Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2012 at 4:21 AM
Default Making an Accessory Morph with a Sim's Face Shape.
I'm in the middle of making an accessory and I noticed that the Teen Male version of my mesh is morphing with the shape of my teens face. But I can't figure out what setting it is that this gender/age has that my others do not. I would like my mesh to morph with all genders/ages.

I used the same mesh as a base, for all ages, only repositioning it to fit the others, so they all share the same joint assignments. So it can't be that.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

On a side note, this Maxis/EA mask download, found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,13883.0.html, third post down, under Die Sims 2 Kostüm, also has this face morphing setting, and if i'm remembering correctly Kavar's masks here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,40810.0.html, do the same.

I'm also wondering if there's a way to add additional ages to my mesh. Right now it's only for Teen-Elder, but i'd like it also to show up for children as well.

"We are begging for a reflection from a shuttered heart, to find and chase us over the edge"---H.I.M--In Venere Veritas
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th May 2012 at 10:56 AM
You may be able to get some helpful info about this from Dr. Pixel's tutorial, here:

http://www.modthesims.info/article.php?t=139586

Especially the part about linking. That is apparently where the "morphing" or "not-morphing" comes into play.

When you're doing the linking of each ages mesh in the 3DIR section, each age will have two sets of resource node and shape.

For no morphing to occur, you replace only the top two, and leave the bottom two alone.

For morphing to occur, I am supposing you must replace both sets so they are the same.

Adult, young adult, and elder all use the same mesh, so you would link those accordingly.

Teen will use its own mesh, so you will do that one with its own modified cres/shape pairs from your mesh.

The same would apply to child.

I would definitely save aside a backup file somewhere in case you find the morphing does bad things to your mesh, which I'm guessing is some kind of mask. You would have to try it in game, on various face shapes to see if the morphing goes well, or badly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2012 at 10:56 PM
Thank you for the suggestion Aligeth, but I just looked at the 3DIR in SimPE, and since the teen male mesh is the only one doing it, I looked at that package first. The two sets of Shapes and Resource Nodes are not the same. I looked at all the other 3DIRs and they are also numbered differently then the top pairs.

Hmm, I wonder what it could be, because I have accessories that morph with the shape of my Sim's face that i've downloaded from other creators.

But if I can't figure it out, and no one else knows then I suppose it's alright, i'd rather my mask morph with my Sim, just for the variety of faces that can wear it, but if not, then I guess i'll go without.

Thanks again for responding

"We are begging for a reflection from a shuttered heart, to find and chase us over the edge"---H.I.M--In Venere Veritas
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2012 at 10:58 PM
Antibusdeath, did you happen to use the round glasses when you cloned your accessory mesh? They are known to stretch weirdly on teen males. That's why it's recommended that, if you're cloning glasses to make accessories, you start with something other than those glasses.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2012 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Antibusdeath, did you happen to use the round glasses when you cloned your accessory mesh? They are known to stretch weirdly on teen males. That's why it's recommended that, if you're cloning glasses to make accessories, you start with something other than those glasses.

No I used the square/rectangular glasses. They come in several lens colors, green, red, black. They are labeled as 'sunglassesevenmorehip' in SimPE.