Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 3421 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2012 at 5:37 PM
Default Is Anyone Using Process Monitor Now?
I used it in the past with no problems and now no matter what I do I cannot get it to work. I have read the few threads and the help section but the information is all a bit old now. Something must have changed.

Can you use it now to check the packages you have and if so what settings are you using in the filter?

All help will be appreciated as I really want to get it working again. I have all EPs and SPs.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th May 2012 at 9:23 AM
The name of the Sims3 .exe file has changed since those days. So where the program to check is listed, if you have TS3 in there alter this to TS3W.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th May 2012 at 2:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimrod101
The name of the Sims3 .exe file has changed since those days. So where the program to check is listed, if you have TS3 in there alter this to TS3W.

Anyone know why they changed it? That threw me through a loop when I started playing again.
Site Helper
#4 Old 14th May 2012 at 2:16 PM
I don't know if they had another reason for it or not, but this change means that your shortcut, etc. doesn't need to be adjusted every time you install a new EP. So it does simplify things for us. And contrary to popular opinion, it's not unlikely that this was their intention.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th May 2012 at 2:28 PM
More likely the main reason was money, since every thing runs of the base game now, that means they can sell store stuff independent of EP/Stuff Packs.
EA does almost everything to save/make money.
Though they sometimes listen to users, so if simplify for users and it's not to much work for them they implement it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2012 at 1:09 AM
Thank you for the replies. Using the TS3W it is now working. I have already weeded out about 30 items including some from very good meshers, but for some reason the game was not happy with those items.

Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 10:18 PM
How do I change this (look below) for Process Monitor to work?

Section jump