Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 55 (Who?), Viewed: 8670 times.
Page 3 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 30th May 2012 at 9:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandraSpears
Delete them with Theo's SimPE plugin, and let the game regenerate new ones with the face templates I have. As for the new ones, they're just...there.

Occasionally there will be one I deem worthy enough to marry into one of my families.

Even Vince Jalowitz? I love Vince! He's a sweetie. :c

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Forum Resident
#52 Old 30th May 2012 at 10:10 PM
well, I downloaded the 'gussy up' hack and gave them all new clothes and makeovers. That was a start.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#53 Old 31st May 2012 at 3:47 PM
I send townie teens to college every now and then. The only adult townie I have made playable is Kaylynn Spitzig. She's one of the apartment life townies. She is now married to Cyd Roseland and they have a son named Ian. Ian recently aged up to a child. Other than that, I mostly use the townies as friends for my playable sims. I don't want to make too many townies playable because I have so many families already.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 31st May 2012 at 4:00 PM
I deleted all the premades by making a hood with clean templates. The only NPCs/Townies/Downtownies/etc. are the postteenager (what's the normal word?), the FT hobby stalkers, Rod Humble and the I-can-give-you-a-great-lover-if-you-pay-me-enough-woman. And I really like just seeing my own Simmies.
Theorist
#55 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 2:58 AM
Have mod for huge households; in the apartment hood I put EVERYONE on one house! I also have a mod that allows them to flirt, etc (even sneak off for a little fun - which can result in pregnancy!). I let them do whatever they wanted, only occasional intervening (can't stand crying toddlers). Most of the morons killed themselves, but I had a new, smaller, generation of uglies!

ignorance is not stupididity
Test Subject
#56 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 3:54 AM
I used empty templates to obliterate the premade NPCs and let my game generate new ones using replacement facial templates. Then I corrected the appearance of townies I thought looked too weird--blond hair with dark skin, blue eyes with dark skin, dark skin with glaringly Caucasian facial features--with boolprop cheats and contacts and skin-changing vials I downloaded. I finished by changing many outfits with one of Christianlov's mods, and so now many of my Townies actually look decent!

In my current neighborhood most of my Sims have dated and/or married Townies, which helps avoid the "Deliverance Town" effect where no one in the 'hood's second generation or later can date any other playable because they're all somehow related.

I have wondered about culling them periodically, though. It's strange to me that my first-generation elders have dated townies that their third-generation descendents could date somewhere down the road. I would like the townies to age with my sims, but since I don't have the expansion that allows shared birthdays, I wouldn't really be able to do it without cheats and a few hours' time, or a guilty conscience. Maybe if I involved dice for a random element, so that I could determine who died before their time and who got to age up to elder, and that way my lots wouldn't be overrun with elders.
Page 3 of 3

Section jump