Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 1366 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2012 at 12:41 PM
Have now two folders "Sims 3"
Hi,

hope anyone can help me to restore my game data.

I installed some new .packages, and then Sims 3 failed to start.
So I delete all the cache as mentioned in the wiki, and renamed the Sims 3 folder into Sims 3 backup (mentioned in the Step 3)
The game started finally, but I have to start all over again (begin from the scratch )

How can I restore my game data where I was playing?
Thank you
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th May 2012 at 1:19 PM
Sounds as if it would have been easier to just remove the content that started the problem. Did you try that before you generated a new Sims 3 folder?

If not I'd move the new folder to Desktop, rename the backup to The Sims 3, take out the package files that you added that started the problem, and continue where ya left off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2012 at 1:21 PM
OK thank you very much ,
will try that now!
Scholar
#4 Old 4th May 2012 at 1:26 PM
If everything works fine once you remove the files, put them back in one or two at a time and start the game to determine which one(s) is the problem and leave it out. If the rest don't cause problems, leave them in.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#5 Old 4th May 2012 at 1:26 PM
The solution is to keep following the FAQ - you stopped after the "Figure out whether or not the cause of the problem is in your user data" step, without going on to the "Figure out which file(s) in your user data are causing the problem and delete them, so your user data works again" step.

"On the page, punctuation performs its grammatical function, but in the mind of the reader it does more than that. It tells the reader how to hum the tune." - Lynn Truss, Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2012 at 1:53 PM
Thank you very much !! Everything works now!!

This forum is fantastic!!!

Thank you for the super fast answer!

Now I can enjoy the rest of the day with playing ,)))

(It was the IT career .packages which crashed the game)

Just another question: If I want to delete the .Sims3Pack files, whenever I don`t want them anymore, how to do it the right way?
Site Helper
#7 Old 4th May 2012 at 3:03 PM
using the launcher (or launcher substitute) you can "uninstall" sims3packs and they will be disabled. That is usually enough. If you have something that has to actually be deleted from the ddcache, the only way to do that is to delete the entire dccache and dcbackup, then reinstall everything you -do- want.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2012 at 8:12 PM
Ah ok, thanks!!

Section jump