Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2012 at 10:00 PM
Default Would this work?
Could I be able to transfer all my CC over to another computer with a thumbdrive? The laptop doesn't have any internet access, but I want to be able to play TS2 on the laptop WITH my CC. So if I pop all the CC that I have into a thumbdrive and transfer it to the lappy, would it work?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th May 2012 at 10:07 PM
I don't see why not, you don't need to have the internet too transfer files, unless they are online. So, yes. Just make sure when transferring your CC, that you make a folder on the new laptop. Or you will have to use your thumb-drive every time you play.

So, yes, you can. Just remember you NEED a folder and put all of your stuff in there. Because I didn't transfer my music correctly onto my new laptop, and I lost it all. Because I didn't take the stuff off the thumb-drive and then make a new folder. Yeah...It saddens me.

Happy Simming

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th May 2012 at 10:40 PM
It would work. I used to play sims solely on my mom's computer. When I finally replaced my (insert cuss word of choice)-y old computer with my current one which can actually run sims, she put all her cc on a flash drive and put it on my computer so I would'nt have to re-download everything.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2012 at 10:58 PM
The only thing I can think of that might cause problems is if one computer doesn't have the same expansion/stuff packs as the other and so some stuff that works on one machine running, say, Pets, doesn't work on the one without it. But other than that, it should work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2012 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
The only thing I can think of that might cause problems is if one computer doesn't have the same expansion/stuff packs as the other and so some stuff that works on one machine running, say, Pets, doesn't work on the one without it. But other than that, it should work.

I only have the base game and Double Deluxe, and plan on installing those on the laptop... But thank you! I just don't like playing the game vanilla.
Scholar
#6 Old 19th May 2012 at 1:18 AM
That's how I transferred all my CC (and my neighborhood save files!) over to my non-internet laptop. It works just great.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Inventor
#7 Old 19th May 2012 at 3:23 AM
/\
|

Same. Since I don't have internet on my sims playing computer, all CC is transferred over. Good way of storing it as well as back-up games.