Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 7:07 AM
Default Flatten neighborhood?
I'm building my sims houses in a custom neighborhood which is not flat at all and it turned out to be really ugly . I don't want to start new neighborhood cause I already deleted all ugly townies one by one. Is there any way to flatten my neighborhood?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 7:30 AM
Start a new neighborhood anyway. Your reason why you do not want to is also the reason why you should.

Well, that was easy.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 7:31 AM
TS2GridAdjuster could help, but make a backup before you do anything.

Even if the hood is corrupt (from deleting Sims), you could perhaps still save the lots. Have any Sims lived in them?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 10:36 AM
Don’t ever delete sims. This action leaves files behind that corrupt the hood. Unfortunately, you are going to have problems in this hood now.

To answer your question, you can flatten the neighborhood terrain using the ModifyNeighborhoodTerrain on/off cheat. I think this came with Freetime. You can also change the neighborhood map using Mootilda’s hood replacement program.

Also, for future neighborhoods, you can create hoods without townies if you install clean templates. I think they are at MATU.
Site Helper
#5 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
The GridAdjuster is for lots, not neighborhoods. It will not help with your problem.

aUserName has some good advice: ModifyNeighborhoodTerrain or HoodReplace to flatten the neighborhood.

For clean neighborhoods (all playables, but few townies), I would recommend Tarlia's cleaned templates:
http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

MATY is the best place to get empty neighborhoods (no townies or playables):
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,13382.0.html
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 6:43 PM
Be aware, too, that even with clean neighborhood templates, if you don't have "pretty" default replacement face templates and/or a notownieregen mod, the game will generate new "ugly" townies anyway.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The GridAdjuster is for lots, not neighborhoods. It will not help with your problem.

Right. My mistake. I misread.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peppermint7
I don't want to start new neighborhood cause I already deleted all ugly townies one by one. Is there any way to flatten my neighborhood?

You could use this utility, and swap the terrain for a nice, flat one.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=279992
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You could use this utility, and swap the terrain for a nice, flat one.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=279992

There is one thing I never understood about that tool, What will happen to the houses if I replace, for example, the bluewater village terrain with that of pleasantview?
Site Helper
#10 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 9:16 PM
However, if peppermint7 deleted a bunch of townies using SimPE, then her existing neighborhood is corrupt. There's no use giving a corrupt neighborhood a new terrain.

Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
There is one thing I never understood about that tool, What will happen to the houses if I replace, for example, the bluewater village terrain with that of pleasantview?
The lots will remain in the same location. If you want, HoodReplace will adjust the elevation of the lots to try to match the new neighborhood terrain. However, sometimes you'll want to move the lots to a better location and then run HoodReplace a second time to resolve any discrepancies which occur in the terrain.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 9:25 PM
The lots will remain in the same location. If you want, HoodReplace will adjust the elevation of the lots to try to match the new neighborhood terrain. However, sometimes you'll want to move the lots to a better location and then run HoodReplace a second time to resolve any discrepancies which occur in the terrain.

But my lots are always on leveled ground.

And they can be moved easily by just using the tools available in the house and lots bin, just like any lot, right?
Site Helper
#12 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 9:33 PM
If you replace a neighborhood terrain with a significantly different terrain, HoodReplace will do its best to fix the elevation of the lots. However, sometimes you will find that the new terrain has been deformed by the lots, because the lots don't adequately match the new terrain. For example, your lots may end up in the water, or on top of a large mountain. In both cases, the terrain can be adversely affected by the existing lots. Moving the lots where you want them and then running HoodReplace a second time will resolve these discrepancies, if they occur.

Of course, if you're happy with the neighborhood after HoodReplace has been run once, then there's no need to run it a second time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno

Even if the hood is corrupt (from deleting Sims), you could perhaps still save the lots. Have any Sims lived in them?

I have lot of sims live there. That's why I'm a bit lazy to start the new one...

Quote: Originally posted by aUserName
Don’t ever delete sims. This action leaves files behind that corrupt the hood. Unfortunately, you are going to have problems in this hood now.

To answer your question, you can flatten the neighborhood terrain using the ModifyNeighborhoodTerrain on/off cheat. I think this came with Freetime. You can also change the neighborhood map using Mootilda’s hood replacement program.

Also, for future neighborhoods, you can create hoods without townies if you install clean templates. I think they are at MATU.

I mean I killed the townies after I moved them to my sims houses. will it still make my game corrupt? For now my neighborhood is fine.

aUserName has some good advice: ModifyNeighborhoodTerrain or HoodReplace to flatten the neighborhood.

For clean neighborhoods (all playables, but few townies), I would recommend Tarlia's cleaned templates:
http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

MATY is the best place to get empty neighborhoods (no townies or playables):
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,13382.0.html

However, if peppermint7 deleted a bunch of townies using SimPE, then her existing neighborhood is corrupt. There's no use giving a corrupt neighborhood a new terrain.

Thank you! Maybe I'll restart new neighborhood later on.
But I didn't kill my sims using SimPE, I killed them after they moved to my sims houses.

Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Be aware, too, that even with clean neighborhood templates, if you don't have "pretty" default replacement face templates and/or a notownieregen mod, the game will generate new "ugly" townies anyway.

I have it
Inventor
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 8:34 AM
Did you delete the tombstones after killing off the townies? The game regenerates townies anyway, so you'll probably still have a hood full of uglies to contend with. P:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Saturnfly
Did you delete the tombstones after killing off the townies? The game regenerates townies anyway, so you'll probably still have a hood full of uglies to contend with. P:

yes I delete the tombstones. why?
No, my townies now is waaaay better. I'm using default replacement face templates :p
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 9:42 AM
Well then your neighborhood is corrupt.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by peppermint7
yes I delete the tombstones. why?
No, my townies now is waaaay better. I'm using default replacement face templates :p

To put it simply...

This is Sims 2, not Sims 1984.

You cannot unperson in Sims 2.

If you delete someone, erase them from the world with no trace, there will be people who remember them. They will not remember the name or the face, but they will remember they existed, and that will corrupt your game.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Theis118
Well then your neighborhood is corrupt.

I guess so.. I just knew that deleting the tombstone will make the game corrupt. Means that I really need to start the new neighborhood then