Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 40 (Who?), Viewed: 6983 times.
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 5:24 AM
Default Getting real Grim Reaper's ghost (not sim's in his clothes)
I found out how to make a REAL Grim Reaper's ghost (if ressurect him, he'll just go away)
you need this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=402950 (also works with 1.31 and 1.32 Showtime's EP patches)
then kill anyone (there must be only your sim and your target on the lot, you'll get hated and arrested)
wait until Grim Reaper puts his scythe away (after he finishes his job)
get the gun and shoot him! you'll get a message that killing Grim Reaper may cause problems and e.t.c
then head to the cementery and take Grim Reaper's "body" from the mausoleum and take him home
then you'll need DebugEnabler (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler)
press on the urn -> nraas -> DebugEnabler -> options:object (urn) -> Debug: Create playable ghost (DON'T RESSURECT HIM!!!)
if you'd like, you can check if it's real Grim Reaper or not with Nraas MasterController (head to career and there you'll find: "Type: Ui/Caption/Services/Service:GrimReaper

I'm currently working on ressurecting him without losing GrimReaper's interactions and his type remaining Grim's one
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 6:38 AM
If you get a message saying that killing the reaper will cause problems, you probably shouldn't do it unless you want your game to explode.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 6:54 AM
It's ok, no bugs or crashes
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 7:10 AM
No bugs or crashes NOW. You don't know for sure if it's not going to break your game in a few days. Like in TS2, if you deleted a family from the bin or deleted a tombstone, you didn't see glitches as soon as it happened - it took a while and you only saw a few small things like little squiggly lines instead of faces when your sims gossiped until really bad things started happening.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 7:27 AM
at least 20-23 simdays pasted without any glitches or bugs
anyway I didn't try to kill any other sims
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxonick
at least 20-23 simdays pasted without any glitches or bugs
anyway I didn't try to kill any other sims

Have any sims died in game during that time? Have you tried to kill a sim to see how the game handles it with the Reaper as a playable ghost?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 3:46 PM
I haven't
Site Helper
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 4:24 PM
Also remember that in SIms 2, certain things corrupted -everything-, not just one save. Adding the Grim Reaper to the family was one of them.

Before saying that this is safe, you need to have more sims die with the reaper as a playable ghost, and you need to be sure there are no bugs in new saves. (Especially if it is done in more than one save.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 4:40 PM
there might be one bug - sim won't die, but I'm sure it will be everything ok, if you select someone else except grim's ghost as grim reaper with the help of MasterController (requires mastercontroller's additional packages to get all functions)
Site Helper
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 4:52 PM
Enjoy using your game as an experimental laboratory for that...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 5:33 PM
ok, i'll try to kill another sim, if it works I'll add that to the head of topic
Forum Resident
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 5:57 PM Last edited by Belzader : 23rd Apr 2012 at 6:37 PM.
Quote:
there might be one bug - sim won't die

Yes this is what happens.. NO sim can die

I tried ones making the Grim Reaper player controlled, it ended up with that i had to delete that save game because things got really messed up, sims had whishes to die all over the town but couldn't.

Do what ever you want with your game but don't suggest something before you're sure it won't mess up any ones game.

Though at the time there was no option from any mod to change service sims, so no idea if making another sim service as a Grim Reaper could fix it again, i think it's a unique sim aka there can only be one in game.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 9:59 PM
I have to second Belzader. I did this the legal way in Late Night, before there was a patch that prevented you from asking Grimmy to move in. Once he was part of my household, nobody was able to die. They could only remain in the perpetual dying state. With new patches, I think a new Grim Reaper gets created if the current one is not an NPC.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzader
Yes this is what happens.. NO sim can die

I tried ones making the Grim Reaper player controlled, it ended up with that i had to delete that save game because things got really messed up, sims had whishes to die all over the town but couldn't.

Sounds like you needed prozac for that suicidal crowd. OT, but there really are little thought bubbles in game for a sim hoping to die???
Forum Resident
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
but there really are little thought bubbles in game for a sim hoping to die???

Was a long time ago i tried it, no thought bubbles, was mainly using as an expression, though i got game messages about the Grim Reaper missing and thus they could not die, if i remeber right.

