Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 2:47 AM
Default For all the weather maniacs
Not my finds - Jenie31 and Echo of the Night (of N99) discovered these two. I am sure they will make at least some of you ecstatic, though.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=5598318

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=5476816

Both are categorized for "rain", though methinks the second one should better be categorized for "rain/pneumonia".

Another 1.32 type leak (or "leak")?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 3:42 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Are you serious?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

Although... 'Rain'? Why not 'Outerwear'? If seasons and snow don't return I will cry.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Retired
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 3:44 AM
Importantly: I would not want to wear either of those in the rain.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 4:08 AM Last edited by jeffrompas : 17th Apr 2012 at 4:45 AM.
Oh SNAP! More leaks. Better call the plumber.

Edit : Although I'd suspect now Magic and Seasons will be bundled together. Or the 1.32 leak made them push Magic back. But that would be unlikely...
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
Although I'd suspect now Magic and Seasons will be bundled together. Or the 1.32 leak made them push Magic back. But that would be unlikely...

Or this leak is just saying "Relax, we're coming out with weather." Much like they did with leaking Generations' and Pets' trailers together.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 5:24 AM
If this really is a weather teaser, let's hope they have some proper raincoats too. I'd barely wear those in good weather.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy

Although... 'Rain'? Why not 'Outerwear'? If seasons and snow don't return I will cry.

I'm trying to be positive here: just because it's only the "Rain" category, doesn't mean we won't get seasons proper and snow...could be they just decided that just leaking the "Rain" category was enough of a hint/tease/appeasement.

I'd forgive EA everything...all glitches, bugs, horrid patches, a Katy Perry Limited Edition, Katy Perry stuff pack, Katy Perry store items, everything if they are bundling magic and seasons into one EP. (Unless they do a half done, almost-good-but-not-quite glitch filled job, but hope springs eternal. I mean, Pets was pretty good, with only a few problems, there's no reason the same can't be said about the magic/possibly season EP, right? )

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Theorist
#8 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:53 AM
They did put magic with apartments in TS2...although it was the final EP, I'm not expecting something like that to happen again but maybe it is possible for weather and magic to go together. Wonder what the name for that EP would be? Eh, I would have put weather with a EP that focused on sports so then you could have lots of different activities for each season. Then have magic would have its own EP.

I wonder if EA is planning to include categories for both rain and snow? That's a lot for one EP, I never would have expected that. On the other hand it would be kind of strange to have rain jackets but no winter jackets. Hopefully that outfit being under rain is just a slip up or else the strange EA categorizing of outfits is far from over.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 8:24 AM
I find it very unlikely that EA would combine two major new elements into a single EP... heck, they are already struggling sometimes to include even one major new element into an EP (I'm talking about you Generations!)

Also... EA is about the $$$$, so if they have separate EPs for magic and weather, that would mean a whole lot more money, especially since magic and seasons seem to be the two of the most anticipated features for TS3.

The rain jacket could maybe be just a work name for 'outerwear' outfit category, considering that EA does use work names a lot... I gotta say though that imagine if we'd have both a rain outfit category as well as a winter category, knowing EA they would totally include random thick coats in the rain section and leather jackets in the winter section... They are so sloppy with categorizing clothes and always leave the screw-ups to be cleaned by creators, it's so annoying! Like one of the just three new prom dresses in Gen was only as everyday option...
Forum Resident
#10 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 9:46 AM
Well, I just hope this indicates that Outerwear will be more specific to the weather (i.e. separate outfits for Rain and Snow). I hated it in Seasons when my playable Sims would be wearing proper Spring attire and then another family I play would show up in winter gear because they are still in the winter stage and I hadn't changed their outerwear yet.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 9:49 AM
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 10:12 AM
I don't understand how this is indicative of anything. A player/creator made some outfits and decided to say they were for rain?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#13 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 10:46 AM
no....go to the link....its catagorized for rain....
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I don't understand how this is indicative of anything. A player/creator made some outfits and decided to say they were for rain?

