Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 11:05 PM
Do YOU think that you should have to pay for some cc?
whats your opinion on this? do you think that on some sites we should pay for cc? or do you think it should be all free?

~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 12:19 AM
I like free stuff, especially if it is awesome.

Since anyway, they're not supposed to be selling CC.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 12:27 AM
Definitely free. Like anyone has the money to pay for CC. Like half of us players have credit cards (or parents that will lend theirs simply at the asking). Like after buying these expensive games and EPs, we have money left for essentials like food let alone CC.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 12:47 AM
It should always be free. The EULA for the Sims 2 states that "you may include materials created with the Tools & Materials on your personal noncommercial website for the noncommercial benefit of the fan community for EA's products."

In short, selling custom content is illegal.

|| Tumblr ||
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 12:49 AM
Long story short: Selling user-made content for financial gain, that happened to be created by using tools that the official developer of the original product created, is in fact illegal.

Free. Period.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 1:57 AM
I thought these sorts of threads were banned here. OT: I can't see any justification for any site charging for CC.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 2:10 AM
Free, and read the explanation here:

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/in...pic,1104.0.html

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Instructor
#8 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 2:36 AM
I flat out refuse to pay for virtual clothes and furniture. Also, this thread could get touchy and tense, so perhaps not a great topic.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#9 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 3:54 AM
supaizzy: Several of the other posters have already addressed this, but selling custom content is a violation of EA's end-user license agreement (the exception of course is EA selling custom content itself, which is perfectly acceptable because it owns the game). As you've probably noticed by now, MTS as a site is strictly pro free custom content. We wore this topic into the ground a few years ago when the controversy first arose, but it turns out that selling custom content is pretty definitively a violation of the license agreement that EA has established. There isn't a whole lot of wiggle room there, so we try to keep these discussions to a minimum.

And with that being said, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Locked thread | Locked by: jhd1189 Reason: See inside