Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 1:48 AM
Default Sims 2 editing a sim via Create a Sim menu?
I feel I have searched everywhere for this, and haven't found it. Is it possible to return to the Create A Sim screen in the sims 2 after you've created a family, within the game?

Something similar to the Sims 3, when you shift + Left Click on a sim and edit them. After you type in the cheat code of course. I hope this is the right section for this. I didn't think this was a 'technical' issue. So I figured I'd post it here.

I am hopeful for a reply.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 2:11 AM
There are various tools you can download to use in game to edit a sim but no you can't put them back in CAS once you have accepted the family.

Depending on what your trying to edit about them would depend on what tool you would need or use, the SimBlender found at Simbology will pretty much do it all. You can't alter their genetics or at least I'm not aware of anything that would allow you, basically that means you can't change their eye color or skin tone and any plastic surgery you do to them will not be passed on the their offspring.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 2:30 AM
You can change the skintone with SimPE.

But the simplest solution is not to let accept anybody in CAS until you're satisfied with them.

If you want to play premades, but want to tweak them with your custom skintones, eye colors, etc., you can clone them with various editing tools, save the clone in your Saved Sims file, and then go to town on them in Bodyshop till they look the way you want; then populate a new neighborhood with them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 2:54 AM
This may sound very naive of me, well I was just trying what you suggested. I had looked into my savedsims folder, and there weren't any there.

Though I know I have created many sims already, the folder is empty. I still see my created sims in game however.

Thank you for your replies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 3:31 AM
Sims you make in CAS don't appear in your saved sim folder, only those you make in Body Shop. You can find your CAS sims in SimPE and change things such as skin tone in there.

What exactly did you want to alter about them? I've made sims in CAS and then gone woops I forgot XYZ. Whatever you do don't delete them from the simbin. Either fix them with simpe, make them into a townie or kill them off.
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 4:32 AM
I never think of SimPE since I'm a Mac user and don't have access to it. I know there's a sim modder that you can from the tombstone of L&D if I remember correctly but I'm pretty sure anything you can do with it you can alter with the Simblender and it's a bit more user friendly.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What exactly did you want to alter about them? I've made sims in CAS and then gone woops I forgot XYZ. Whatever you do don't delete them from the simbin. Either fix them with simpe, make them into a townie or kill them off.

Either that, or if you have Uni and they're kids or teens, and you don't want to kill them, grow up the kids (if need be), send 'em to Uni, banish them in a dorm, and never play them again. I've done that in the past.

If it's the adults, grow 'em to elder and kill 'em off. or have them "retire" to a small home and ... yup ... never play them again.

You can use Insimenator, the Blender or Sim PE (depending on what you want to do and your preference) to edit skintones, fix "off" details, change facial features or hair or eye color. One note re skintones, though ... be VERY careful when downloading townified skintones. I love a few of them, but that's it ... I better love using them, because the game often "gravitates" toward those. Make sure you really like the skintone first!

Of course, if you forgot to create your Sims in Body Shop (like I almost always do), try to make a close a clone as possible in CAS and pretend it's a long-lost twin returning to wreak havoc.

In short, most "oops" moments are fixable. Just don't delete from the Sim Bin, as others advised.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 10:15 AM
One thing I'm doing right now is extracting game sims, giving them a makeover in Bodyshop and using Theo's alternate sim surgery on them. Mostly it's because I have a bunch of sims and sim templates with incorrect or plain missing genetics after a cleanout, but I've also extracted a few premades to makeover. Rainelle looks much better with new hair and clothes!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 7:18 PM
Okay, I'll try that.

The main thing I was trying to edit was their skin tone, one of them looked really messy so I must've installed it wrong. But I had downloaded some new eyes/hair that I wanted to try on them as well. I have downloaded SimPE, I will use it to the best of my ability.

Thank you.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 9:54 PM
Unless you are a wizz at figuring things out you will probably need a bit of a tutorial on that. SimPE can be rather confusing if you haven't used it before- even when you have used it before.

I have a tutorial saved on changing skin tone back to maxis which I have used successfully. To change to a custom skin tone isn't very different except you will need to find its value first. I have what to do saved into Word, but haven't used it myself. I'm assuming it's correct. But basically open your custom skin file in simpe. Just click on it and SimPE will open. Now this next bit I have copy pasted into Word in case I ever need to do it.
Quote:
Search for the Skin tone XML-file. Click on family and copy the value you see.

I would copy paste that value into Word before opening your sim in simpe. Also make a backup of your hood before opening your sim. Don't use simPe's backup button, but rather copy paste the hood to your desktop. If anything goes wrong you can revert to the back up.
Top left of your SimPE screen you go to, Tools - Neighbourhood - Neighbourhood Browser. Open the hood your sim is in. Sometimes SimPE can be rather slow and needs time to load each part. Don't try and hurry it or reclick things or it will just stop working. It can be rather temperamental.
There are a few ways to find your sim, I prefer to click on sim browser and double click on the sim I need. You just need to hover over the areas and select from drop down menus. Once open in plug in view (you find that down below) go to the far right and click on the blue box labelled 'more'. In there you will see 'open simDNA' It's in there you can change the skin.
Delete the skin tone and skin tone range numbers that your sim currently has and replace it with the saved value of the skin you want. Click on commit then go up to the left and under file is save. You might not need commit, but I always do it anyway.
Exit simpe, load up your game and your sim should be wearing their new skin.