Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2012 at 2:58 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 10th May 2012 at 6:34 PM.
Default Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
I know what you're thinking... no it's not a car stuff pack. EA wouldn't dare do the same pack twice.

Personally, not that anyone cares, but I'm excited about this! Branded Content stuff packs always end up really good. Fans seem to really like H&M + Ikea, so hopefully, Diesel is just as good.

---------------------------------------------------------
Style your Sims with the latest Diesel apparel, accessories and furniture and get ready for successful living. The Sims 3™ Diesel Stuff Pack contains the hottest fashions and home furnishings for your Sims from one of the world’s most popular lifestyle brands. Update your Sims’ wardrobes with Diesel styles straight off the runway. Dress your Sims in Diesel’s iconic cutting-edge pieces that have made it a go-to brand for denim apparel. Complete your Sims’ transformation with fashionable designs for the home featuring distinctive Diesel furniture. The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff Pack preps your Sims for the look and the lifestyle they’ve always wanted no matter what neighborhood they live in.
  • Dress to impress! Fit your Sims’ attitude with hot styles straight from the Diesel runway. Outfit your Sims in stylish Diesel fashions showcasing the trends that are all the rage this season!
  • Be chic, casual, and confident. Be tough, rugged, and modern. Upgrade your Sims’ style with the latest women’s and men’s fashions from Diesel.
  • Customize your Sims’ homes with industrial Diesel furnishings and décor from the showrooms of Milan to your ultimate urban loft.
  • Make your living room party ready, serve-up a second-date-worthy dining room or freshen up your bedroom with furnishings that reflect an edgy, urban, sophisticated style made possible by Diesel.
  • Bring a mix of rock and roll attitude and refined denim quality to your Sims this summer with The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff Pack.
---------------------------------------------------------

This SP is similar to:
Ikea Stuff
H&M Stuff

Furniture Style(s):
Diesel

Clothing Styles(s):
Diesel

Current Item Count:

Buy:
-Modern Dining Table
-Modern End Table
-Modern Coffee Table
-Trunk Coffee Table
-Wide Trunk Coffee Table
-Modern Desk

-Grunge Bed
-Modern Chair
-Industrial Living Chair
-Industrial Loveseat
-Industrial Sofa

-Desk Lamp
-Table Lamp
-Floor Lamp
-Ceiling Lamp

-Hanging Circular Wall Art

Build:
-Concrete Wall

Create-A-Sim:
Male:
-Top with Lines
-Graphic Tee
-Sweat Jacket
-Denim Jacket
-Layered Shirts
-Buttoned Shirt
-Blazer

-Shorts
-Jeans
-Ripped Jeans
-Boxer Shorts

-Glasses (maybe)

Female:
-Graphic Tee
-Cropped Jacket with Tee.
-Branded Tank
-Frilly Top
-Loose Top with Stars
-Bra

-Shorts with Suspender
-Jeans
-Panties

-Branded Dress
-Dress with Jacket
-Flare Bottom Jumper
-Short Dress

Pre-fab Bin Lots:

Misc.:
*Images from Simsvip.com
Screenshots

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:23 PM
I'm excited for this SP and i'll get this instead of the katy perry sweet crap :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:28 PM
^Smart Move. :p

Instructor
#4 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:33 PM
So basically EA is just trying to make it up for us after the katy perry stuff pack?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:38 PM
No, they were going to do this all along. Katy Perry's crap is just there to exist...

Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
No, they were going to do this all along. Katy Perry's crap is just there to exist...

No, they've just released their first dual stuffpack. One contains strange fashion, the other bland fashion.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:44 PM
Seems kind of early for another SP (especially considering that Katy Pery pile of dung is happening too), but I can never turn away new content.