I'd say that there are a selection of the outfit categories of the game from which an uploader chooses appropriate ones for their creation, to let the downloaders know from which outfit categories the item can be found in CAS. So it's a new CAS outfit category to choose when uploading an item.

The reason this is major news because in the past at the exchange there have been indicators of what's to come. Like way before Pets was announced there were a couple of test pets uploaded to the exchange by EA.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 11:03 AM
Do you guys think this an indication or just an ordinary tweet? Someone commented on SimsVIP with this tweet.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruMeatball...121894428872704

https://twitter.com/SimGuruMeatball...750025179705344
Scholar
#16 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
I'd say that there are a selection of the outfit categories of the game from which an uploader chooses appropriate ones for their creation, to let the downloaders know from which outfit categories the item can be found in CAS. So it's a new CAS outfit category to choose when uploading an item.

The reason this is major news because in the past at the exchange there have been indicators of what's to come. Like way before Pets was announced there were a couple of test pets uploaded to the exchange by EA.

Sorry but this has nothing to do with what we as the uploader can do.....its how the orginal outfit was done by EA....all we can do is recolor it...and upload the recolor....
however its catagorized by EA is what shows up on the download page....
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#17 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 12:21 PM
So it's still categorized by EA as a 'rain' category outfit? That would still mean that an individual user has no control to just make their own categories show up, so we can come to a conclusion that the word 'rain' was put there by EA, and no-one else... nice, this is starting to go into an interesting direction, especially with those teasing SimGuru tweets... wouldn't hold by breath though, knowing EA.
#18 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 12:53 PM
Ok I get it now, "rain" wasn't typed in by Jenieusa it was picked from a premade list! Ok that's useful then. Well then I would say what's happened is that they were planning a weather EP for later, and have decided to bring it forward after the magic EP got leaked, to keep that element of surprise alive.

But... do I really want my sims tweeting at me? /me deletes her twitter account...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#19 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 1:16 PM
I really do hope that a seasons EP is on its way. And I would love different clothing categories for rain and snow. Some custom hoods are tropical islands and it would be nice to have a wet seasons with heavy rain and dry arid seasons too.
Scholar
#20 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 1:46 PM
EA has said that weather is possible and I hope this is a small indication that they are working on it and thinking of releasing it soon. I'd much rather have weather than any other "themed" ep. I mean seriously, what is the use of sweaters, jackets and scarves when there is no chance of snow?
Scholar
#21 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 1:55 PM Last edited by Periandre : 17th Apr 2012 at 1:57 PM. Reason: Redundant
I don't know, this magic EP seems rather light (how many "Generations" can you have?), weather could tie it all together.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 1:59 PM
Well I hope with weather they re-tag some of the base and expansion clothing or give the player the chance to re-tag them. a lot of the sweaters and boots stuff would make good outerwear for cold or wet weather. And those store outfits? They don't look like appropriate rain outfits.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#23 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Generis
Well I hope with weather they re-tag some of the base and expansion clothing or give the player the chance to re-tag them. a lot of the sweaters and boots stuff would make good outerwear for cold or wet weather. And those store outfits? They don't look like appropriate rain outfits.

It would seriously suck if players weren't able to tag and sort the possible outerwear clothing categories in CAS themselves, because EA sucks at categorizing! Would be great if EA would tag all clothes with a patch, but in addition to that, the users could also un-tag and tag items themselves easily in game.

But EA is so damn lazy... I bet that all those coat and jacket outfits from previous EPs and Store would be left in the every day category, and anyway hopes of being able to tag stuff conveniently in game is very non-EA. :/ They do everything through the hardest paths and against all rational thinking!
Scholar
#24 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
Do you guys think this an indication or just an ordinary tweet? Someone commented on SimsVIP with this tweet.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruMeatball...121894428872704

https://twitter.com/SimGuruMeatball...750025179705344

Well, I don't know... However, that is the very same SimGuru that posted on EA's forums that weather is possible around a month ago.

#25 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 4:43 PM
That simguru just posted in the very thread weather is being speculated about on the official forums. He didn't confirm or deny but the fact he is participating in thread instead of deleting it is pretty significant.

Page 1 of 2