skin) There are only 2 at a time.
Order and Punishment: rules over the military(1), police(2), firemen(3), and ghost hunters(4) (blond or light brown hair, blue or brown eyes, light skin), (Handiness, athletic, logic, ~inventing, painting)
Historians: Learn art(1), writing(2), and music(3) to keep the history alive. Museum(1), graveyard(3), library(2), theatre(3), architect(1) (Dark hair, strange colored eyes, darkish skin) (guitar, logic, instruments, writing, painting, sculpting)
Researchers: Are the science educated. Learn new things to add to coven knowledge. Alchemy(1), Science(2), Medical(3), Inventions (4) (pale, white/blond hair, very light green/blue eyes) (logic, alchemy, Inventing, gardening, fishing, handiness)
Liaison: Go between for humans to vamps. Political(1), criminal(2), business(3) (Look like humans, as much as possible) (Athletic, Logic, Charisma)
Working Class: Food(1), Service (2), Entertainment (3). Acting, cooking, fishing, gardening, cleaning, daycare, journalism, dayspa, junkyard, salon, (Brown hair, brown eyes, slightly tan skin. Looks plain) (Charisma, writing, cooking, fishing, gardening, “neat” trait, writing, “nurturing” trait, alchemy/logic, athletic)
Slave drivers: Capture the humans for slaves(1) and capture the Pets(2). Breeds them. Also breeds hellhounds and Shadowmares for sale(3). (Black/white hair, black/red eyes, dark skin), (animal lover, evil)
Sorry for the long post! Not sure where I got the time for it from...
|5th May 2013, 06:11 PM||#37|
I'm considering doing this challenge as a proper story once I finish my 100 Baby Challenge, but I've decided to give it a go beforehand just to get a feel for how to go about it.
These are the two who will be starting off the challenge, Eldon and Aurelia Varigon. I haven't actually gotten to do anything further than create them, but I should be able to get started today.
|5th May 2013, 08:13 PM||#38|
@Amattacatt: Thank you for updating the rules, but there's a couple of things I disagree with. The coven should be able to be placed in any town. A vampire elite could rule over Bridgeport's underbelly-they could even function as its mafia. A Stepford coven could work in Sunset Valley, or some deranged vampires could tackle Twinbrook. Also, appearances shouldn't matter. There are no specified hair/eye colors for any rank.
And the goal shouldn't be to fill the town with vampires, but to contain the town's vampire population within the coven. Unless you want to play with rival covens, which could lead to some fun.
Since this challenge hasn't been updated since Pets, here are some new rules for Supernatural, Seasons, and University. Big fat update incoming!
- The relationship between your coven and other supernatural states is up to the player. Allies, enemies, servants-the choice is yours!
- Should you choose to befriend a species, your vampire elders and three members of the other species should meet once every two weeks to decide the future of their alliance. If any negative interactions ensue, the alliance is finished. Vampires are very proud creatures and will not tolerate being mocked by a lower species. The whole coven must become enemies with all members of that species they come into contact with.
- However, Romeo and Juliet romances are allowed.
- When enemies with a race, they must be fought whenever one of your coven members runs into them. If your coven member loses the fight, they are shunned by all but the fledglings and are not allowed contact with the higher ranks for one Sim week. They also may not leave the house in order to train for their next battle.
- Any member who wins ten fights against a member of another race may be promoted to Guardian, and must get into one fight once a week to ensure vampire dominance.
- Vampires love Masquerade parties! Every Spooky Day, vampires must throw a Costume Party, and may invite their other race allies over for some Fall fun.
- Trick or Treaters are prime for future feeders. Two trick or treaters may be added to the household every spooky day, and raised to be vampire food. No more than two trick or treaters, though, otherwise you risk involvement of the mortal police.
- During the summer, vampires cannot leave the house until eight PM, due to the longer days.
- The festival grounds make a great hunting place!
- Heirs, elites, and elders may attend University. All majors are available.
- Dorms are not allowed, however. Your coven member must rent a private home, and also must attend with another coven member to ensure that they do not fall to the influence of "radical college students."
