Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 25 (Who?), Viewed: 5551 times.
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 8:03 AM
Default My Sim keeps waking up in the middle of the night (Another Question)
Hello...How do you stop your sim on waking up on the middle of the night? Everytime i make a sim more than one they keep waking up whenever there Sleep Is full but when i make a single sim they won't wake up till 6am of the Morning. Is there any hacks that can force them to stay at bed till 6am?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 9:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFlamer105
Hello...How do you stop your sim on waking up on the middle of the night? Everytime i make a sim more than one they keep waking up whenever there Sleep Is full but when i make a single sim they won't wake up till 6am of the Morning. Is there any hacks that can force them to stay at bed till 6am?


Elders will always do that, and they have my sympathy. I have to get up two or three times in the night! In my game, everyone else stays in bed till six, wihout any hacks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 9:05 AM
Ok, but my sims was adult and they kept waking up like 12 of the night! which annoys me when they have to go to work and when they come back there sleep bar is like...Almost Empty!
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 9:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFlamer105
Ok, but my sims was adult and they kept waking up like 12 of the night! which annoys me when they have to go to work and when they come back there sleep bar is like...Almost Empty!

Sounds like a glitch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 9:27 AM
Then how do i fix it?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 9:45 AM
If a sim has actions in their queue added after they've gone to bed, they'll get up and do those actions when their energy bar is full, regardless of the time.

If a sim's energy is full before midnight, they will get up at midnight.

A mod fix: More Sleep. This will allow you to direct your sims back to bed if they wake up during the night (after midnight), even if their energy bar is completely full.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 10:04 AM
Oh thank you! :D
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 10:24 AM
There is the sleep later hack over at Simlogical. This will keep all sims except toddlers in bed and asleep till morning. Inge made it so that active sims will wake up first (usually 7am) and lazier sims will sleep later. Everyone wakes up by 9am - unless your sim is still tired (i.e. the bar isn't full) in which case they will sleep in till later and it is full. It's a hack I've had for a very long time. You can wake a sim as normal by cancelling the sleep action in the queue. I like my sims days regulated by normal patterns of sleep and wakefulness.

Polgannon Project - Seriously, I'm still working on it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 10:33 AM
@Katya: Wait..Do i put it on the Downloads Folder on the EA Games/Sims 2 Folder on Documents? I haven't installed a mod lately and i forgot.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFlamer105
@Katya: Wait..Do i put it on the Downloads Folder on the EA Games/Sims 2 Folder on Documents? I haven't installed a mod lately and i forgot.

Nearly all mods go in the Downloads folder in My Documents.

Polgannon Project - Seriously, I'm still working on it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Nearly all mods go in the Downloads folder in My Documents.


Oh Ok, Finally I'll be able to sleep like in 8pm of the Night at Sims 2 without my Sim waking up :D
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Everyone wakes up by 9am - unless your sim is still tired (i.e. the bar isn't full)


Actually, it's 10am, for the laziest sims.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 2:01 PM
Personally, I just take the sim to a community lot, tire 'em out again, and put them back to bed when they get home.

I'm an insomniac. It looks like normal behavior to me!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 3:14 PM
I've noticed that if you send the sims to bed before, I think, 10 pm they'll wake up when their energy bar is full. Otherwise, they'll sleep until 6am or until their energy bar is full. Super lazy sims get the option of going to sleep any time, but I think that's only in the realms of the 0-points-active ones. If all else fails, have them take naps on the couches. (Most of my sims are 8-10 points Active hyperactive monsters, so I don't get much chance to test out my bedtime theory: they stay up until at least 3am, get a little sleep, take a nap after school or work, and are fully recharged to run through the house until the wee hours of the next morning. What my game needs is a hack that allows calling and inviting over prior to 7am. Everyone's up anyway.)

My CC creations, updated September 13, 2014.

My Simblr
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
26th Apr 2012 at 11:37 PM
This message has been deleted by DigitalFlamer105.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegagropilon
I've noticed that if you send the sims to bed before, I think, 10 pm they'll wake up when their energy bar is full. Otherwise, they'll sleep until 6am or until their energy bar is full.


Actually, it's what katya said, which is that if their energy is topped off by midnight, they'll get up. So you can send barely-sleepy sims to a high-energy bed a bit after 10:00 and they may top off before midnight and get up. On the other hand, a super-sleepy sim sent to a crappy low-energy bed at 8:30 may not be fully topped off by midnight, and will thus continue on until 6:00 a.m., even if their energy maxes shortly after midnight.

