Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2012 at 5:51 PM
Default What's your CC weakness?
So I just went on a gigantic, two-day-long CC downloading splurge, even after telling myself I am CUT OFF from downloading until I clean up my files! Anyways. I'm starting to realize I have a problem...

I'm addicted to clutter. Empty soap bottles, knocked over boots, open books, toys, half empty water bottles, gardening hoses, you name it. If it's clutter, I have to have it.

And once I found this page:
http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=2119.0

It was all over! I will never be free of this addiction!

So what's your CC weakness? What's the stuff you just have to have, even after you've promised not to download anymore? What CC has your downloads folder bursting at the seams?

Or am I the only one with such laughable will power? XD
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th May 2012 at 6:06 PM
Thank God I'm not a CC addict, since I like what EAxis has to offer, I only download the essentials (e.g. fixes) and the lost stuff.
Instructor
#3 Old 15th May 2012 at 6:12 PM
It´s mostly hair and clothes... and facial hair. But especially when it comes to clothes I have waaaay too much. I´m trying to cut down that part of my downloads folder. It´s not working very well right now though, since I tend to always think "Oh, but what if I someday want that top, those jeans or that outfit on one particular sim? Can´t remove it now!"...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th May 2012 at 6:26 PM
game mods and hacks and skintones.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 15th May 2012 at 6:30 PM
Hair, clothes, and hacks.

I just recently, found out about how awesome hacks are -.-"

But usually clothes and hair. :D

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2012 at 6:49 PM
Pookleted hairs, iCaded woods.
I've been cutting back on clothing, getting default replacements. But--I play a megahood, so while it's okay for two or three sims to wear the same jeans, they all need different tops, or different whole outfits. Except for my teen group, lead by Tybalt Capp, who run around in the same studded leather jackets. And of course, except for the military guys, each sim needs a unique hairstyle or two.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th May 2012 at 6:57 PM
Real original here ... hair and clothes.

Second place .... default replacements in general. It's so nice to be able to use all of my facial templates, and actually use some of the slightly-revamped Maxis-originated hair and clothes I used to ignore. And I do like nice dinnerware.

I used to be really addicted to skintones, but I'm trying to cut down now, and actually got rid of several of them when I reset a neighborhood that had plenty of the old ones. How long THAT'S going to last is a good question.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th May 2012 at 7:09 PM
1. Mods, Hair, and Clothes, of course! I Love my Mods!
2. Populated Neighborhoods, I do love a populated neighborhood because I'm terrible at making Sims and I love pre-mades, whether by EA or CC, doesn't matter. I have 6 populated and 2 decorated with houses but no people, with EA's 6, that's an astounding 14 neighborhoods!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th May 2012 at 7:37 PM
As probably the biggest CC hoarder on this website for TS2 . . . hahaahhahahaha. WEAKNESS?! CC itself. That and interesting hair meshes with little flyaway bits.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Alchemist
#10 Old 15th May 2012 at 8:02 PM
It goes in waves. First, I went hair crazy, then I downloaded tons of clothes and now my weakness is home and yard decor and building supplies. Someone linked to a tumblr that had conversions TS3 ->TS2 conversions and I had to have almost all the furniture, appliances and decorations. That reminds me that I was going to ask if it was possible to delete or hide some of the Maxis stuff I'll never use to save space in buy mode.
Instructor
#11 Old 15th May 2012 at 8:03 PM
Hacks is also a "weakness" for me, but since they don´t take much place I don´t consider it a "problem". Clothes however (I think I have around 2 GB of just clothing ) is more problematic for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 15th May 2012 at 8:27 PM
Mods, walls (oh my god the size of my 'walls' folder!), hair. Had to go to Maxis-Match to cut down on the hair, it was that bad. (This helps... somewhat.)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th May 2012 at 8:34 PM
Hair. I love clothes and make-up but I've managed to control myself there. But hair... I love it. I blame whatever feature gave us the ability to change hair for outfits because it allows me to cram six hairstyles on a single sim so I feel like I'm not wasting them.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:00 PM
Mostly hair and clothes since thats what makes each of my sims unique.

