Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 12:25 PM
Default Custom Afterschool Activities
Hi all
I'm interested in trying to create some custom afterschool activities because I don't think the children have enough choices. I'm just not sure how to go about it. I found two files in SimPE that correspond to the activities and one of them (AfterschoolActivity_0xecad5451f245a6) looks like a possibility, only I can't see how you could get the skills to work with the individual club (I really hope this is making sense ) For example, for an Art club for children, how would I get the painting skill to work with the new Art club?
Any thoughts would be very much appreciated
Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 9:44 PM
After a quick look at the files you mentioned and a check in reflector, the game seems to consider after school activities a career.

Everything looks like it's inside the AfterschoolActivity class. You'll need to do some scripting in order to get the results that you want.

You can find the class for further investigation inside the Sims3GameplaySystems.dll. Namespace is Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 10:07 AM Last edited by missyhissy : 25th Apr 2012 at 10:28 AM.
Brilliant, thanks! Now I know it's possible Thanks so much!
Where is the Sims3GameplaySystems.dll found?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:02 PM
The Sims3GameplaySystems.dll is in the gameplay.package in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (actual path may vary based on your system and how you install your game)

If you've never made a script mod for sims 3 you'll want to look at this: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ripting_Modding

That said, this actually sounds a lot like something Twallan might add to the Nraas Careers mod, so you might want to bring it up over there.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:46 PM
Ahh, cool, I'll mention it over there Thank you!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 9:20 AM
Old topic, but this has been added to Nraas Careers in the latest update, so I thought I'd leave a comment for anyone who stumbles across this thread.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 12:12 AM
And good gracious, what a pain in the arse it was to set that up.

The [Generations] coders could not have chosen a more inflexible, mod-unfriendly approach to implementing that system.

:P

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.