Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2012 at 2:02 AM
Default Pondering bolts
Hiya

So today I made three new sims and chucked them in a house together. I knew they weren't suited to each other, but I was curious, so I got them to 'check sim out' on each of the other two. They had one bolt with each combination, so I didn't think much of it and was going to take them downtown on the pull.

But then the two blokes started autonomously flirting with each other, and had crushes in about 5 minutes!

I always thought it was only 3 bolt couples who did that?

And should I let them be a couple or make them each find 'the one' (a sim they have 3 bolts with)?

What do you think?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th May 2012 at 2:05 AM
Two bolts autonomously flirt also, not just three bolts. I personally prefer two bolts over three bolts. Three bolters drive me up the wall with the constant stalking and constant ACR woohoo.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2012 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Two bolts autonomously flirt also, not just three bolts. I personally prefer two bolts over three bolts. Three bolters drive me up the wall with the constant stalking and constant ACR woohoo.

Thanks but mine were only 1 bolt-do they do it aswell?

I love 3 bolt couples, I think they're cute!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2012 at 2:41 AM
I've seen one bolt couples autonomously flirt, just not as often, and it takes longer to get to the higher romantic actions.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th May 2012 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon

The only really obsessive three-bolters I have are the Jason-Corey Larson pairing I have in my Pleasantview hood. Three bolt couple that met in a bar one day. Every other second is sexy time. It doesn't help that they're both perma-plat, and it doesn't make too much sense because they're both Fortune sims. My other triple-bolters are relatively moderate in the romance department, especially my triple-bolting romance sims.

I've had two bolt couples act like three bolt couples though. Apollo Hunter in Veronaville jumped the sack with Frances J. Worthington III about three seconds after meeting, and they're two bolt. It was both sad and funny at the same time.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2012 at 2:53 AM
I actually have a no-bolter couple who did it all themselves. I put Johnny Smith in with the Student Housing household and deliberately let everybody free-range a lot. Johnny autonomously charmed Klara Vonderstein, and since then she's been throwing herself at his head. They flirt on their own, kiss on their own, make out on their own, fell in love on their own, sleep in the same bed on their own - they don't roll wants having to do with each other, so they're still virgins, but - there they are. I'm a long way from deciding what to do about it, too.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:45 AM
I have a three bolter right now -- I believe my first! Nervous and Annie Subject -- are constantly holding hands and kissing, etc. They havent autonomosly woohoo'ed yet -- can they do that? And can they auto *try for a baby* ?
Also what does *ACR* mean -- keep seeing it in posts but can't figure out what it is.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:58 AM
ACR stands for Autonomous Casual Romance, its a mod that makes flirting, kissing and woohooing more autonomous.

If you don't have ACR, your Sims can flirt autonomously but they can't woohoo without you directing them. With ACR they can woohoo autonomously by use of a timer. It can be annoying because their timer runs down and they just have to woohoo when you want them to do something else (like taking care of the kids. I almost had twin toddlers taken away by the social worker because the three bolt parents where woohooing instead of feeding the toddlers. The only thing that saved them was the wife's Freetime benefit to plead with the social worker).

They can only autonomously try for baby with ACR, not in a game without the mod.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:03 AM
Ahhh okay thank you for clarifying ... I dont use mods so thats why I never heard of it!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:18 AM
ACR's woohoo timer can be changed, you guys. And I believe the default settings for the timer are based on aspiration, not chemistry. Romance sims' timers run down every 24 hours whereas Knowledge sims' timers are set for... longer. Don't remember the exact figure. But anyway, these default settings can be changed for each sim. Autonomous woohoos interactions can also be cancelled out.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th May 2012 at 8:15 AM
I have one sim, who scoped the room and saw a woman he liked. One bolt. He never got a chance to talk to her because she left immediately afterwards, but he rolled wants for her for the next three days. Also Don Lothario constantly wants to ask out/kiss/flirt with Brandi Broke - and he has negative chemistry with her! I think some sims are just very highly sexed.

