Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 4168 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 11:57 PM
Default Nasty shock
I downloaded an excellent Benedict Cumberbatch from this site, and went looking for the other actor, the one who played Dr Watson in the TV series. Well, no-one had made him, so I found a nice photo on the Sherlock website, set it up next to my monitor, and went to work on him. The result was ... all right, I suppose. It's so hard to make a sim portrait of a real person!
While I was working, it occurred to me that these two, Holmes and Watson, should work their way through college. When they were ready, I aged them down to teenagers, and set them in 221b Baker Street to attend school for five days. As soon as they received an A+ report, they moved to college, each receiving the Orphan Support grant. They worked their way through college, and graduated with honours. That was the moment of horror, because as each one turned from Young Adult into Adult, he lost his face. There was just a big blue patch where the face should be. I thought I'd lost them. Rather than play them faceless, I'd give them Death by Flies.
They moved back to 221b Baker Street, and each went to the mirror to Change Appearance. They didn't like the result, but they now have faces. Are they the same faces they had before I aged them down to teen? I can't remember, but it doesn't matter. I'm so relieved not to have to murder them!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 3:11 AM
I have actually had that happen before, though for some reason it has been MONTHS since it last happened.

My Riverblossom Hills blog! Alexandra's Riverblossom Hills
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 9:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandraSpears
I have actually had that happen before, though for some reason it has been MONTHS since it last happened.

It was my own fault. I confused the game by messing with their ages. The adult-only hair that came with Sherlock had to wait till he was an adult again. Bad girl - slap wrist! Play nicely.
Inventor
#4 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 6:36 PM
I had a similar experience with a girl sim (I'd had to make her as an adult in CAS, then age her down), and the "change appearance" on the mirror worked fine. The chances are that they DO have their original faces back - I know mine certainly did

Enjoy playing your Holmes and Watson.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.

My MTS Yearbook 2013 page
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 1:52 PM
Well, I was enjoying them, until ACR messed up my plot. I intended Holmes to remain a bachelor. Watson was just psyching himself up to propose engagement to the girl of his dreams when she jumped into the hot-tub with Holmes. Watson and I watched in horror as she destroyed his hopes and my plans.

I bowed to the inevitable. Holmes married his assailant; Watson left 221b Baker Street. He turned up on community lots when I was playing other sims, and behaved most erratically, running upstairs and down, back and forth, not speaking to anyone. This looks like shell-shock.

Section jump