Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 4:25 PM
Default the incident quest won't end
pretty much what it says, the quest won't end. i tried removing cc although that's not the problem since i used cc before and the quest worked normally.

i also tried restarting the quest and still nothing.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 1:55 PM
anybody know
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 11:16 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 27th Apr 2012 at 11:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by datass
anybody know

Sorry, I haven't come across this problem yet.
Do you not have a previous save you can go back to?
Aside from abandoning the quest (which is a horribly frustrating thing to have to do) I don't know what to tell you.
Which quest is it?

There used to be a cheat called autocompletequest, but I don't know if that still works (if it ever did).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 7:59 PM

''the incident'', second quest from p&n?

and no i don't have any old saves but i did try creating several kingdoms recently and in every one of them the quest wouldnt end. tsm just suddenly decided not to work...
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 8:52 AM

and no i don't have any old saves but i did try creating several kingdoms recently and in every one of them the quest wouldnt end. tsm just suddenly decided not to work...

Oh, 'the incident' quest has been widely reported as being borked, I've never tried the quest yet myself. I've looked through the build files to see if there's anything at all related to it or related to quests ending, but I can't find anything. It's a shame that the 'autocompletequest' cheat no longer works since it's obviously needed for some quests in P&N.
Unless someone else has a solution, I think the only thing you can do is abandon it and avoid the quest. You'd think EA could have at least had the decency to fix game breaking elements like this before they abandoned it
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 3:48 PM

lol just noticed you stated 'incident quest' in the thread title, brain hadn't engaged, sorry.
If it's the 2nd quest I must have played it through...is that the one where you get your gifts...the bird and the interrogation chair? and you choose the musician, bathwater etc? If it is I've played that through on at least 3 kingdoms with no problems. I have heard it doesn't work for loads of people though but I don't know why.
Clicking quest objectives to skip over them can cause problems with some of the quests ending properly. Have you done that anywhere during this quest? If you have, try playing it through properly and see if it ends for you.
If it's definitely not that causing your problem, try removing all your mods and then starting a new kingdom and play the quest through without putting any mods back in. I don't think it will be that, but at least it will rule it out completely if you still have a problem getting it to end.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 8:41 PM
already tried all of those, the quest always worked for me as well until recently...

guess i'll try to delete the saves folder.
Scholar
#8 Old 1st May 2012 at 7:05 AM
already tried all of those, the quest always worked for me as well until recently...

guess i'll try to delete the saves folder.

Well just as a complete shot in the dark, maybe it's borked for various kingdoms depending on the kingdom ambition, if it used to work for you before? Have you tried re-doing it with a new kingdom in an ambition you've already completed?
That's weird if it worked fine before and now suddenly doesn't.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st May 2012 at 7:42 PM
I had that quest stick on me before. I had to cancel and restart it a few times. I didn't have a problem with it at all and then one day I did and the quest wouldn't end. I don't recall which ambition I was on though, it was a while ago..but I just wanted to say it did work after a couple of restarts. I know this doesn't apply to this particular quest because you can only pick the monarch but I found that some of the quests stuck depending on which hero combination I used.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd May 2012 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elledee
I had that quest stick on me before. I had to cancel and restart it a few times. I didn't have a problem with it at all and then one day I did and the quest wouldn't end.

thats about right. the ambition is ''no quest for the weary''

i'll try another one and see what happens but this still leaves an incomplete ambition.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 4:26 PM Last edited by datass : 31st Jul 2012 at 4:50 PM.
i tried several ambitions and still no luck. even reinstalled the game several times

edit: found problem, i sentenced the sword salesman to the pit cause he screwed me over but somehow he survived, i had to sentence him about 4 times but eventually he died and as soon as he did the quest ended
Scholar
#12 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 8:10 PM
i tried several ambitions and still no luck. even reinstalled the game several times

edit: found problem, i sentenced the sword salesman to the pit cause he screwed me over but somehow he survived, i had to sentence him about 4 times but eventually he died and as soon as he did the quest ended

LOL, that's funny. I'm glad you figured out the problem and eventually got the quest to end. Really good of you to post your solution to it too, it sounds like one of those things that could happen to anyone.
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 3:07 PM
okay, how to find this sword salesman.. I don't have such person in my friendlist