Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Retro Meets Modern - New Kitchen Meshes

by mustluvcatz Posted 29th May 2012 at 6:27 PM - Updated 11th Sep 2022 at 10:49 PM by mustluvcatz

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th May 2012 at 6:59 PM
What an awesome kitchen and I'm so happy to see it uploaded. Great job!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th May 2012 at 7:17 PM
Love the rounded corner shelf! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th May 2012 at 7:35 PM
Love it, want it, getting it!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th May 2012 at 8:29 PM
Thanks MLC :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:12 PM
I loved a similar set to this for TS3, now my dreams of it being in this game have come true! THANK YOU! :D
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:13 PM
You are an awful, evil person who makes me break my no-not-Maxis-stuff moratorium. But, I love you anyway. 'Cuz I've been working on a 50s diner (Kind of like the Maxis "Red's Diner" Downtown lot only...not), and the rounded stuff is JUST what I need. Especially the turquoise.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:33 PM
Brilliant set, thanks MLC, love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th May 2012 at 1:33 AM
Love this my sims will be so very happy when I get it into the game. Love all the kitchen decor too.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th May 2012 at 1:42 AM
oh fabulous!! thank you so much! these are fantastic & I LOVE the added slots to the shelves!! drives me mental having gorgeous shelving cc & having to spend a couple of hours pulling my hair out trying to make use of them
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th May 2012 at 3:30 AM
Absolutely amazing. I love that seafoam green colour!
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th May 2012 at 5:12 AM
Is there a place I can get the deco objects you used in this kitchen
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th May 2012 at 12:43 PM
Gorgeous! I don't download kitchens very often, but I had to have this one.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th May 2012 at 4:01 PM
OOooo...pretties...me likey!!! I can't wait to get this set in my game! And yes...where can we get those deco objects?? I saw a crockpot that I want!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th May 2012 at 5:51 PM
Simply, Wow! Truly love this set. Such talent you have. As someone before me said, I too usaully don't download too many kitchens. And when I do download it's it's usaully "antique/victorian", but this set was just sooo different and unique - I had to have it. Can't wait to play it in my game! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th May 2012 at 8:51 PM
This set is great! In fact, I recently watched an episode of "House Hunters" where a kitchen had these exact type counters. I remember thinking I'd love to have them for my Sim homes, and now I do. Thank you!

I am also curious as to where you got your great kitchen clutter items? I recognize what I think are some of Buggybooz' casserole dishes, but the rest I've not seen around.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th May 2012 at 9:27 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 31st May 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Thanks for the comments! I'm glad to see other's like this kitchen like I do. And you're welcome- like I've said before, I like to share if what I make turns out good enough to.

Coeg: Rounded meshes ftw! I like that they work without the counter.
DigitalSympathies: If you mean Awesims kitchen, that's what inspired me here.
iCad: Only you could make being awful and evil sound so good!

As to where I got all the clutter:
Leehee/BillyJean: Black Pearl Sims
Pocci: Garden Breeze (Closing at the end of July)
Pocci Recolors: Domicile-Interior
NMS (Nemestnaya): Black Pearl Sims
Cassandre: Black Pearl Sims
Buggybooz: here at MTS
8-3: Skydrive Link
mdhttr323- Antique Bakery- here at MTS

At the moment that's all I can remember. None of the links are to the actual download, except for the Antique Bakery and the Pocci stuff. BUT if there's "kitchen" in the name, that's where I'd look, lol. I think the crockpot is Leehee/BillyJean's..that might be in the white vintage set. And there may be recolors of Buggy's stuff by Englechen that I used- those could be found at All4Sims. (Googling All4Sims will find that site for you..and searching Buggybooz there will give you recolors of her stuff.) Anything of Cassandre's is probably from her kitchen clutter sets.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th May 2012 at 11:53 PM
Thank you so much for those links! I'll go a'huntin'!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st May 2012 at 2:41 AM
Lovely set! Thank you, so much time and effort this must have taken.
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st May 2012 at 7:33 AM
Very nice, really, just downloaded and I will test it at the weekend. I wanted to ask if there's a folder in those download files, I don't like when I have to search all the stuff in all the other stuff of the game?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st May 2012 at 7:57 AM
You're welcome, neonhorn22.

You're welcome & thank you, Saturnfly!

greenstitch- there is a Residential Collection file included..all the meshes are in it so all you have to do is look in collections in game. If you're wondering if the files are in an actual folder..no they're not.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st May 2012 at 9:08 AM
I'd like to paste on some peeling pine veneer over a layer of crusty chip board for the wood parts with cat piss tinted, mildew stained, cherub themed contact paper for the shelves. Cherubs are as perverted as clowns and both motifs suit my sim world.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 31st May 2012 at 11:07 AM
Love it. Ive been looking for at retro kitchen and this is awesome. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st May 2012 at 4:00 PM
I found the other stuff, but after registering and activating my account at Black Pearl Sim, it still says I don't have permission to view the crockpot link you posted. Bummer! That's the one I really wanted!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 2:33 AM
i've been looking for JUST THAT round table!!!!!! remaking part of a place i hang out at after school on wednesdays and THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED TO FINISH IT!!!! I LOVE YOU NOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3