Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 25 (Who?), Viewed: 4928 times.
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:09 AM
Default Is this normal behavior?
As my last thread stated, I wanted to make my Sim more outgoing. Instead I made her supa neat and somewhat more active. Then I decided Nina and Dina's personality sucked, so I made Dina not so lazy OR not so sloppy. And so forth. So I used the boolProp cheat. As much as I envy it, I did it anyway.

Well, when I was playing Tegan I called her parents, well when I called her mother. A bubble popped up when they got off the phone, saying:

"Booya! This week has been amazing..."

Now that bubble wasn't Tegan's. It was her mother's. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Is this normal behavior after using "boolProp" OR did I royally effed up my game?

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:36 AM
I would assume (but I don't actually know - this is just my guess) that since when Tegan was on the phone her mother was temporarily transported to the lot, invisible, the game saw that she had high aspiration and sent out the "Booya!" message as it does randomly with sims living on each lot. So I would guess that this has nothing to do with boolProp.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:41 AM
Well, she didn't go poof to the lot. She just said it in a bubble. I am not sure in what in the foo foo happened. I just hope that it isn't something major. Other than a random freaking bubble its going well. I mean..Yeah.

I think its okay. But seriously, I couldn't stand Dina being so lazy or sloppy -.-" It was sad. But I think you may be right, NatteryakToad, because I think I do remember when Dracul (An ex Sim I had made) called his father, and it said that once. I am just like not so sure -.-" But Dracul's was WITHOUT the cheat.

So, thank you, NatteryakToad. I've just heard some different things about boolProp, I mean hell I thought it was corrupting my game, when I did the 45degreerotation one, and surely enough. It wasn't the cheat, it was the house -.-"

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 1:51 PM
It's not your testing cheats, which is presumably what you mean by boolprop. (A lot of other cheats start with boolprop, too.) They don't do anything in the background except monitor for errors. Everything else you have to do something active to trigger. It's the mechanic for telephone calls - as far as the game is concerned the caller is on the lot. It's unusual to get the Freetime weekly mood report during a visit, but not impossible.

I'm not positive, but I think you can even pass colds through the phone line because of the way the phone call works. I hope I"m wrong, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 2:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
It's not your testing cheats, which is presumably what you mean by boolprop. (A lot of other cheats start with boolprop, too.) They don't do anything in the background except monitor for errors. Everything else you have to do something active to trigger. It's the mechanic for telephone calls - as far as the game is concerned the caller is on the lot. It's unusual to get the Freetime weekly mood report during a visit, but not impossible.

I'm not positive, but I think you can even pass colds through the phone line because of the way the phone call works. I hope I"m wrong, though.

Is that why you shouldn't save your game while a sim is talking on the phone?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 3:09 PM
Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me. In the early days of Apocalypse Challenges, when it's winter year-round, talking on the phone lowers the temp of the sim on the other end of the line.

(It's a real hassle later, if the AC sim has an opportunity to invite a frozen friend over for a visit, because he/she will leave almost immediately in order to warm up, if they can't be allowed in the house at that point in the challenge. Once they're allowed inside, it's possible to get them warmed up again, but the real fun is when perpetual winter is lifted, and one can invite a bunch over for an unofficial "warming party". /digression)

Anyway, from what I understand, sims on the other end of the phone are in some invisible way present in more than just voice. I wonder, though... For a sim to catch another sim's illness requires close proximity (and perhaps an actual interaction?), so maybe if the sim on the phone is considered to be in another room, in a sense, they won't catch anything. Curious now.

ETA: @lipe2k, I wouldn't know for a fact, but that sounds quite plausible.
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 4:28 PM
Yeah, and if your game's not modded, have someone call up a child just before six. An adult or teen family member will appear to take the child home. (If a townie, this will be some other townie, not an actual relative, of course.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Levera : 17th Apr 2012 at 4:40 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
Yeah, and if your game's not modded, have someone call up a child just before six. An adult or teen family member will appear to take the child home. (If a townie, this will be some other townie, not an actual relative, of course.)

Yeah, that did happen to me. I had a child come over and visit Esther (This was an old Legacy) and it was about 9pm when the mother came and got her daughter. I was like, oops, hehe

Yeah, I was just wondering that. I was like...OH dear god, I effed up my game.

But then again, it was never boolProp that did. Because I had thought that when I used this mansion for my Sim in College, and it ended up being the house not the cheat. Because I do what I am told (lol) and turn it off, as soon as I am done. And that is what I did. Luckily, my Sim is supa neat, and active as well. And Dina and Nina...Well, hehe.

Thank you, you all have now put an ease to my mind I just didn't know that when you are on the phone with a sim, it was possible for them to poof there for a moment o.O

Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 5:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby
For a sim to catch another sim's illness requires close proximity (and perhaps an actual interaction?), so maybe if the sim on the phone is considered to be in another room, in a sense, they won't catch anything. Curious now.

