Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 8:28 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 8th Jun 2012 at 6:15 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3871851, 3871894
Ahh, ok, my building skills aren't that great so i will definitely need help, (I'll work hard so it meets my high expectations) but area 1 will have a lot of work. I'll have to ask around for shell donations, and try and make my own. Then you can help make the road blocks and fencing areas off. CFE will need to be experimented on.

I'll have to ask what the others think, but I was thinking that everything outside the city (except the military part) would be dirt roads, I've been stalking other WIP threads like Reyes County and Nowhere and that style's what i was thinking for the other areas. But everyone seems to have a different idea of where to go with this so I'll pm each person individually and see what they say (what and where they want to build)

EDIT Riptide wants a flat 60x60 for a nuclear silo , and a 50x50 on a hilly area for a vineyard
Matrix wants for definite the Science Facility, and the other rabbithole lots

Also, do you think its time to start a sim contest yet? for sims that will be pre-packed into the world file. I know we dont know how many sims are needed yet, but it might be good to give people a head start for maximum creativity.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 10:34 PM
Sims would be a great place to get things really rolling. Even with limited residences, community lots will generate a population, so assigning pre-made sims to the homeless and service pools to be used for those roles would be important. Since they'll move into an apartment as NPCs after they are generated, maybe placing a couple of bomb shelter apartments wherever traffic should be heaviest would work to keep them out of the more desolate areas.

Of course, that means zombies will take over the bomb shelters...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 10:45 PM
evil smile...
Alchemist
#29 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 10:57 PM
Is it too late to sign in? In the building thread Matrix54 mentioned a "A reclaimed test water testing facility turned into a pool" lot. I have been building one for my own world but I could donate it for this project, when the lot (large one) is finished.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 11:30 PM Last edited by Prawler : 6th Jun 2012 at 11:47 PM.
Varpunen, its not too late to join, but as Matrix54 said he wanted to build it, its up to him whether it gets accepted (if that makes sense)
But anything else you wish to make or build is welcome

EDIT: Problem, I cant post a contest in the contest forum as I am not a high enough level, I've PMed a moderator, so hopefully this will be resolved, I'll keep you all posted.
Scholar
#31 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prawler
...EDIT: Cameranutz2, I just stalked your page and see you have dabbled in the object and modding fields, if you feel like creating something we (I) would be eternally grateful

lol...I am a "dabbler" that's for sure. I can take a look around and see what I can come up with.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 12:14 AM
The only thing I have dibs on is the science facility. While I would prefer to create the town (I'm a stickler for unity and cohesion), I have no problem with people saying they want to do this or that lot. Not an issue at all. Also, I'm in the process of creating a few walls. Selfishly, I started on my own already, but I'll more for the rest of town, no worry.

Does the town have a preferred architectural style, or a period, etc. Is there a certain look and feel?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 12:14 AM
Cameranutz2 you have a link to sims crossing in your siggy, does that mean you are a creator there? If so, would you mind asking folk over there to join us for object creation, officially, with a thread and everything? If you are too busy dont worry, I'm just trying to get the wider sims community involved, but it seems they dont trust people who are new to their site lol
Thank you x
Instructor
#34 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 2:08 PM
I do not mind Joining along, if you still need volunteers and people to help. I am a lot builder, I also am a learning CAW user, and I can work on meshing too (my texturing is a little sucky though). I will take anything given to me, and I do not mind helping with any area needed.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 2:47 PM
Levini, thank you and welcome, I've added you to the builder's group. We desperately need some good objects and stuff to use. If you'd like to make something. Anything you want really, I don't want to say 'do this' etc because if its not something you want to do then you lose passion for it and it becomes like a job.

Have you ever tried to make shells of buildings for CAW?
Alchemist
#36 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 4:00 PM
Varpunen, its not too late to join, but as Matrix54 said he wanted to build it, its up to him whether it gets accepted (if that makes sense)
But anything else you wish to make or build is welcome

Sorry, I misunderstood. No problem.

The lot I have been making is actually an old water treatment facility, which is repurposed as a community pool. It's not a science facility at all. But I can see the inconvenience of having two similarly designed lots.
Instructor
#37 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 4:21 PM
Uh, No I have never tried to.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Scholar
#38 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 7:33 PM
Cameranutz2 you have a link to sims crossing in your siggy, does that mean you are a creator there?...
Thank you x

Actually, I own the site. I can post a note for ya.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 8:39 PM
Cameranutz2 Thank you, would you mind liaising between here and sims crossing?
Levini, no worries just wondering as I'll probably need some for the city part.
Matrix, you can build the whole area if you want, Varpunen can give you her lot and you can edit it to your needs etc if that's ok?
Varpunen, I dont think it would be an inconvenience, it's just first come first served so to speak, so I want to make sure Matrix is happy with everything.
SharaRose: would you mind starting a WIP thread, just for all the world updates, thanks
I've figured out how to start the sims competition (thanks to the moderator Heaven) for sims to be included in the world, does anyone want to help judge?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 11:12 PM
Sorry guys, can we keep the building discussion to the builders group please.
This thread is for volunteering and World updates. (though a WIP will be created soon)

Also can everyone put a link in there signature for this project, and I'll update the first post with all the links to all the sub-threads for the project.
thank you
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#41 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 6:21 AM
Prawler it's time for you to create a social group and move this over there, as well as your thread in CAS (sounds like a request thread and is not allowed). Create your group then invite everyone to join. The last post in this thread before locking can be directions to send you a pm if they wish to join.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Please create a social group for this!
Page 2 of 2