OTHER NEW RULES
- Guardians are a new ranking and serve under the heirs. To achieve guardianship, they must win ten consecutive fights against an enemy race. If they have a fledgling/family member with a relationship of at least good friend, they may select them as an apprentice. This lifts fledgling restrictions and allows family members an opportunity to become elites.
Advancing in rank:
- Fledglings may advance by apprenticing to Guardians, but may not rise further unless a Revolution occurs.
-In the case of Revolution, the member with the highest charisma takes over as Elder. The heir and second in command has the second highest charisma. The new elites must have high logic and close relationships with the new elder. Who all is ousted depends on the style of revolution. Will it be like the Russians, with the deaths of the elite, heir, and elders? The American Revolution with the elders simply kicked out?
A note on revolutions: all Sims with good friend and up relationship with previous elders must be ousted/killed, as well, to eliminate their toxic influence on the youth.
- Family and Guardians may advance to Elite if they have a logic skill of 8+ and are at least friends with both the elders and the heir.
That should be all for the new rules! I'll update the main post ASAP and answer any questions you guys have.
|5th May 2013, 08:18 PM||#39|
Those are lovely Sims! I can't wait to see what you do with them.
|6th May 2013, 12:24 AM||#40|
Join Date: Nov 2008
I love the rules you made up!
|8th May 2013, 01:29 AM||#41|
Haha, I messed up my own Sims names. Their last name is Vorigan, nor Varigon. Anyway, here is a bit of what's happened as I've played with them.
Eldon was trying to find Sims to feed off of, but no matter where he went he could only find pregnant women. He did manage to find one male Sim, but as soon as Eldon began talking to him the other Sim had to leave for work. I spotted another Sim in the tavern, but of course she was pregnant too!
Eldon went home to brood. Meanwhile, Aurelia has been working on her painting. I've decided that Eldon, who is very proud and narcissistic and in charge of everything, is the kind that will refuse to start building a following until he is well established. He can't stand to have others see him living in less than impressive conditions. Though both he and Aurelia have multiple wishes for children, it will be just the two of them until I get their awesome house built.
Aurelia finished the required portrait of Eldon. I think it really captures who he is :D
This is the house after its first big upgrade. Before it was basically just the bedroom and bathroom.
And this is it further on. All of it is being built legitimately through Aurelia's painting, Eldon's job at the cemetery, and two purchases of the Inheritance LR. I've actually built it up a lot further, but I haven't taken a picture of it yet. Normally I hate building houses, but I'm thoroughly enjoying myself with this lot. I'll probably end up saving it, and if I do end up doing this challenge for a story I'll have those Sims (although I'll mostly likely just use Eldon and Aurelia again) save up to buy it instead of building a different house.
And here is Eldon finishing Aurelia's portrait.
I figure I should ask this now. There's that whole rule about having the vampires die of thirst before they become elders, but my game is telling me that Eldon and Aurelia are never going to age up. They're apparently going to be in the YA stage forever, so what should I do about that? Should I age them up manually when I think the time is right, or should I just leave them as they are?
|8th May 2013, 06:16 AM||#42|
i'll try this challenge :D
"Playing Sims Everyday!!" "PLAY WITH LIFE"
|8th May 2013, 03:53 PM||#43|
I got around to taking pictures of the house, which is turning out very well. I'm finally getting close to actually progressing with this challenge :D
This is the main entrance when you walk through the front door. It was a bit frustrating that there wasn't a third statue to match the two on the right, but what I have works well enough.
This is the room past the main entrance with the statues. It's the area that connects everything together. I did add some fountains and another box tree in the center later on. You can see it in the overall picture further down.
If you go left from the connecting room, you enter the dining area. I hadn't finished it at this point, but it now has more tables and some loveseats added.
A right from the connecting room takes you to the two-story library. The walls in the center are where the portraits of the coven members will be, and you can see Eldon and Aurelia's already there. The spiral staircase is just off to the right of this picture.