Well, if the sim on the phone is sick, and they're speaking to the sim at the other end, that's an interaction. And the way flu goes around my neighborhood even after I think I have it licked should mean that there's a vector I haven't been alert enough to. If Gerry Mander turns up with Ruben Disease when I play him next, I'll be pretty sure of it, because there was no flu at the frat last time I played it and Gerry, as a YA, doesn't wander around community lots in the main hood, so if he's sick when I return, it almost has to be because his sick sister Amanda called him. But I think there's still a reservoir of infection on campus, so I still won't be absolutely sure. That's the trouble with one-day rotations - I'm seldom 100% sure of the cause of anything.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#10 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipe2k
Is that why you shouldn't save your game while a sim is talking on the phone?

I thought you shouldn't save while they're on the phone if you intend to install a new EP or install a mod that resets the lot. You know how when you install an EP, you enter the lot and everyone is at green with their bladder slightly low? I'm pretty sure I read that when that happens the sim on the other line of the phone can sometimes get stuck on the lot as an invisible sim. They'll interact on the lot but they just wont be a visible being.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 11:51 PM
Quote:
Well, if the sim on the phone is sick, and they're speaking to the sim at the other end, that's an interaction.

Interaction trumps proximity? My guess would be that you're right about that. I'll be interested to know if Gerry does come up sick.

So, how is it having a neighborhood plague? I've never experienced this, and think it would be a rather fun challenge working to get it back under control!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 2:13 PM
Quote:
Interaction trumps proximity? My guess would be that you're right about that. I'll be interested to know if Gerry does come up sick.

So, how is it having a neighborhood plague? I've never experienced this, and think it would be a rather fun challenge working to get it back under control!

Urgh, it's a lot more bothersome than it sounds.

I one time had a Romance Sim get the flu, and that sim liked being on the welcome wagon a little too much, so he would spread it to his fellow welcome wagon crew. Then the welcome wagon would pass said flu around town. Plus the guy was a Romance sim, so that was a problem.

I don't have Freetime, so the only thing I could do to control the stupid sickness was have them sleep. Which they didn't like doing. When they got better, the flu carrying jerks would ring the doorbell and make them sick again.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 2:48 PM
Fivey, I agree. I've had endemic 'flu in one of my 'hoods for at least five rotations, certainly longer, and only now am I managing to get things under control. Admittedly a part of the problem was my insistance of teleporting over sims for family get-togethers and not keeping notes on who was ill -- I'd clear a house of 'flu only to get it back when some of the visitors passed it back to them. Families who had a part-Family sim were stuffed with Comfort Soup, the remainder had to do a ton of relaxing and resting (and to make sure they stayed put, I'd lock the doors).

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 2:57 PM
Quote:

Well, different people find different things interesting, but I find epidemics an unmitigated pain the neck.

The problem is my playstyle, with one-day rotations, days that start in the morning, and lots of community lot visits, invitations to visit, parties, dating, and large households. So take Gerry. He's an outgoing guy, lives in the frat (aka party central), keeps in close touch with his mom and stepdad and four little sisters back home, dates Sparrow Hawkins heavily, does frequent walk-bys on university community lots and other people's residences. Say I've cleared campus but Gerry's been reinfected by that phone conversation with his sister. If he drops by or is invited over to Alma Mater House (six inhabitants), Scholarship House (four), or Tri-Var (four), he could reinfect up to 14 people all by himself before he's even played that rotation. If anybody at the frat then throws a party, there goes the rest of campus. Meanwhile, if he dates Sparrow Hawkins, who's moved back into the main hood, he could reinfect her, who could then go on to infect her sister, brother-in-law, and their two children with whom she lives. Granny and Grampa constantly drop in on their children, so flu spreads through the Hawkins family like wildfire, plus the kids bring other kids, or are brought by them, home from school. So Gerry's reinfection could reinfect the entire neighborhood in a single round.

I get the notice of illness almost as soon as I open the lot, but I can't make comfort soup for breakfast. In order to clear illness out of the Ruben household, where flu and a cold both resided, I had to make people skip breakfast and push the soup at lunch. Sally Ruben is pregnant, so that's scary, and I made the soup as soon as it was possible to make lunch. But Josephine and Martine don't get home till 3, so I had to put back the comfort soup as leftovers to prevent it spoiling; and I can't call to meal on leftovers and force any kids they bring home to eat it. Also, with everybody sitting and eating at the same time, they were tossing the cold and the flu back and forth - I had to force-feed soup to Amanda till she got fat, because as soon as the flu melted away somebody gave her a cold.

