Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2012 at 10:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Raise and lower objects
Hi! I wonder if anyone know how to raise and lower objects? I know more people say that you can use [ and ] to do that but that doesn't work for me. I have to use ´ to raise objects so I wonder if anyone know where to click to lower objects?

Sorry if nothing of this makes sence I'm not good at explaining in English ^^'

�Hanna. Come over to the J-rock side, we have men looking like women.
Proud Cafekko, ELF, ShaWol and S♥NE x3
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th May 2012 at 11:26 PM
What keyboard layout do you use?

I'd suggest hitting buttons nearby to see if that will lower objects.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2012 at 6:05 PM
What do you mean keyboard layout? :o
I have clicked like.. all the keyboard buttons without finding it.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th May 2012 at 6:16 PM
Not all wall items are "shiftable". http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12998.0.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2012 at 6:57 PM
is that diffirent wall iteams that's diffirent heighs or do I have to raie them myself? then I'm back to square one ><
Now I can raise like.. everything I think. (I've just tried with beds and lamps) but I can only raise them and not lower them :/

Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th May 2012 at 7:04 PM
When you talk about raising and lowering objects, I thought you were talking about items on the wall. THAT is what the [ and ] keys do.

I have no idea what you mean about raising and lowering things like beds and lamps. Never heard of such a thing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2012 at 7:09 PM
you know like bunk beds? they can be raisen so they can be heigher up at the wall. At the place I got my bunk beds it says to use the [ and ] keys but they doesnt work for me.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2012 at 8:36 PM
Ah, I know what you're talking about - thank you. (And I guess you mean wall lamps for the lamps. I was imagining table lamps.)

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea why the [ and ] keys aren't working for you. As Mordant pointed out, it may be a keyboard issue, but I just don't know. I'm sorry.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th May 2012 at 9:14 PM
If you mean the shelf beds from Simlogical, if you click on the actual beds, there's an option to choose what level they're at. I've never heard of beds being shifted using the [ and ] keys.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th May 2012 at 4:07 AM
I have some CC bunk beds that use the brackets to go up and down. One click doesn't shift it very much and I sometimes have to click it several times to be sure it's happening.

"Keyboard layout" refers to the way the keys are arranged. If your bracket keys [] aren't in the lower case position on the same keys as {} in uppercase, right next to the enter key on the right hand side of the board, it's possible that using them confuses the software. Depending on what language your keyboard was designed for it might be very different from that of the person who made the items you're trying to shift.

Or you might be trying to shift something that isn't designed to shift at all, but if you can shift it up with the ' key, that seems unlikely. If the ' key on your keyboard occupies the same position as the ] on the standard American keyboard, then I'd try the ; key, which is in the same position relative to ' as [ is to ] on an American keyboard.

Good luck.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)