In short, it's all about where that energy bar is at midnight.

ETA: This brings up a question. I believe it's possible to change the energy ratings of beds with... some tool, right? Sims 2 Categorizer, maybe? I've got some toddler/kid beds that are pretty cute, but they've got a ridiculous 12 energy rating that drives me nuts. Sleepy sim kids sent to bed at 9:00 should not be topped off by midnight.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 12:05 AM
Actually, I think they'll wake up when their energy is full no matter when you send them to bed.

Most of my sims go to sleep ~23:00-1:00, and they still tend to wake up before 6:00 if I queue a single bathroom stop.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby
Actually, it's what katya said, which is that if their energy is topped off by midnight, they'll get up. So you can send barely-sleepy sims to a high-energy bed a bit after 10:00 and they may top off before midnight and get up. On the other hand, a super-sleepy sim sent to a crappy low-energy bed at 8:30 may not be fully topped off by midnight, and will thus continue on until 6:00 a.m., even if their energy maxes shortly after midnight.

In short, it's all about where that energy bar is at midnight.

ETA: This brings up a question. I believe it's possible to change the energy ratings of beds with... some tool, right? Sims 2 Categorizer, maybe? I've got some toddler/kid beds that are pretty cute, but they've got a ridiculous 12 energy rating that drives me nuts. Sleepy sim kids sent to bed at 9:00 should not be topped off by midnight.


So..I'll just put them to sleep like 10pm? And I won't need any mods? If yes I'll delete the More Sleep Mod I installed.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 1:42 AM Last edited by fruitsymphony : 27th Apr 2012 at 1:48 AM. Reason: update
Anyways, if they wake up too early, IMO the best solution would be to put them in a cheap bed so their energy level will not fill up so fast!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 2:45 AM
Anyway The More Sleep Mod worked..My Job was like 8am of the Day so i had to wake up 4am and when i clicked the bed it shows the Sleep Action even my energy bar was full...So i think I'll stick with the Mod.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 7:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmasaur
Most of my sims go to sleep ~23:00-1:00, and they still tend to wake up before 6:00 if I queue a single bathroom stop.


What I've bolded is the major point. If a sim has actions queued (even silly things like "move away" or "check weather") they will get up when their energy bar is full, regardless of the time.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 8:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby
ETA: This brings up a question. I believe it's possible to change the energy ratings of beds with... some tool, right? Sims 2 Categorizer, maybe? I've got some toddler/kid beds that are pretty cute, but they've got a ridiculous 12 energy rating that drives me nuts. Sleepy sim kids sent to bed at 9:00 should not be topped off by midnight.

Sim Cat, as far as I am aware anyway, will only change prices and catalogue placement. I don't think you can change anything else. I seem to remember James posting somewhere that trying to change any other values listed on the screen is only cosmetic - I'm pretty sure this is true of the room values. You need SimPE for that job though it's likely to be only a single setting somewhere. It won't be hard to do just a matter of locating the right setting. I know what you mean though - that kind of thing annoys me too.

Polgannon Project - Seriously, I'm still working on it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 11:16 AM
Man talking about Sim cats made me want to Install Sims 2 Pet again..That is if i find a new Cd since my old one got corrupted for no damn reason -.-
Instructor
#23 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 11:55 AM
If a sim has too much energy to sleep, I send him out jogging. That will bring him home desperately tired, and he will drop straight into bed.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 6:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Sim Cat, as far as I am aware anyway, will only change prices and catalogue placement. I don't think you can change anything else. I seem to remember James posting somewhere that trying to change any other values listed on the screen is only cosmetic - I'm pretty sure this is true of the room values. You need SimPE for that job though it's likely to be only a single setting somewhere. It won't be hard to do just a matter of locating the right setting. I know what you mean though - that kind of thing annoys me too.


Thanks for the info. I'll probably just stop using the silly things and stick to my tried and true toddler blankets for times when a crib is inconvenient. Two-tile toddler/kid beds are nice for saving space, but just aren't worth hassling with otherwise. :p
Field Researcher
#25 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 6:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by music2ologist
If a sim has too much energy to sleep, I send him out jogging. That will bring him home desperately tired, and he will drop straight into bed.


Yes! B-Ball or Soccer are also fast energy drainers.
Page 1 of 2
Back to top

Section jump