And in some houses, I couldn't even make comfort soup until an infected person ran down to the Convenient Stores to get groceries. I could have had groceries delivered, but since I like going to community lots I didn't even think about that till just now. Everybody's in the habit of going down the Convenient Stores (best venue ever - everyone shows up there. So another great disease vector).

The only way to be absolutely sure not to pass on an infection is to keep everybody home from work, school, outings, dates, everything, and not invite anybody over. And I hate that. I only have one day to play these people before moving on and I want to play the stuffings out of 'em.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 5:49 PM
Call me crazy, but I'd still like to experience a neighborhood pandemic. (As an AC vet, I thrive on certain types of chaos in the game. )

Peni, Comfort Soup for breakfast via the Make or Make Many fridge options?

I can definitely see how dealing with a pandemic could take a long time to control in a very large neighborhood, though. I should see if I can make one happen in my current, small 'hood.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 5:57 PM
Yeah, I really need to stockpile the stuff for emergencies. Can you give comfort soup as gifts if you keep it in your inventory? 'Cause there isn't a single Family primary or secondary in the Greeks right now.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 6:09 PM
Good question! *off to check

Yes, food can be gifted out of inventory! This ought to come in very handy!

I also found out that when you use Make Many, the sim doing the cooking puts the finished meals straight into inventory automatically. Also confirmed that Grandma's Comfort Soup is available to make in the morning.
Scholar
#18 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 7:06 PM
My Denise Jacquet has a secondary family aspiration (so does Gilbert, for that matter, but Denise is the cook), so J'Adore Bakery sells comfort soup. So that's another option if you like to play businesses. Anyone can go buy a bowl, and often they already have one or two from the last time I played J'Adore. (Though birthday cakes seem to be the preferred purchase: Don Lothario has seven in his inventory.)

Mad Poster
#19 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 7:15 PM
I'm considering (for when I encounter this challenge) a community hospital lot. First time I've had reason to think I might want a hospital, and it's just a germ of an idea (no pun intended ) so far. Teleport sick sims in, put them on bedrest, then serve Soup for lunch?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 7:17 PM
Quote:
I'm considering (for when I encounter this challenge) a community hospital lot. First time I've had reason to think I might want a hospital, and it's just a germ of an idea (no pun intended ) so far. Teleport sick sims in, put them on bedrest, then serve Soup for lunch?

A Community Hospital? That seems very interesting actually. Now, I do have a question. Is it true that you can build a church and get married in it? Because I've seen downloadable churches for the Sims, and one time I tried to build one, but I couldn't get married in there. I even had the arch as well o.O

Mad Poster
#21 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 7:31 PM
Do you have all EPs? I'm having a hard time remembering all the ins and outs of how community lot weddings are accomplished, but I think this only became possible with one of the more recent EPs, for some reason.

Anyway, if you were able to place a wedding arch on a community lot (church or not - the game has no idea what a "church" is), you ought to have been able to use it.

Thing is, this does not satisfy the Throw a Wedding Party want. There might be a hack to allow community lot parties - not sure.

Guests can be invited by cellphone or teleported in, and Inge's formalwear sign (or a similar hack) can be used to get everyone into formalwear.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 7:51 PM
There's a community lot party hack; ask on WCIF and somebody'll tell you. I thought I had a link to it, but I don't. It also lets anybody throw a toga party, which is odd.

Once weddings are enabled on community lots - and I have no idea which EP that was, either - you don't need any hacks to get people into formalwear. Once you click the arch, everybody will swoosh into it; but if too many people are on the lot, it'll lag like nobody's business and not everybody will get changed in time. I know, 'cause a lot of my weddings are freaking huge.

Scholar
#23 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 8:12 PM
Bon Voyage . . . that's the advantage to being a late adopter, right?
I think you can do it without BV, but the newly weds will keep their engagement rings instead of getting wedding rings, and it might require a hacked arch. Don't remember how I accomplished it without BV, but I think I used a hacked arch from over on MATY, the one that will let anyone marry anyone without any required relationship/age/anything.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 9:20 PM
Well, I know that there is a hack for a wedding arch. And I did not know about it until recently. But when I made the building where they could get married, the arch wasn't able to be used. So, I ended up getting them married on the residential lot, that my sim owned.

And I do not own all of the EP's. The only one I do NOT own is OFB o.O

Quote:
Guests can be invited by cellphone or teleported in, and Inge's formalwear sign (or a similar hack) can be used to get everyone into formalwear.

Exactly how do I "teleport" someone in? o.O This is confusing me >.<

Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 9:29 PM
Teleporters are hacked objects used to summon/teleport a sim to a given lot.

Inge Jones (Simlogical) has at least two; one in the form of a shrub and one in the form of a cat statue. The SimBlender also has a teleport feature, and Paladin (simwardrobe) has a nifty Visual Teleporter that's particularly handy if you don't know the name of the sim you're looking to summon.
Page 1 of 2

Section jump