Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets
Default Saved Sims bad files crashing Bodyshop
Hiya, back again

So the other day my sim went invisible. I started playing an earlier back up instead, but my exported sims were all from the later game, I didn't want to re-make them, so I started playing the latest game again and my sim had gone back to normal.

I played with him a bit more and his face lost all it's make up and accessories, then his features changed aswell, so I moved him out and bought him some new clothes (I was going to recycle him).

Then his features changed back to the face I had made him. So I put the make-up and accessories on him again, gave him his old clothes back, and moved him back in with his boyfriend.

I played with him for a while and he seemed to be ok.

Then today I tried to load Bodyshop and it kept crashing. I read about the problem on here, and on Google.

I had read something on Yahoo about someone who had the same problem, they said it was caused by some of their Saved Sims files. So I removed mine, and Bodyshop loaded fine.

I put the Saved Sims files back in one by one, until I found 2 that made it crash. I moved them to my desktop.

I put my game on, and everything seems to be the same, except that the appearance of the sim who went invisible is no longer under pre-existing sims in CAS. The actual sim of him is still there in the game and seems to be fine.

I think that these 2 dodgy Saved Sims files must be related to that sim (who went invisible and back).

So what should I do now?

Is it safe to delete those 2 files, and export his appearance again?

Thanks everyone, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 12:26 AM
Yes, it should be safe to delete files from your SavedSims folder.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 12:38 AM
Thankyou for replying.

Fingers crossed my game will work ok now!