Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2012 at 2:00 PM
Default upload ghosts on lots.
I want to create a maze wih ghosts, but I'm concerned. If I submit it here, maybe no one can play it, because that's a populated lot. The whole point of the thing is the ghosts. I can make an isolated lot in a blank neighborhood. Of course, ghosts on lot will have relationship data to each other. Is this a very bad thing?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th May 2012 at 2:20 PM
I'm afraid it is, dead or alive makes no difference, a sim uploaded in a lot is a VBT. Better to make the lot with some CC tombstones and just tell people to make their own ghosts.
Site Helper
#3 Old 12th May 2012 at 4:53 PM
It is possible to make a safe populated lot. Unfortunately, it's not possible to verify that a populated lot is safe. That's why MTS won't allow populated lots to be uploaded.

Here's what I'd try: Start with a completely empty environment. Get mods to avoid spawning of all sims, including the newpaper delivery person. Create your ghosts. Ensure that there are NO other sims in the neighborhood. Then follow "the hard way" in the FAQ on moving sims:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Moving_Sims

If there are no other sims in your neighborhood, at all, then the lot should be pretty safe.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2012 at 10:10 PM
Thank you , both of you. It looks like "here's the lot, now create your own electrocuted servos" is the way to go. I had a look at "the hard way". I'm tracking down a bug that prevents this way. When I tinker with memories, sims in the neighborhood lose ALL memories.. Don't help me here. that's another thread
suffice it to say "create your own robots" seems the way to go here. Thank you- it's good to check this in the planning stage.