Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2012 at 11:11 AM
Default making a hider (f.e. hat hider)
I am desperately trying to make some of the maxis-content invisible for my game - like the hat-hiders that are available for some expansion-packs. Can anyone direct me in the right direction where to find a tutorial on this or - even better - give me some short instructions?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th May 2012 at 12:48 PM
Very simple. You need S3OC and S3PE.
This method will totally hide a particular item (hat hair, or anything else) from CAS. If you just want to hide one or more presets, like my mod, let me know and I can explain it to you - it's a bit more complicated - or you can use MasterController's "Compact CAS" setting to do it all automatically.
  • Open S3OC.
  • Under the Cloning menu, hit (experimental) CAS Part.
  • Find the hair you want to hide. This is easier if you know which EP the hair came with, since all the hairs have the EP in the name. They also have the age and gender in the name; p for toddler, c for child, a for teen/young adult/adult/elder; and f for female, m for male. So an adult male hair from WA will be called amHair_EP1_Something. Click a hair in the list to see a preview.
  • Once you've found the hair, click Clone or Fix.
  • Untick Renumber/rename internally, click Start, save your file somewhere you'll remember.
  • Wait. When the cloning process has finished, click "No" to "Do you want to keep working in S3OC", and close S3OC.

You now have a default replacement of the EA hair. Problem is that it's exactly the same as the original. So to turn it into a hider:
  • Open the file you just saved in S3PE.
  • If this is the first time you've used S3PE, tick Names and Tags in the bottom of the S3PE window.
  • Select everything in the list of resources except the resources tagged CASP and _KEY, and hit Delete.
  • Select the CASP resource, and click Grid at the bottom of the window.
Now you have two options.

If you want the hair to be hidden in CAS, but for townies to still be able to wear it at random:
  • Click the + sign next to ClothingCategory.
  • Scroll down to "[18] IsHiddenInCAS", and use the arrow at the end of the line to change the value to True.
  • Click Commit (bottom right).
  • File -> Save.
If you want the hair to be totally gone from your game, so no sim will ever wear it again:
  • Click the + sign next to AgeGender.
  • Find all the lines which are set to True, and use the arrows at the end of the lines to change them to False.
  • Click commit (bottom right).
  • File -> Save.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2012 at 5:37 AM
thank you very very very much
I will play around with this on the weekend and hopefully soon my CAS will contain only pretty items ;-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 8:25 AM
worked like a charm... thank you again :-)
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 1:37 PM
You are awesome!

Can you explain how to hide presets? I've got things with over 15 of them! Most of them are not even working

Please
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 2:26 PM
Over 15 presets? Is this CC, then? Or are they presets you made and saved yourself in CASt?

Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 12:19 PM
I didn't save anything!!! It's CC.
Can you tell me how to get rid of them, it should work the same way like "standart presets hiding".

Please
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 1:24 PM
In that case, deleting presets is much simpler. You'll need to download CTU ; once you have it installed, open the CC file in CTU. Go to the Designs tab. The presets are listed at the top; you can select whichever one(s) you like and hit the delete button to delete them. Then go File -> Save and you're finished.

Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 4:18 PM
So easy?!?
Thanks, it works perfekt. Didn't think it would be so simple.

Can you tell me how to do it with EA-Hats?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 5:03 PM
`Quick question -- once the default replacement has been made, will replacing the image DDS files with those of a different hair work? It'd be kinda nice to replace the fugly stuff with some nice custom hair ---
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 2:37 AM
I appologise for teh thread necromancy, but I have a question about Whiterider's instructions.

As far as making it not show up on any sim ever, wouldn't it be easier to just set "is hidden in CAS" to true and "valid for random" to false? Is there some situation where they would still show up?

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 11:19 AM
thank you very much for quick tutorial!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 12:03 PM
You can do that, valasia; and you can do that too, sciguy77.

bubblegum__14, follow the instructions above up to "Select everything in the list of resources except the resources tagged CASP and _KEY, and hit Delete.". Then save the file, open it in CTU, and delete the Designs. Make sure you use Save in CTU, not Save As, as I believe that save as will renumber the file (and stop it from being a default replacement).