And I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm kind of glad EA has turned to a real brand for clothing designs. God knows EA's clothes have been pretty hit-and-miss, ranging from great to "What kind of mentally balanced person would wear that?!" Anyway, liking what I am seeing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:47 PM
I just hope we get more furniture that what's show. The kitchen set from Diesel is AMAZING! Chances are we won't, but it'd be nice.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:59 PM
I actually can't see anything in this I'd use. It looks ugly to me; would much rather have had another Ikea and H&M pack *sulks*

Is Diesel an American brand? None of this stuff is in fashion in the UK. (Well, catsuits and playsuits were... last year.)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th May 2012 at 5:11 PM
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but there is already a thread on this subject. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=474771
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th May 2012 at 5:49 PM
My threads surpass your time here. You won't get it.

Retired
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th May 2012 at 5:49 PM
Matrix's pages are the official ones to my mind. SP looks nice. And expensive. If they try to charge a premium for the branding, well... ...SPs already cost c.US$40 in NZ. So eff that.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:05 PM
There's always price drops.

Forum Resident
#14 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:10 PM
So far I really don't see anything I'm dying to have in my game here. Can certainly wait until they run a half price sale on this, or give it away for free with purchase of a later EP...

And if they want $30 for this, like the KPST, then I won't even be willing to pay half price for it...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:14 PM
I'm happy that they brought in some of the industrial light furnishings from the Diesel home collection catalog...

now, industrial kitchen set, where art thou?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:23 PM
YES, THE KITCHEN! They'd be crazy not to give out more industrial stuff. It's not like we're gonna much anymore. I'd take just the counters, stools and a backless shower for flair. Yes please.

Throw in the windows from Apartment life, maybe the pipes - Take my money. All of it. That'd be an industrial loft!

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:25 PM
I could use some plain stuff in my game. I like it. But..I won't pay a premium price for the brand...so guess I will wait until it goes on sale.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
I actually can't see anything in this I'd use. It looks ugly to me; would much rather have had another Ikea and H&M pack *sulks*

Is Diesel an American brand? None of this stuff is in fashion in the UK. (Well, catsuits and playsuits were... last year.)

Diesel is Italian. It's all over the UK (I haven't seen any stores but their line are in plenty of shops). It's sold on Asos as well.

And I don't think any of these clothes are in fashion anywhere. I'm pretty disappointed by this and baffled as they are not representing themselves well in this SP. Their actual clothes look much better.
Scholar
#19 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:31 PM
I can't say I've ever heard of this brand, of course I'd never heard of H&M until the stuff pack either. I don't care for the look of the furniture but I'm not a fan of modern stuff. I do like the clothes though; they look like something normal people would actually wear. I really like that pantsuit in the second picture. I think I'll definitely be buying this pack. Who am I kidding...I buy any stuff pack they stick a gnome in. By my count, I've spent 60 bucks on gnomes. Corksoaking gnomes!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:42 PM
Looks pretty decent from those pictures, though I'm not a fan of a t-shirt that says DIESEL across the front in big letters. Not that I'm a fan of branding being the primary decoration on clothes on real life, but I'm a Simlish purist. A Simlish alternative would be cute.
Inconceivable!
#21 Old 10th May 2012 at 7:00 PM
I agree about the branding, but other than that it looks pretty awesome. I like the sofa and chair a lot, and the jeans look really nice. I wish there were some new, modern hairstyles though, but I guess since they can't write DIESEL in my Sims' hair it probably won't happen. I'm still gonna spring for it though.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th May 2012 at 7:03 PM
I can't say that this one makes me want to reach for my wallet, but...at least it doesn't make me feel the need to poke out my own eyes. So that's something.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 10th May 2012 at 7:12 PM
I have to be honest I never heard of Diesel before now.

**shrugs*

but it looks a lot better than the katy perry craptified SP
Mad Poster
#24 Old 10th May 2012 at 7:13 PM
OMG, I am hyperventilating now! I am so excited for the industrial furniture, I could pee my pants! Seriously, I need to go and I will come back in a few.

Woohoo!

EDIT: No kitchen goodies? Damn!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 10th May 2012 at 7:17 PM
I quite like the look of some of the clothes. Is the "hanging circular wall art" that thing in the first image on the wall on the far left? Or is that a mirror?
I love the trunk coffee table - I'd love one of those in real life but have yet to find one I can afford (which to be honest pretty much means for free at the moment!) :-D
Page 1 of 6