Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 2938 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 2:50 PM
Default seriously, I am dumb
okay, so i always take pictures of my sims and use fraps to do it. i just got a new computer, installed all sims games, installed fraps, everything works. HOWEVER, i CANNOT get rid of the action queue when taking pictures, or the red pause border. Before, all i did was press f10 and that all went away. I have a feeling this is some stupidly simple answer that I'm missing. Hoping someone can solve this for me.

Annie
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 3:29 PM
Uh...Sims 2 or 3? What kind of computer? What do you mean, "can't get rid of the action queue or the red pause border"? Can't you just click on those and they'll go away?

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, what's a frap?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 4:31 PM
Since this isn't a tutorial on taking awesome pictures, I'm moving it to Sims 2 Discussion on a hunch. If it turns out you're talking about Sims 3, I'm sure we can manage to move the thread again .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 5:14 PM
I'm not sure if you're talking "cameraman mode", where you are able to move the camera and zoom in/out, but I'm pretty sure the UI and disappears when you hit that, which is Tab.
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 5:39 PM
For anyone wondering what Fraps is...
Is a program to take screenshot in-game.
Some laptops don't support print screen to capture heavy graphic games screenshot.

I also cannot get rid of "action queue" and "red border pause mode".
Cut them off by using graphic editor, for example, Ms Paint and Adobe Photoshop.
Or, before you decide to take capture, cancel all action queue. Those boxes should be disappear.
Taking capture without using "pause mode" is a bit tricky.
I always "pause mode" the game to capture perfect pics, then edit the pics, cut that "red border" in Ms Paint.
Alchemist
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 5:45 PM
There's a mod to get rid of the red pause line (but I'm too lazy to look for it right now) and hitting f5 will go into build/buy/save mode and hide the action queue. I usually don't bother and just crop the icons out.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:04 PM
I always get the pause lines and queue icons when I take screenshots with Fraps, but I just crop the photo afterwards to get rid of them. If you don't want the queue icons to be visible on your screenshot, just select a random Sim who isn't doing anything and take your pic. You can also use the Freezer clock to pause your Sims' actions without having to actually pause the game. Or install the pause lines removal hack like Sushigal007 suggested.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:30 PM
The "no-red-pause-mod" is by BeosBoxBoy but I don't know if I got it from here or somewhere else.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Site Helper
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:37 PM
I think I saw it at MATY, but you might need to ask in WCIF to find it.

Have you tried TAB to get into cameraman mode? I still get the red lines, but no queue icons.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Instructor
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 9:23 PM
f10 gets rid of the UI.

A mod will get rid of the red border: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=62217

Going to setup, f5, (the three little circles) will get rid of the action queue.

So when I take photos, I click f5, then f10, then f9 (the key I set my photo program to take a picture), then I click f10 to get the UI back and f1 to go back to live mode. I've been doing it like this for so long, I do it without really thinking anymore.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Section jump