The only problem is I'll download a bunch of clothing thinking itll look good (since it looks good in their overly photoshopped picturess) but in my game it ends up looking so crappy!!!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
As probably the biggest CC hoarder on this website for TS2 . . .

Were you the one with the 60 gig DL folder?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

60 gigs, I can't even wrap my mind around that... my poor laptop is sobbing just thinking about it.

I've recently found a love for hair, too. It really bothers me when my sims start to look alike, so I am constantly on the lookout for new hair so everyone keeps some originality!
Site Helper
#17 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:24 PM
Mods that make the game behave the way that I want, rather than the way that EA wants.
Scholar
#18 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:29 PM
Mine would be hair, clothing, & makeup. Those I find I have too much in, but I can't resist when I see more for download. Especially dresses, there's a lot of gorgeous dresses and I have fair from enough, but I download them even when I need more pants-type outfit. My hair downloads are the worst. I do download lots of build/buy mode and hacks, but I don't find that I have too much of them yet xD
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:43 PM
Mods to make life easier (no gardening, max motives, etc) recolors of cars from Vovilla and others, I'm a total geek for Sims cars! Bodytypes and meshes with clothing from Warlokk (SP?) and others. Killer houses from here... Too many creators to mention just one.

Because I have all of the EP's and SP's any additional content to make life more interesting (and weird) is in my "downloads" folder.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 15th May 2012 at 10:37 PM
60 gigs! I don't think my game would even load. Not that I wouldn't like to have 60gigs.

My name is Jo and I am a cc addict. *phew there it's said*

Okay so I have about 34,000 files last time I counted. I've been trying to slow down my downloading since hitting 33,000 but you know...that isn't exactly working out too well. I'm addicted to pretty much everything except terrain paint and make-up because I have gobs of them picked up from lots and sims downloaded off the exchange years ago that I want rid of. But I can't find them/can't tell in body shop if I like it, while in game I can tell but can't be rid of them. Anything that looks pretty, cottage like or cute, along with hair and clothes are my weakness. Files containing 50 colours are my undoing as I never know what shade to get rid of.

I also have around 500 hacks and right now I think I have something clashing with the arival of the school bus. Hope I don't have to do the 50/50 method again. :/
Forum Resident
#21 Old 15th May 2012 at 10:42 PM
Hair(especially retextures and neons) and clutter. Lots and lots of clutter. I have about 12 gigs of CC and I have since suspended myself from downloading anymore. Mainly because I find I spend more time downloading and less time playing. There are times where I load my game, literally look at the CC I downloaded and then turn the game off. Now I only play.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Scholar
#22 Old 15th May 2012 at 11:40 PM
I play TS3, but I hope you won't be mad if I post here! hehe
- Mods (I literally have 99 mods...I didn't realize this, I thought I had like 20 or 30. I mean, holy crap. The next patch...*shudders*) And now I know what I'm doing tonight: cleaning up that folder! haha
- Hair! (Though a lot of times I download hair that looks good in screenshots, but when I get it in my game it does not look good at all. :/ But that's why I love MTS, because you aren't allowed to photoshop pictures
- Clutter! I never realized so many people loved clutter like I do. It just makes everything so much more realistic. The only problem is if I want to upload my lots here, most people don't want 500 items of clutter from one of my lots! So I've actually deleted most of it.
- Clothes for me, too. There are so many gorgeous outfits out there. Oh and accessories--rings, bracelets, facial piercings, earrings.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Inventor
#23 Old 15th May 2012 at 11:48 PM
Mad Poster
#24 Old 15th May 2012 at 11:55 PM
I've got a pretty hefty CC collection of pretty much everything, but it's mods I'm most addicted to, by far.

Of my CC, while I do like CC hair and clothes, furniture, walls, and floors are equally, if not more important. I like variety in decor as much as variety in sims' appearance.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 15th May 2012 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Around 64, now.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
60 gigs! I don't think my game would even load. Not that I wouldn't like to have 60gigs.

I leave it to load overnight, it does the trick quite nicely. It actually runs pretty smoothly now ingame, no crashing at all since I thinned out which mods I use. The only crashing I've had is when packaging a lot I knew was glitched (but I insisted on doing it anyways).

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Page 1 of 5