Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 3:20 AM
Default Quick question about beach lots
I was just wondering...is it possible to create beach waves on a home near the ocean shoreline?
I have all EPs and would like a tutorial on how to accomplish this...I can't seem to find it through google. =[

Here is a pic of what I am talking about:

Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 3:27 AM
The waves come from several effects "placeholder" objects. If you use Inge's Portal revealer, you can make them visible (and thus grab-able with the hand tool). Just be sure to make them invisible again with the Portal Revealer.

If the lot is not a beach lot, you'll need to download the buyable version of the effects object (also from Inge, I think) and manually place them. I don't think the game will consider the lot as a beach lot, but you should have the waves effect at the very least.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 3:50 AM
Wow I had no idea...thank you so much for your help! I'm so excited to try them lol

BTW...what do you mean by making "them invisible again with the Portal Revealer."
Isn't the whole point is to have the waves visible at all times?? =P
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 4:24 AM
I meant the placeholders objects. In my experience, the wave effects won't show up as long as their effect placeholder objects are visible. Make the placeholders objects visible to see them and to be able to grab them. But once they are in position, you don't need to have them visible again so make them invisible.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 4:37 AM
Oh..I don't understand anything about portals and placeholders...i'll try to do a bit of research.