Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 2279 times.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 10:55 PM
Default Features from previous titles you'd want in TS4
Throughout this series, many features have been added, stripped, and re-added again. What are some details and features you'd like to see in a potential TS4? This can also be a way for us to identify what each game did right.

Please don't say something like "ADD ALL OF THE EXPANSIONS INTO THE BASE GAME PLZ", since that's just unrealistic.

Here's a few things I'd like to see in the next Sims game:

- TS1-style music in Build/Buy mode. While the music in the later games is enjoyable to an extent, I often find myself muting the game while buying objects and building homes. TS1's New Age music and piano ballads were simple and never started to grate my nerves.

- The moodlet system (introduced in TS3). The moodlet system was a great addition to the classic Needs chart, and I'd be fine with it replacing needs entirely. Not only did it allow for a variety of mood-altering situations, it's also more realistic. Nobody is ever "60% hungry". Our happiness is decided by hundreds of factors at any one time, and our basic needs are fairly simple. Our Sims should be the same, IMO.

- The wants / fears and system and aspiration bar (introduced in TS2). I prefer this design to the simplified Wishes system in TS3. TS3's Wishes don't allow for a failure state, which removes some of the difficulty from the game. I enjoyed the risk vs. reward that existed when a Sims wants and fears had to do with the same event (like flirting / being rejected for a flirt).

- Weather (introduced in TS2: Seasons). This may be a somewhat big request, but I'm tired of waiting around and paying for this fairly important feature to The Sims. I was sick of every day being sunny in TS3 only a few weeks after I bought it. EA needs to quit stuffing this into an EP.

- Servos (introduced in TS1, expanded upon in TS2: OFB). SimBots suck. Give me my Servos, complete with their low-maintenance needs and desire to do chores.

- All-in-one cities (introduced in TS3). Having a shopping district, downtown, and college town attached to my TS2 neighborhood was annoying. I had to sit through two loading screens to get anything done across them. Vacation neighborhoods make sense, of course, but keeping everything in one city is a lot more enjoyable than the disconnect in TS2. On a side note, allowing Sims to visit and move between cities in different saves would be a nice feature.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:18 PM
One item that has been discussed in another thread concerned relationships. In TS2, the relationship values weren't linked, as they are in TS3. I think the idea of unbalanced relationships, with sim A having a different relationship value with sim B than sim B has for A, would be great to see back in the game. The idea that someone likes someone, while that person can't stand the other, is far more realistic that the balanced relationship bar between as in TS3.

All in one cities would be terrific, especially if you can link worlds/cities, as you can using Twallan's traveler mod. Not that there's anything wrong with Twallan's mod, but it is the kind of feature that should be built into the base game.

While not from prior releases, better content management must be developed.
'Death, death, death' Until the sun cries morning
staff: retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:34 PM
This is pretty much the same as an existing thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=433625

PLease post your ideas there.
Closed Thread

Section jump