Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 7:16 PM
How to default werewolf hair?
I want to replace the default werewolf hair with Xarteras' wolf head. I'm stumped, and after searching for about an hour I've found plenty of tutorials on how to default replace skin textures, but none on hair. I do have replacement werewolf hair installed, can I use that as a stepping stone, or not, because the meshes are different and not just the textures? I hope I'm not being irredeemably stupid, modding really isn't my thing but I'm tired of mooching. Sort of desperate to do something myself an it turned out the sparkly vampire default's been done
Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 8:30 AM
Congrats on making the decision to make the step up from downloader to creator!

This isn't the easiest project, but it should be do-able. Basically, what you will need to do is extract the original hair texture and mesh from the game (check the Pets files Sims07 and Sims03 for the TXTR and GMDC respectively). Then extract out the things you'd like to replace them with and pretty much just stick them on top of the extracted original files. Commit and save that as your Default package, and give it a go. It's probably not going to go perfectly on your first try, so give it another shot, then let us know what's happening and we can help again.