Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

laroux - 10x10 french vacation home (no cc/store content)

by farfalle Posted 1st May 2012 at 6:40 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st May 2012 at 9:58 PM
I haven't tried it in game, but very lovely home for the "not-so-wealthy" sim. I appreciate it, especially since most nice houses are massive mansions that are more suited to the disgustingly wealthy sims.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd May 2012 at 2:29 AM
This is so cute! I love the exterior. It does look very French.

I have noticed this strange lay-out working for the spiral stairs as well. I can't quite figure out why it works in that configuration when they don't function in positions that would make more sense o_O.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd May 2012 at 8:49 AM
wow this is a really sweet house!!! thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd May 2012 at 9:41 AM
Amazing ! I love it so much ! Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2012 at 3:22 PM
thanks for the comments!

@bluthochzeit - i know right? i've always preferred smaller, modest homes; my favorite thing to do in the sims is to work up from nothing and squeeze as much as possible in the smallest space i can. everything else seems so boring!

@yadarya - pets introduced routing issues to spiral staircases, and now--from what i can tell--if a wall is against the back left part of the stairs (i believe), sims will go up but they'll be reduced to stompocalypse 2k12 if they try to come back down. for some reason, shifting the staircase diagonally fixes that even though you wouldn't think that there would be any room for sims to move on the landing. it is pretty ridiculous in all.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:28 AM
I really love these mini homes! 10x10, 10x1510x20, etc. are perfect lots for fitting into tiny spaces in ay town, and they're they're just the right size for a small, inexpensive starter home. Basements provide plenty of extra space for growing families! Like you, I prefer a small or modest sized home to one of those huge 50X50 or 60X60 lots, with 3 or 4 stories, 5 bedroom, 6 bathrooms, with little sitting areas (comprised of either a sofa or a loveseat, two easy chairs, a couple of end tables with lamps, or a couple of floor lamps, a coffee tables, and a bookcase, and occasionally a small TV, and a nouseplant to brighten it all up) located throughout the house, makes it kinds hard to find the REAL Sitting Room. These places usually also have a number of tables or desks set aside for doing homework. The kids will exit the school bus, enter the house, and head directly for one of these homework spots, and I end up with eye strain because I've had to spend so much time searching for the little ones! One of the first things I do, when I'm fixing up one of these sprawling millionaire mansions, is to get ride of all of those homework tables, and create one, INDIVIDUAL homework/study nook, where everything - computers, homework tables, a bookcase, and comfy chairs for reading - in one location. I'd much rather have my family in a mini, like your little Gem I've just downloaded. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:59 PM
Merci beaucoup!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 9:19 PM
Wow, this is such a cute little house, my sims will love it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 12:56 PM
What a beautiful little house! i have trouble making anything that doesn't come out looking square and boring. can't wait to put this in my game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 7:24 AM
Thanks for this. I love that you detailed what was from each expansion, so that I knew that I would be safe to download without Pets. A very cute house, and I can't wait to use it.