Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 3175 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2012 at 4:08 PM
Default Store content missing
So... I got some Store stuff and all, and after I install them, only some stuff of the Store sets are showing up, for instance, after I installed the I Heart the 50s one, only the Buy Mode stuff will show up, but the all the male stuff from CAS aside from the hair, only show up for Adults, not for Yound Adults, same goes to some other content that I installed that even after I install and it says it's already installed, when I go back to the launcher they show up as if they weren't installed but if I try to install, they say it's already installed. What is going on? Any help at all?

Sorry if it's in the wrong area.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th May 2012 at 8:01 PM
You could open up the simspacks in S3PE if you are a PC user and turn the items into packages. I had to do that when the Lord Sponge computer vanished one day for some reason. Some people do a process called decrapification, but I wouldn't do that unless several other people suggest that you do. But the package thing keeps the simpack intact. If you ever need to delete everything and reinstall, you'll be able to reinstall the simpacks again in their true form. I had this happen with Riverview. I messed something up and the town and the items stopped showing up. But once I had to reinstall for a totally different reason, and I could install riverview again with the regular simpack. But I wouldn't do a reinstall just to have the items show up.

Package files are great unless you want to share creations. Some people even take all their packs and turn them into package files without ever installing the packs and just keeping them around in case they need to use them again (and they paid for them so they might as well save them.)

As for decrapification, I know some folk do that, but I'm not sure if it's actually kosher to do. It may even go against the EA terms of service even if you bought the stuff. I'm just mentioning it because some people suggest it. But I say try to go package because I believe your files will still be pristine and not all decrapified, unshareable and possibly illegally tampered with.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2012 at 8:40 PM
Well, thanks!

I have decrapified and still doesn't work. I think I'm gonna try S3PE to see if works.

Edit: How do I open sims3packs with S3PE?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th May 2012 at 1:48 AM
Hey there,

I had a similar problem happen to me a few months ago.
I ran an update on The Sims 3, and after that, all of my CC and Store Stuff wouldn't show up in the game at all!

One thing that may help you, since this is just an issue with store downloaded material:

The Sims 3 Game Launcher, by default, will create a ".package" backup of everything you buy from The Sims 3 Store. This is pretty awesome, actually.

After you buy, download, and install the content using The Sims 3 Game Launcher, go to:
Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > DCBackup.
This folder contains a bunch of ".package" files with hexadecimal names, and one file called "CCMerged.package".
These are the automatic backups that the game creates for you.
I would then go into your "Mods" folder, and inside of "Packages", I would create a new folder called "StoreContent".
Drag and drop all of the hexadecimal packages into this folder (with the exception of the "CCMerged.package" file).

Now that you have done all of the above:
Run The Sims 3 Game Launcher.
Uninstall all of your downloaded store content.
Close The Sims 3 Game Launcher.
Reopen The Sims 3 Game Launcher, and play the game.

You should have all of the store content showing up now, as you have simply put the "package" version of these items into your game - the same way you would with any of the items available for download on this website.

Anyways, I'll stop rambling now
I really hope this gets you back and running!

~ Simoleon
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2012 at 2:09 AM
Let me cross them fingers and see if it works!

Thank you!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th May 2012 at 4:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraavio
So... I got some Store stuff and all, and after I install them, only some stuff of the Store sets are showing up, for instance, after I installed the I Heart the 50s one, only the Buy Mode stuff will show up, but the all the male stuff from CAS aside from the hair, only show up for Adults, not for Yound Adults, same goes to some other content that I installed that even after I install and it says it's already installed, when I go back to the launcher they show up as if they weren't installed but if I try to install, they say it's already installed. What is going on? Any help at all?

Sorry if it's in the wrong area.

None of the I <3 the 50's clothing is set for young adult, so that's one problem solved right there. Also, the launcher is always a filthy liar, never trust what the launcher tells you. If that little shopping bag icon appears once it tells you it's been installed, it has been installed, if not, it hasn't. Always check the actual game, the launcher is crap.
Space Pony
#7 Old 18th May 2012 at 9:45 AM
I have the magic set installed and all of sudden my cauldron has disappeared. Everything else is showing up in game except for that. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of all my store content. At first the launcher shows it as installed, but when I go into my game it's gone again. I do delete my downloads from the downloads folder in the game and my DC back up files. Could that be the cause? I always did it before and never had the problem.

Section jump