Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 1920 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:07 AM
Default new caw user
hey guys, i have a question, if you don't mind.

sometimes after i've moved the camera on the map, i can no longer edit my terrain. the circle doesn't show up and when i click and drag nothing happens. is this a bug or am i doing something stupid?
Advertisement
'Death, death, death' Until the sun cries morning
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:18 AM
No, not a bug but a limitation. You have to be zoomed in on the same chunk as you are editing. So, move the camera slightly so that the area you wish to paint/terraform is in focus. Then the tool should appear and function correctly.

If you are too far away, or are off the edge of the map, the tools will not work.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH Headlong Flight Performing Arts Award Star Rush OC
Please check out my profile policies before PMing me! Thanks.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 1:15 PM
thank you simsample!! i had this problem too but didn't even know how best to describe it. i also thought it was just me as i play on a mac but through parallels desktop/windows and it can be glitchy. aaaanyway this is very good to know :D
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 1:31 PM
Glad it helped, Sococo!

I'm curious about CAW on Parallels- what glitches are you getting? I know there are lots of Mac users out there who would love to have CAW, would you consider writing a little tutorial/ article about getting CAW running on Mac, and the problems/ benefits you've encountered?

Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 11:55 PM
hi!

i would certainly love to contribute anywhere i can :D. i really think the glitchyness i experience comes from having the bare minimum of system requirements to be honest. in terms of CAW though i find what we've just discussed above to be the only issue beyond occasional slowness at times. i will give writing up a tut/article a try i've been meaning to set up with windows 7 just to see how it is so i guess i could create a new virtual machine and take screenshots lol

the real problem comes with just trying to play the game with a little c/c and not have issues crashing or not letting me save etc. due to huge save files and whatnot. other than that it's been a success! i'm hella stubborn and determined if i want something i'll figure it out lol
#6 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 10:12 AM
Great! If you wanted to you could create an article on the wiki, or else you could make a new thread here and I could move it into tutorials when you're done.

We don't have much information about getting CAW working on Mac so any information you give could help others.

Section jump