ETA: Actually, thinking about it, these are both Romance sims I'm talking about, that probably has a lot to do with it.
Scholar
#12 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:19 AM
You should see Don in my game. He has the cross-bolt (word?) with a woman in my Pleasantview, Casey. They make out with each other the first time they met. And that thing made Don break up with Nina, who naked-eye-ly (word??) watching that whole moment.
HELP MEEE~~

Hey there! :)
Scholar
#13 Old 29th May 2012 at 2:27 PM
[QUOTE=haricots] naked-eye-ly (word??)QUOTE]

*hugs* I wish I could help you with this, but I can say & think the right word, just can't spell it (long long long time awake) but I'll throw out a hint & see if someone else gets it: it starts with a "V" & is the opposite of 'exhibitionist'...I'm thinking "voyeur" or similar
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:05 PM
Aah thanks everyone! It's nice to know what you all think, and hear your stories! I think I will be nice to them and give them a happy ending
Inventor
#15 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
You should see Don in my game. He has the cross-bolt (word?) with a woman in my Pleasantview, Casey. They make out with each other the first time they met. And that thing made Don break up with Nina, who naked-eye-ly (word??) watching that whole moment.
HELP MEEE~~

Goggle-eyed?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th May 2012 at 6:29 PM
Was Nina amused or annoyed? If she liked what she saw, leered or ogled might be the word you want. But if she wasn't happy, maybe she gave them the hairy eyeball or stink eye.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 11:41 AM
Alike to Orilon, I prefer two bolts to three. Two bolter relationships are quick to set the path to. In my opinion, I consider 1 bolt to be attracted to, 2 bolts to be a real relationship, 3 bolts to be strange quirky stalking romance.

Anyway, if you're happy with a gay couple, then I say go ahead with it. It'll be a different path to a normal play Anyway, it'll save a lot of red memories of "We broke up" "so and so isn't my best friend anymore" "so and so got caught cheating by so and so"... you get the idea!

Желаю счастья и успехов для всех олимпийцев - I wish you happiness and success for all Olympians
Formerly "ZedzKay" - Thank you Leefish <3

I live on the forums.
Thank you to all creators for the CC that is available for me and for everyone
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 11:45 AM
Since this was over a year and a half ago I think Dizzy-noodles would have decided this already.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 11:50 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 9th Feb 2014 at 12:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
Hiya

So today I made three new sims and chucked them in a house together. I knew they weren't suited to each other, but I was curious, so I got them to 'check sim out' on each of the other two.

But then the two blokes started autonomously flirting with each other, and had crushes in about 5 minutes!

So that's what you use the "Check sim out" interaction for! I know that it definitely sets the gender pref. for the first time, but didn't know it would actually cause the sim to autonomously work on it furthermore!

I had two sims who for some reason kept on autonomously smooching each other goodbye! And they weren't in love or anything but someone told me its because of the M&G SP. So, I just worked on that and got them in love, but they don't seem to roll engagement wants, is it because of the postmortem fix? They're both widowers.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Since this was over a year and a half ago I think Dizzy-noodles would have decided this already.

Ah, well!
It's my habit of replying to dead threads!

Anyway, it could come in useful to someone else who was in the same boat as Dizzy

Желаю счастья и успехов для всех олимпийцев - I wish you happiness and success for all Olympians
Formerly "ZedzKay" - Thank you Leefish <3

I live on the forums.
Thank you to all creators for the CC that is available for me and for everyone
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Yeah I did I let them stay together, but I did adjust their turn ons with the aspiration rewards thing. They got married and had a son (by boolprop), and they've been very happy together. They're both elders now, and their son has grown up and moved in with his girlfriend Downtown.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 12:54 AM
If I have a couple who seem suited but still think each other or one of them is "Meh" I use the sim manipulator to change the turn ons or zodiac. Often it is the zodiac at fault.

As to flirting, sure one bolt couples do that. I got a shock when my highschool principle decided to randomly flirt with my gypsy and then straight on to asking her to go steady. I faced palmed as they are both single type sims with only 1 bolt. So I married them with the sim blender, only he keeps rolling the get married want. *double face palm* But the game won't let sims marry and not have one move in and change names.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 5:01 AM
You could get them married, then move one of them out. I've done it a couple of times, the one left behind cries, but they don't split up or anything. You can change the last name back using SimPE http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...hange_Last_Name
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 8:02 AM
I would, except they both own home business's and the game wants one of them to dissolve it. So since I don't want to do that I guess I have to put up with his marriage wants. I'm just waiting now for one of them to want a baby.... that should be interesting.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 8:59 AM
Aah that's a shame. There should be more options for things like that.