Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 39 (Who?), Viewed: 6139 times.
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:22 AM
Default Do you guys use these rewards?
I'm talking about the lifetime rewards ( or whatever they're called ) that make you never be hungry or never use the bathroom ever again. I personally don't like those rewards at all because it defeats the purpose of playing a sim. Why would they include those rewards?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:50 AM Last edited by Ive : 29th Apr 2012 at 7:56 PM.
I forget about them and tend to only use them whenever I have played a family for a long time and finally remember!

But I only use the ones like LDF or if I want a sim to be good at a particular career. Fertility treatment is a good one to use sometimes. The needs ones are not really that useful to me.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:05 AM
With the "Hardly Hungry" reward the sims still get hungry just slower, while"Steel Bladder" reward on the other hand though never ever decrease the bladder bar.
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:08 AM
I used to use them a lot, but recently I've been moving away from them; they kind of take the challenge out of the game

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:16 AM
I never use them. I pretty much ignore the MMO-grindy side of TS3.

This is why we can never have nice things!
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:19 AM
i always use the Fast learner....and Never Dull....ones
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:24 AM
Mostly I use them for when I have a large family, makes it a bit easier for me.
Mostly I think they are there for people who are having a bit of a challenge caring for their sim.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 3:22 AM
I only find myself using motive-related rewards in legacy-type challenges that allow me to use them. My large families would be dead in a week without those and testingcheats.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 3:37 AM
The only reason I've used one of these was the one about hygeine. I thought it would help with the gardner job since my sim is always stinky after. It didn't work though
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 3:39 AM
I've never get the ones that alter the sim bars ie. Steel bladder. I prefer observant and fast learner, or anything that improves my sims social and skill ability's.
Scholar
#11 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 3:44 AM
I use them frequently. If my Sim has earned enough rewards to buy them then they deserve to have them. Don't we all like those little things that make our life a little easier if we've worked hard for them?

The "needs" ones I never buy but the ones that help improve their quality of life are always on the list.
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 4:48 AM
It's not like it's hard to keep a sim from wetting themselves, so I avoid it because it's a waste of points and too cheaty. Same goes for the Motive Manager and (depending on the sim) the Collection Helper.

I mostly stay with the social interaction ones. Attractive is an old standby when I don't have anything else to spend points on. The painting/writing/etc ones if the sim uses those skills. Born To Cook from Showtime is excellent. Clone Vouchers are fun, as are Simbots, and I've been meaning to try the genie's lamp. Food replicator is good. Fast Learner is practically mandatory.

And the Young Again potion is *worthless*. 70000 points for an item you can make yourself for $4000? No thanks.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Instructor
#13 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 6:12 AM
I always use the steel bladder and the dirt defiant lifetime awards because I rather be doing something else with there time. Like clubbing or making something different happen in this game. Oh and the motive mobile is high on my list also. It's about time management, the less I have to do things I don't want too, the more time I have to discover different things about the game.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 6:14 AM
I'd only use: (depending on my sim situation)

Acclaimed Author
Artisan Crafter
Attractive
Better Mixologist
Body Sculptor
Bookshop Bargainer
Born to Cook
Change Lifetime Wish
Collection Helper
Dusty Old Lamp
Efficient Inventor
Excellent Groupie
Extra Creative
Eye Candy
Fast Learner
Fertility Treatment
Food Replicator
Hover Bed
The Hustler
Inappropriate But in a Good Way
Inheritance
Legendary Host
Long Distance Friend
Motive Mobile
Multi-tasker
My Best Friend
Never Dull
Observant
Prepared Traveler
Super Green Thumb
Super Nanny

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Scholar
#15 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 6:31 AM
^The only thing I don't agree with there is Change Lifetime Wish and Body Sculptor. Both of them are redundant if you have Twallan's mods and can take sims back into Create A Sim.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 6:42 AM
To me, Steel Bladder = "I don't have to watch them pee", not "They never pee".

Rationalization, it makes life so much easier.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:39 AM
I use only the Fast Learner and the Meditative Trance Sleep (I think this one's from WA... don't remember too well). And sometimes I go get the mid-ranged goodies such as the floating bed from GEN and the Collection Helper.