My main point was like others said here also, do not suggest something before knowing it will not mess up some ones game, or tell them to backup there save-files since not sure how it will effect game.
The message one get when messing with Grim Reaper is there for a reason.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:26 PM
Yes, sims can't die is the only bug I found, anyway the everything else is Ok
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:48 PM
Quote:
Yes, sims can't die is the only bug I found, anyway the everything else is Ok

Well, we all have different styles of play, but personally, in my game, not being able to die would be a really big, bad bug to have. I'm glad everything else is OK for you.
Site Helper
#18 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 3:59 PM
I suppose it would be handy if you wanted a world full of immortals.

(Although turning aging off would complete that effect; otherwise you would have a huge population of Elders after a while.)

Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:37 PM
So what... if I ask Grimmy to move in will there be a second Grimmy who deals with deaths etc? I want him in my legacy as a fun roommate later on (he's already been spotted once, as you can see on my legacy) but if it means no death then no thanks!

Morgendorfer Legacy! I've just stared it so views and comments would be appreciated :)

http://morgendorferchronicles.wordpress.com/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callumgray1992
So what... if I ask Grimmy to move in will there be a second Grimmy who deals with deaths etc? I want him in my legacy as a fun roommate later on (he's already been spotted once, as you can see on my legacy) but if it means no death then no thanks!

NO!!! You can't get him to your current household!!! if you do so, you Grim'll lose his feature (Ui/Caption/Services/Service:GrimReaper) or you'll get serious in game troubles like losing your family (it might just vanish) you can only get his playable ghost but sims in your town won't die, but you'll have real Grim's ghost (here's from Nraas MasterController: "Type: Ui/Caption/Services/Service:GrimReaper)
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 8:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
I suppose it would be handy if you wanted a world full of immortals.

(Although turning aging off would complete that effect; otherwise you would have a huge population of Elders after a while.)

It wouldn't create a world of immortals... it would create a world of perpetually-dying sims, unable to cross the threshold into the afterlife, due to the absence of a certain soul herder.
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 1:17 PM
Quote:
NO!!! You can't get him to your current household!!! if you do so, you Grim'll lose his feature (Ui/Caption/Services/Service:GrimReaper) or you'll get serious in game troubles like losing your family (it might just vanish) you can only get his playable ghost but sims in your town won't die, but you'll have real Grim's ghost (here's from Nraas MasterController: "Type: Ui/Caption/Services/Service:GrimReaper)

Oh god! I'm gonna not invite Grimmy to stay. My family is just kicking off if you read my legacy!

Morgendorfer Legacy! I've just stared it so views and comments would be appreciated :)

http://morgendorferchronicles.wordpress.com/
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim4sim
It wouldn't create a world of immortals... it would create a world of perpetually-dying sims, unable to cross the threshold into the afterlife, due to the absence of a certain soul herder.

Like that one episode of Being Human where zombies started happening because Mitchell wouldn't get his fat ass out of the door to the afterlife.

As far as non-dying sims go, are they effectively immortal, or just stuck in their death animations waiting for a grim reaper that's never going to show up?
While TS3 isn't as easily corruptible as TS2, I still see something going very, very wrong when your town refuses to die off and everyone is lying around town stuck in death animations. Wait, do SP deaths still happen? Or is Death necessary even for deaths that happen 'off-screen'?
I'm surprised that EA has yet to have him respawn automatically when he goes missing.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:33 PM
I belive he will be recreated if he is really missing, but the OP kinda "steals" him and since he still have the service id as Grim Reaper, game still consider him still there and i belive that's a unique id, game won't recreate.

But then again it won't suprice me if he doesn't we're talking about EA, proberly they think the warning message that pops up when messing with him is enough.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:09 PM
@Alliteration: they are stuck in death animations

Here's another fun thing to consider: if Grimmy is controlable, he's mortal. If he kicks the bucket, there can't possibly be someone to claim him, unless another Reaper is created by the game. Last I tried this, this was not the case. The game would just hang in a perpetual-death state as I tried to drown the poor Grimmy.

PS: his non-reaper clothes are hilarious.
Page 1 of 2

Section jump