Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 3:11 PM
Default First Person Camera
When I'm looking at my game files in My Documents, I saw that in the Cameras folder, there's a file of FirstPersonCameras. Does this mean we can actually see through Sims' eyes? If so, how? Or it's just a left-out file?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 4:46 PM
I think thats the camera that is used when you hit [Tab] in live mode right? Removes all traces of UI and you can move around with WASDQE.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
I think thats the camera that is used when you hit [Tab] in live mode right? Removes all traces of UI and you can move around with WASDQE.

I'm pretty sure that one is the CineCam camera. It just gives you more camera movement.
I'd like to know about that first-person camera now... that'd be fun to use. :3

|| Tumblr ||
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 3:34 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=97642

Tab key is the first person camera. Cinema is for ingame preanimated movies like first kiss, propose engagement. Although it should be possible view the camera from the sims line of sight. I imagine it would look strange though.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Josepina
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=97642

Tab key is the first person camera. Cinema is for ingame preanimated movies like first kiss, propose engagement. Although it should be possible view the camera from the sims line of sight. I imagine it would look strange though.

Thanks! That's really... disappointing. I thought I could see what my Sims see wherever they go, but it's just a cameraman mode. :/ It's first person alright. First person in our view. :p
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 3:08 PM
don't feel to disappointed nikel23
there is an option "look trough sims eyes" when they are "cloud watching"
so you can see what a sim is looking at

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 3:14 PM
There used to be a mod where you can actually have camera view as if through a sims eye, but it got removed (and lost forever )
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mr_db1
don't feel to disappointed nikel23
there is an option "look trough sims eyes" when they are "cloud watching"
so you can see what a sim is looking at

Is there, really? I never knew! How can we activate it?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 7:14 AM
I found it by happy mistake (to use a movie quote) it was not even in my game manual that I saw it was there

to activate that one:

make a sim go cloud-watching
then click on the sim again whem he/she is doing it
-> it is in the resulting pie-menu along the other options
just use the menu item

BTW I only know it is there I never activated it
not interested in clouds myself

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mr_db1
I found it by happy mistake (to use a movie quote) it was not even in my game manual that I saw it was there

to activate that one:

make a sim go cloud-watching
then click on the sim again whem he/she is doing it
-> it is in the resulting pie-menu along the other options
just use the menu item

BTW I only know it is there I never activated it
not interested in clouds myself

What!? Really?? Woah, I should try it out! I once found that option too through Allmenus cheat, but it didn't work. I'll try it!
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dagi_is_a_punk
Is there, really? I never knew! How can we activate it?
in fact there is a video where you look when this act the mod !
SimEyeView Mod
ut unfortunately I think it took the mod and have not been seen since has
Inventor
#12 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 9:02 AM
But in the comments there was a mention of something similar, to be found on this site:
http://modthesims.info/d/504385
Don't know how similar or even remotely similar. However, it does state:
Zooming into a Sims head. This almost gives you the possibility to play in an ego perspective.

(Still wonders about why the guy in the vid had to cry in the bathroom. Didn't make the toilet in time?)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 11:39 AM
That mod is a fantastic one for 'getting into the head' of any sim. It allows you to literally zoom in so close to the sim in question that you can become them, and actually view events from their perspective. It's the closest thing to what the OP mentioned.
It also allows you to go out of the house and literally view any panorama of the neighborhood so that you can go to the next lot you want to play:
Quote:
I somehow got rid of the "invisible" walls around your lot which stop your camera from moving any further. You can move over the whole neighborhood. This looks best if you set the "Fade Distance" in the Game Options to "Off", so other lots and decoration stops disappearing suddenly. To quickly move to another location, it's a good idea to double-right click on that point where you want to move to and you go there immediately!

It is a wonderful camera, and I can't recommend it too highly!
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 3:56 AM
Yeah.. I had been looking for this mod in the way back machine but no luck Do you guys think it would be possible to recreate?
Scholar
#15 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 8:03 PM
Next time you might be better off creating a new thread as Zombie threads annoy people (pulling up a months- years old thread)

It might be that there is another modification that does the same thing or similar. I remember when I wanted this very mod but unable to find it, I chose to use another First person camera (not as realistic). I'm sorry but I don't remember what it is called.

I've now found the one I use.
It is the Realistic Live Camera with Ego Perspective
by PacMani
http://modthesims.info/d/504385

Also just realized that the link I provided is also in post 12
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 11:37 PM
http://modthesims.info/t/58907

I found this topic in modthesims apparently wolf sword was the creator of this mod, but we are not their messages or their mods apparently were erased by swordwolf. sorry for my bad english.