I have no witty comments to mention here.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:57 AM
I never used them until my hubby pointed out that I should. I don't get the "need" ones though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zokugai
^The only thing I don't agree with there is Change Lifetime Wish and Body Sculptor. Both of them are redundant if you have Twallan's mods and can take sims back into Create A Sim.

I never use the Change Lifetime Wish either, and I don't have Twallan's mods... but I use the TCE and take my sim back to CAS if I wanted to change his/her LTW.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
Mad Poster
#19 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:14 AM
I almost always take Dirt Defiant and Steel Bladder, but I use AwesomeMod, which changes the behaviour of these rewards.
The first LTR all my Sims get is Inappropriate but in a Good Way. I consider this especially mandatory for vampires who visit other Sims a lot.
Adventuring Sims get the Opportunistic LTR as it increases the Visa Points you receive for doing adventures.
Collection Helper also always.

I also take very often: Vacationer, Professional Slacker, Observant, Office Hero, Multitasker, No Jealousy, Above Reproach and the one that makes you clean things faster.

I've never used the Hardly Hungry and Meditative Trance Sleep so far, and while intially I had always taken Attractive and Long Distant Friend I don't use these anymore.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:27 AM
Career boosting rewards first, Relations enhancing rewards and normal/hidden skill-enhancing rewards second, bonus objects rewards third... Motive-related rewards last or never unless I am playing a legacy.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:37 AM
I always get Steel Bladder, but some sims get it earlier than others. Usually I give self-employed sims Steel Bladder earlier so they can slave away painting/writing/gardening/fishing whatever. For example, a writer sim would first purchase Acclaimed Author, and then probably Steel Bladder after wards. But my sims that work in rabbit holes get the Steel Bladder reward later, because they can just pee at work anyhow.

I find Hardly Hungry not so useful, as it reduces the time between meals but does not extend the length of the meal moodlet.

If I'm playing legacy style, normally by the time my founders are elders they have tons of extra lifetime happiness. So that's when I start buying the teleporter, the hover beds, the food replicators (love food replicators), moodlet manager and collection helper. My current household has all 3 hover beds, 3 food replicators, a teleporter, a moodlet manager and a collection helper. Generally, I avoid using the moodlet manager too much. Usually it's reserved for emergencies. In the same vein, I really dislike the motive mobile. I think it's boring if my sims don't ever care about their needs, plus I love to collect positive moodlets for them. It's like a mini-game for me. So whenever I do buy a motive mobile, I keep it in the family inventory until somebody goes on vacation. I don't mind the lack of needs during vacation

I used to love Never Dull, but since I'm using a mod to give my sims 10 traits instead of 5 most of my sims get the charismatic trait. Then I don't need to buy the Never Dull reward. Meditative trance does get added to many of my sims once they've gotten the more important rewards. It really depends on the sim in question.

I find inheritance somewhat useless because my sims can be rich without it. But that also depends on the situation. I remember buying it once when my household suddenly exploded with 5 kids really early into the game.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:03 PM
I mainly use observant, fast learner, no more bills, change favorites, change traits, never dull, attractive, and the one that make the hygiene deplete slower. After that I forget to get anything else, and my sim ends up with over 60k in points before I get bored and switch households. I am playing a sim that has reached adult stage, so I am about to get a genie lamp for her, but I am hoping that will keep me from getting bored.

EDITED: Forgot the most important one for sims that visit other homes constantly, "inappropriate in a good way". I need something to keep my sims from getting kicked out.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:00 PM
Depends on the sim, but my sims always get Steel Bladder and Dirt Defiant as their first rewards. Acclaimed Author, Green Thumb, and other trait or skill based rewards come next, and by the time they're halfway through the adult stage/into the elder stage I dump all their remaining points in to collection helper, hover bed, teleporter and maybe the food replicator.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Instructor
#24 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 4:07 PM
I don't like the unrealistic ones, unless I can justify why a character doesn't have to pee, I don't use it, although I've used them all at one time or another.

I do use no jealousy for my aliens sims.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 6:29 PM
Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry and Dirt Defiant are a must-have for my sims.
Page 1 of 2

Section jump