A different shot of the library from the opposite corner of where the previous one was taken. Here you can see the staircase and couches for the family to use while reading. It was very frustrating that the upper layers kept cutting through straight to the sky every time I tried to take a shot. There is a whole other floor and a ceiling there, so I couldn't figure out why the game was taking them away.
The second floor of the library.
Eldon and Aurelia's bedroom. It's still a bit plain for my liking, but I'll get to the detailed decorating once the house is done and I've got some more Sims to fill up the rooms. The door on the left is to the bathroom, and the door on the right leads to the nursery I've yet to build.
Eldon and Aurelia's bathroom. They broke the shower Woohooing XD
And here is the overall shot on the first floor as it currently is in my game. You can see the changes I made in the connecting room as well as the dining room. I also had enough money to fill the back area. Since I figure my vampires aren't too keen on human technology, they wouldn't really fill their house will all sorts of electronics. The most they have is a computer. For entertainment they have a piano, bass, and guitar for family performances, a chess table, two painting easels, a nice dance floor with a phonograph to provide music, and a decent bar. The elevator in the very center of the room is going to lead to the dungeon/basement where the Sims for feeding will be kept. The room to the left of the elevator is a bathroom, and the room to the right will be the room for doing laundry.
The overall shot of the second floor. Basically I just added lights and a main bathroom you can see in the center of the picture. For rooms you have Eldon and Aurelia's bedroom/bathroom, the nursery in the center, the room to the right of that which will be for the older heir, and the room on the very will be for the younger heir. I'll eventually build the house further back to add bedrooms for the other coven members to come.
Eldon and Aurelia try out their new dance floor, but Aurelia kept stepping on Eldon's feet. He was not pleased.
|9th May 2013, 02:23 AM||#44|
Wow, I love Eldon and Aurelia's house. They're getting so well established!
Oh dear, I forgot that Supernatural made vampires immortal... You can age them up at your discretion.
|15th May 2013, 04:35 AM||#45|
Eldon was abducted. Thankfully, he didn't become man-pregnant with an alien baby even if it certainly would have made an interesting twist.
Aurelia painted a Sailor Moon picture. I can't wait for the new anime version to come out, can you?
And here is the (mostly) finished nursery. Like most of the rest of the house it needs more decorating, but that's something to be done later when the house itself is complete. But a completed nursery means it's time for Eldon and Aurelia to do some baby making! Finally!
In order to have a less risky way of getting plasma, Eldon goes out and hypnotizes William Starr. Eldon guides him back to the house, and so William becomes the first victim of being trapped in their basement to be used as food.
He begs to be reunited with his pregnant wife, Claire, and their daughter, Allison. Little did he know that his request meant that Eldon would bring the two girls into the basement as well. It wasn't quite what William meant. William, Claire, and Allison are all premade Sims of mine based on characters in a novel I'm writing called Found in Time. The first six chapters are available on my blog. The three don't appear until the second part of the novel which starts in the eighth chapter, but you should check it out anyway! (No this isn't shameless self-advertisement. I don't know what you're talking about )
I don't think being stuck in the basement is going all that well for William. He is starting to lose it just a tad. He spends more time playing with the toys Eldon and Aurelia bought in order to keep Allison quiet instead of actually taking care of Allison.
He and Claire still find some moments to enjoy themselves though.
Aurelia's baby bump appeared! I sent her to the hospital right away to see what the baby would be. I kind of hoped for twins. Aurelia is pregnant with one boy. Eldon was certainly pleased when he found out. He's the type of guy who only accepts a son as his true heir (he's a jerk like that), so everything has been progressing rather swimmingly for him.
Speaking of twins though, Claire gave birth two twin girls- Auralee and Amalee. I chose the name Auralee because she has a small character role in my novel, and I chose Amalee just to do the cute similar twin name thing. Given that William and Claire could barely take care of Allison without my help, I don't think having twins is a very good thing for them at this point.
Allison had her birthday. Unfortunately, living in a situation such as hers did not help her grow up productively. She acquired the insane trait. Hopefully it will help her cope with everything.